Thai"friendly"....share your insight.

moontang

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Even in the "real world," many of them will still want 20 or 30K per month, one way or another....  That doesn't mean, of course, you have to pay it or accept those that make such demands.

True. The younger women advertising for men up to any age, probably have Thai boyfriends or even Thai husbands, expecting 20 to 30k per month just for a quickie maybe twice a month or sponsoring. Fine, if there are older guys desperate enough to want those types of setups, good luck to the girls.

Most of the photos are either photoshopped, taken back in their younger days and easy to tell that quite a few older women lie about their ages, when a 35 year old looks to be well into 40s.

Also, there are many ladyboys posing as real women and many women claiming never to had been married and don`t have children, that is usually not true. Many of the words on their profiles they have copied and pasted from the Internet. I also believe that quite a few of the profiles are fake.

Then there are the limitations for free members, whereas messages can only be sent once every 10 minutes, trying to push members into pay subscribing.

As I said; there are probably a few successful meetups on TF,  but most of it is very hit and miss, plus all the bluff and crap to filter through. I think most of these free or cheapo Thai dating sites are a waste of time

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

As I said; there are probably a few successful meetups on TF,  but most of it is very hit and miss, plus all the bluff and crap to filter through. I think most of these free or cheapo Thai dating sites are a waste of time

I had a pal that got 3-4 free shags a week from Thai friendly.

It was quite hard work for him, he would spend all day on the app, tell any lie required, and sleep with anything that turned up.

He hardly ever saw a woman twice, as it only ever appeared the first go was free.

Young guy in his 30s, he said it was better than the dating scene in NZ.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had a pal that got 3-4 free shags a week from Thai friendly.

It was quite hard work for him, he would spend all day on the app, tell any lie required, and sleep with anything that turned up.

He hardly ever saw a woman twice, as it only ever appeared the first go was free.

Young guy in his 30s, he said it was better than the dating scene in NZ.

Sure it is better.

Your pal was right it takes a lot of time and work in most occasions to finally meet up with them.

Especially the attractive ones they are very busy.

A little off topic the Filipino Cupid site has 1000's of girls.  And, they will contact you I had about 150 requests in the first 24 hours.  

But the place for sure is all about the money just a poor country with desperate people.

Some nice ladies though and most speak very good English.

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

With an attitude like that, you would think all the girls would love to be with you.

The fatties would !  No joke, I had coffee with one last week. Looked good in photos but turned out to be 67kg in person, down from 80 apparently. After coffee she made a suggestion about coming to see my condo, I made an excuse. 

The biggest problem is the level of photographic deception. 9 times out 10 the person you meet is a very different kettle of fish to the one in the pictures. If they posted realistic images you would never visit the site again...

6 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

The fatties would !  No joke, I had coffee with one last week. Looked good in photos but turned out to be 67kg in person, down from 80 apparently. After coffee she made a suggestion about coming to see my condo, I made an excuse. 

The biggest problem is the level of photographic deception. 9 times out 10 the person you meet is a very different kettle of fish to the one in the pictures. If they posted realistic images you would never visit the site again...

That was your mistake.

A smart man has a Skype or similar type communication prior to the meet.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

That was your mistake.

A smart man has a Skype or similar type communication prior to the meet.

Nah they've got that covered too. The right clothing, lighting, makeup etc. You'd have to ask them to wear a bikini and be prepared to do a twirl...

On 7/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, moontang said:

less wasted time, more credibility, and it might help matters if the guy knew which ones were total hookers.  Because, while some guys ",never pay"..others wouldn't mind a bit...And the sooner you know, the better.

Where's the credibility of "looking for love" on the internet?

I doubt that this TV forum is a good place to get tips on "spot the gold diggers" but so far, 3 pages of what you probably already knew. Maybe try one of the more select, mongering-in-Asia type forums. Plenty out there, complete with online ID's names and phone numbers, all chock full of advice wrought of bitter experiences in hotel rooms, mostly on the low-end of Sukhumvit.

I met my now wife on Thaicupid, I have a few funny stories but my wifes stories are much better. If you think its a mine field for a guy looking for a date/GF/partner, its a whole lot worse for the genuine girls looking for genuine relationships.

Wife used to wake up each morning, delete and block the 27 guys that had sent dick pics, (has that ever worked for any guy in the history of the world, lol) she would then respond to the guys that said a polite hello etc, then delete and block the ones that asked for naked photos or what colour is your underwear etc. She would then delete and block the offers of marriage and declarations of true love from guys she had never met.

Eventually she would chat with what appeared to be normal guys, out of the blue would come the unsolicited dick pic or underwear enquiry, delete and block. Eventually she would chat for a few weeks and even go on a coffee date etc (usually taking a girlfriend along) only to find out its not only the girls that put up fake profile pics, lie about age, weight etc.

A percentage of these coffee dates would end up being an expectation of casual sex, how much for short time, thank you for the coffee, nice to meet you, go home an delete and block.

Eventually when I did meet my now wife for the first coffee date it was more like being on the witness stand being interrogated by the chief prosecutor, it took me 6-8 dates and some old school courtship to fully convince her that I was genuine, realise we did actually like each other and then start a relationship, even then there was no sex until I signed an "intention to marry " document.

I think at the end of the day, as much as I had to filter out the hookers etc, my wife went through quiet a process. Anyone who has dated normal Thai girls through work, friends, social acivities etc will soon realise that normal Thai girls, in the majority, dont do casual sex or hook ups etc. Going on dating sites with an expectation of casual sex, you will meet hookers.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Eventually she would chat with what appeared to be normal guys, out of the blue would come the unsolicited dick pic or underwear enquiry, delete and block. Eventually she would chat for a few weeks and even go on a coffee date etc (usually taking a girlfriend along) only to find out its not only the girls that put up fake profile pics, lie about age, weight etc.

It sounds unlikely.

I guess your wife was different

(how do you spell gullible? or is the right word credulous?).

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I met my now wife on Thaicupid, I have a few funny stories but my wifes stories are much better. If you think its a mine field for a guy looking for a date/GF/partner, its a whole lot worse for the genuine girls looking for genuine relationships.

Wife used to wake up each morning, delete and block the 27 guys that had sent dick pics, (has that ever worked for any guy in the history of the world, lol) she would then respond to the guys that said a polite hello etc, then delete and block the ones that asked for naked photos or what colour is your underwear etc. She would then delete and block the offers of marriage and declarations of true love from guys she had never met. 

A percentage of these coffee dates would end up being an expectation of casual sex, how much for short time, thank you for the coffee, nice to meet you, go home an delete and block.

Eventually when I did meet my now wife for the first coffee date it was more like being on the witness stand being interrogated by the chief prosecutor, it took me 6-8 dates and some old school courtship to fully convince her that I was genuine, realise we did actually like each other and then start a relationship, even then there was no sex until I signed an "intention to marry " document.

I think at the end of the day, as much as I had to filter out the hookers etc, my wife went through quiet a process. Anyone who has dated normal Thai girls through work, friends, social acivities etc will soon realise that normal Thai girls, in the majority, dont do casual sex or hook ups etc. Going on dating sites with an expectation of casual sex, you will meet hookers.

Your post is pretty much right on.

"intention to marry" document??  I have heard of that mostly also with some sort of dowry attached.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Note to self, stop sending dick pics and asking about her undies...

Next?

Good post though. As Scotland's national poet said, "O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us To see oursels as others see us!"

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure, but it was a common sense point sorry if you do not understand.

?

This ostensibly is a discussion on improving the OP's success rate on internet dating. nothing more, nothing less.

What's this about common sense now?

2 hours ago, britishjohn said:

You look like an athlete?

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Pay first, play later!

Correct. My first ever Thai girlfriend was a classical Thai dancer that I was introduced to at the old Suvvanahongse cultural set meal and dance show tourist trap. After a few weeks of some of the most spectacular after-dinner rumpy-pumpy in rooms at the Miami, Honey and Nana hotels, we had a very sombre lunch in the Nana coffee shop with a well-dressed, older, male friend of the family. He very politely explained that his 'niece' was not only a very highly respected teacher, but she was also a professional dance instructor to the Royal court. Being seen together at restaurants where she worked was fine but her stopping over at 2-star tourist hotels with me was no longer an option. There was no need for any written agreement on my intentions but my intentions needed to be made clear and I was expected to acknowledge a form of engagement before she could "accompany me in public". I was quite impressed by the gravity, sincerity and honesty of the whole event and solemnly promised to consider their representations. I walked my girlfriend to her 'uncle's' shiny Toyota Crown, deferred on our usual hom-noi, waiid respectfully and waived as they drove away.

Around 4 PM, I checked out of the Nana, went down the street to Ekamai and caught the bus to Pattaya... and the moment was lost.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, moontang said:

I didn't state anything was wrong with it, but it is odd that there was zero mention of freelancing or massage in their profiles.

Maybe they are a soft-sell and are using the background to tell a story. Clever !

Maybe they failed to realize that background would tell a story. Just an oversight.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

It sounds unlikely.

I guess your wife was different

(how do you spell gullible? or is the right word credulous?).

The word is 'Oranges'.

Say it slowly, & it sounds like 'gullible'.

Try it.

?

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

That's a long post but a pretty accurate one too!

Your description about salacious activity is correct. Many ladies have told me that often after only one session of messaging, the guy turned it dirty. They just blocked him.

I have never done anything inappropriate when messaging with a Thai lady. And I have often been told I was the only one that acted that way, hence, messaging continued. And today, I have a fine lady as a result of treating her with respect.

Some men are just clueless.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

did they tell you how much you had to pay at that point?  I did notic e that many of the girls state no cam, no dick pics, no dirty talk.....must be more of the guys trapped in freezing cold, waiting for their two weeks....

Tinder is potentially better than TF, but the modus operandi is different. It's easy to get carried out and accumulate too many matches. They will then all want to talk with you at exactly the same time, usually just after work finishes. Trying to banter with 5 different women simultaneously is too much for me. As I'm discovering you must reply quickly and once conversing you keep the momentum going. Many a time I'll respond in the evening to an introduction sent to me in the morning, never to hear from them again... they can be fickle if nothing else

1 minute ago, neeray said:

That's a long post but a pretty accurate one too!

Your description about salacious activity is correct. Many ladies have told me that often after only one session of messaging, the guy turned it dirty. They just blocked him.

I have never done anything inappropriate when messaging with a Thai lady. And I have often been told I was the only one that acted that way, hence, messaging continued. And today, I have a fine lady as a result of treating her with respect.

Some men are just clueless.

It seems from my conversation with the women from these sites your info. is correct. I have been told most guys ask to see naked photos with the excuse they want the women to prove she is not a LB. Also, dick pics are pretty common.

Besides the obvious, isn't this some sort of crime here?  Just saying if she decided to file a complaint.

9 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Tinder is potentially better than TF, but the modus operandi is different. It's easy to get carried out and accumulate too many matches. They will then all want to talk with you at exactly the same time, usually just after work finishes. Trying to banter with 5 different women simultaneously is too much for me. As I'm discovering you must reply quickly and once conversing you keep the momentum going. Many a time I'll respond in the evening to an introduction sent to me in the morning, never to hear from them again... they can be fickle if nothing else

My experience with Tinder in Pattaya was about 80% were LB, so I stopped using it.

Archived