Thongchai among Thais in contention for Royal Cup

rooster59

Thongchai among Thais in contention for Royal Cup

By The Nation

Veteran Thongchai Jaidee is ready to take on top players of the Asian Tour for the Royal Cup at the Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club in Pattaya from July 26-29.

The event offers US$500,000 purse money (Bt16.5 million)

The strong field of 156 players will consist of 75 Asian Tour players, 40 Thais, 10 PGA of Australasia players, 5 Japan Golf Tour players, 16 invitee spots, and 10 players from Monday’s qualifiers.

Thongchai, the three-time winner of the Asian Tour Order of Merit in 2001, 2004 and 2009 and 13 Tour titles, said: “It’s such a great honour to compete for the Royal Cup and this is the first time I’ll be playing this tournament. I will try my best as usual and would like to see that the trophy will remain in Thailand.”

Ratchaburi’s Sattaya Supupramai said he was well prepared for the tournament. “I always practice at this golf course. The fairways and greens are quite difficult. I will just aim to play well in the first two rounds and make the cut. If possible, I would like to finish in the top 10.”

Chinnarat Phadungsil, the 29-year-old from Chantaburi province, said: “The golf course is very challenging and keeping ball in the fairways is the thing to do here. I wish to perform at my best and that should get me a good outcome.”

Other top Thai players in the line-up are: Phachara Khongwatmai, Chapchai Nirat, Prom Meesawat, Panuphol Pittayarat, Danthai Boonma, Natipong Srithong and Arnond Vongvanij.

The event will be broadcast live on True Sport HD 3 on True Visions from 1pm to 4pm on Saturday, and Sunday. Tickets for spectators are available at the booth near the public entrance to the golf club at Bt100 per person per day. Those aged under-18 and above 60 have free admission. Gate will open at 8am daily.

The Royal Cup 2018 is sponsored by the Sports Authority of Thailand, the National Sports Development Fund, Siam Commercial Bank, P Overseas Steel Plc, PTT Group, True Visions, Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club, Advanced Info Service Plc and Port Authority of Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350554

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-21