Thai"friendly"....share your insight.

moontang

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why post nonsense? Not every Thai woman on a dating site is a hooker.

I met my wife on Thai love links, she has never asked for 1 baht, now nearly 8 years since we first connected.

A  more perfect wife you couldnt find.

She works full time (school director) comes home takes care of me, wakes every 2 hours to help me turn on the bed,

Now all you pl+++ers saying they are all out for money take note, you are wrong.

You right , first need to reach retirement age and then meet good girls half the age and third the weight . 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I think women that use these sites must be quite desperate. For example, why would a young, beautiful attractive girl need to join a crap site like TF to hook up with guys? When I was using the site, most of the women that contacted me were in their 40s and 50s, those that had been left on the shelf and looking for security for their old age. There are no doubts that the young pretty girls are going to be all about money. The older the guys, the higher the price.

There is some truth to that. Walk around any shopping mall and you will see beautiful women of all ages. You rarely encounter similar on Tinder or TF. There are exceptions of course but often the women on sites are not getting approached in real life and you have to ask yourself why. It may not be their appearance or weight. Sometimes a young child can make dating harder.  In fact only a few days ago I matched with a girl who'd been married to a very rich Thai man. There are photos of her on yachts, in Porsches and other expensive locations. She does has a young child, but has a nanny and maid to assist. Was surprised to see her on Tinder though. Maybe she thinks she will encounter another wealthy one there.

Of course money plays a big part, but many attractive girls are going to be conscious of the man's resources whoever she dates. How many women want a man who is flat broke ? All relationships are an exchange of some sort, whether it be looks, status, personality or money. 

Another Tinder wild goose chase this afternoon. Agreed to meet for Tea in Central World. She txt on arrival telling me to meet her in a certain restaurant. I enquired why a restaurant for tea. She replied she was hungry and wanted to eat. It was 4pm.  I told her I didn't want to eat but would happily watch her. With that she went in a huff and told me to forget the whole thing. I wished her good luck…

My assessment: a possible porker, knowing full well I'd have no interest but scheming for a free meal….

1 minute ago, britishjohn said:

Another Tinder wild goose chase this afternoon. Agreed to meet for Tea in Central World. She txt on arrival telling me to meet her in a certain restaurant. I enquired why a restaurant for tea. She replied she was hungry and wanted to eat. It was 4pm.  I told her I didn't want to eat but would happily watch her. With that she went in a huff and told me to forget the whole thing. I wished her good luck…

My assessment: a possible porker, knowing full well I'd have no interest but scheming for a free meal….

Hey, good for you we need more men like you standing up for themselves!

so i guess you were not that interested in her... why didn't you go see her in person ... you could have always left for the toilet and not returned...  two can play these games.  or what downside a meal for 400 baht?  never know who will be a possible keeper?   I met one gal off thaicupid once. she was a nurse in BKK. we had a fun evening.  ended up trying out mattresses at Central World and the sales clerk thought we were a couple... that was actually a nice place.. privacy laying on a bed and a nice public location for a first date.. plus the fun interaction with eh sales clerk every so often as we tried out different mattresses.  Might as well find out how she lies to sleep on the first date.  I learned that good mattresses are rare in Thailand..  I had just read a blog where you should not date a gal who's family live with her and her father and nephew were living with her.  So I din't turn the night romantic or see her again.  i now see on line on her home image that she married  some ugly older farang.  I kinda regret not seeing this one out.  oh we also had fun trying on clothes and even down coats as if we were preparing for winter in my home state.  im a bit sad when I look at the pictures I took and think of what I may have lost out on.. 

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

so i guess you were not that interested in her... why didn't you go see her in person ... you could have always left for the toilet and not returned...  tow can play these games.

I offered to keep her company while she ate, but she didn't want it. I'm guessing because she thought she would have to foot the bill.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

You right , first need to reach retirement age and then meet good girls half the age and third the weight . 

Again you are posting nonsense, why?

I was not at retirement age, wife is not half my age, she is not a third of my weight.

Posting like you have done on this thread makes you look stupid.

1 hour ago, britishjohn said:

there is a well done youtube video on chinese scammers...one is Tinder dates meeting for coffee and the guy getting a bill for several hundred Dollars...almost similar to the karaoke scams in CM.  I have also heard terrible stories about some of these nice girls at the malls...bloody nightmare...you will wish you were simply at Soi Cowboy or much better yet smooci.

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why post nonsense? Not every Thai woman on a dating site is a hooker.

I met my wife on Thai love links, she has never asked for 1 baht, now nearly 8 years since we first connected.

A  more perfect wife you couldnt find.

She works full time (school director) comes home takes care of me, wakes every 2 hours to help me turn on the bed,

Now all you pl+++ers saying they are all out for money take note, you are wrong.

I basically agree with what this poster has said.
I met my darling Thai wife through Thai Love Links about six years ago. I believe it's now called Thai Cupid. I'll admit that it's NOT been all beer and skittles between she and I but we are happy the great majority of the time and that my friends is about all that anyone could ask. I love her dearly and she genuinely loves me which is quite a surprise really. The cynics can now chime in with derision.
Our relationship is solid but I will not pretend that money does not play a part in our relationship.
Of course, money is a factor for women on Thai dating web sites, just as it is in the Western world. Nothing so very different there. And my wife is no exception. We, men from the West, are generally pretty comfortable living in Thailand on our pensions of whatever and Thai women look to us to help them live better lives than would be the case otherwise.
For what they're worth, here are MY conclusions about Thai dating web sites and why Thai women are on them.

1  very, very commonly, Thai women who are on Thai dating web sites are there because they have had a failed marriage to a Thai man. We all know, if we have eyes to see with, that Thai men are far from ideal partners for any women. They most commonly smoke, drink, gamble and <deleted> around after marriage and quite often they are abusive to their Thai wives as well
2  Thai women who have been through such a marriage see Western men with Thai women and they see those men treating their Thai women well, caring for them, oftentimes being tender with them and showing the affection that I would suggest most women crave, whether Thai or otherwise.

There are therefore in my view many good , honest women on Thai dating sites although I admit that my experience of such sites ended some six years ago when I, thankfully, met my wife and partner. Before we did meet, I had a number of other relationships with Thai women on Thai Love Links as it was then. Some were OK, most were not and it was obvious that some of the women I dated were really interested in little more than money.  They didn't pass muster.
I guess, in conclusion, that I am one of the lucky ones. I have found a little Thai women I love and who I honestly believes loves me in return I admit partly because of the financial difference which I have made to her and, indirectly, to her family.
I am not generally at all complimentary when speaking of Thai people, but here is an exception. Where the great majority of Thai women on dating web sites are there not simply for money but also for the benefits that come with a relationship with a Western man. Sure there are money grubbing scrubbers too but I really felt that they were in the minority at the time I last had experience of such sites in 2012.
You're welcome to disagree with me. I shalln't be offended.

2 hours ago, britishjohn said:

I offered to keep her company while she ate, but she didn't want it. I'm guessing because she thought she would have to foot the bill.

In Thailand, sex is obligatory after the meal

Should have payed for the food and then given her the real meat..... 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Again you are posting nonsense, why?

I was not at retirement age, wife is not half my age, she is not a third of my weight.

Posting like you have done on this thread makes you look stupid.

Again, whatever makes you feel better, whatever you like to create in your mind and believe is entirely your choice,No one is judging you. or forcing you to change your ideal fantasy world

2 hours ago, britishjohn said:

Nah, she did not want to waste time as no benefit after the meal ?

On 7/27/2018 at 10:41 PM, britishjohn said:

I met a 41 year old from TF who was in great shape and a bit of a looker. After 5 dates things were not progressing as I wished so I backed off. Then she told me I'd have to fork out 30k baht a month if I wanted to take it to the next level. It didn't feel very romantic lol

I'm getting fed up with online now, I need to figure out how and where to meet them in the real world...

It didn't feel romantic?

You met a  whore what did you expect?

The real world for most expats is the bar girls and prostitutes wanting out. You need to pay.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, moontang said:

less wasted time, more credibility, and it might help matters if the guy knew which ones were total hookers.  Because, while some guys ",never pay"..others wouldn't mind a bit...And the sooner you know, the better.

Can't see any educational goal reached so far.

I was on ThaiLoveLinks (Thai Cupid) for three years before meeting the ideal woman...we met in 2012 and married in 2014.

I "advertised" for a woman who was about 5'2" to 5'5", no more than 120 lbs, and with a university degree.  And a little bit of English competence.

Before meeting her, I had checked the "no children" filter.

My now wife was the first woman I had met with that filter unchecked.  She has a grown-up son and an ex-husband (Thai of course) who fitted all the usual descriptions of the Thai ex-husband.

Thirty years my junior.  Has her own job in her new country and (incredibly) earns as much as my generous pension.  She even insists on sharing expenses as often as possible, something surely extremely rare in most people's experience of the Thai pooying?

After being with her for two years (but not yet married), I asked her one day, "why do you love me?" 

She did not hesitate to answer:

"You no shout me;

you take shower every day;

you not smoke;

you kind to me."

(I was a little disappointed she did not tell me I was "hansum" and good in bed.  Every other day, with the help of Sidegra for my elderly organ.)

After six years, she says to me, every day, after demanding and of course getting her daily hug: "just married."

1 hour ago, blazes said:

I was on ThaiLoveLinks (Thai Cupid) for three years before meeting the ideal woman...we met in 2012 and married in 2014.

I "advertised" for a woman who was about 5'2" to 5'5", no more than 120 lbs, and with a university degree.  And a little bit of English competence.

Before meeting her, I had checked the "no children" filter.

My now wife was the first woman I had met with that filter unchecked.  She has a grown-up son and an ex-husband (Thai of course) who fitted all the usual descriptions of the Thai ex-husband.

Thirty years my junior.  Has her own job in her new country and (incredibly) earns as much as my generous pension.  She even insists on sharing expenses as often as possible, something surely extremely rare in most people's experience of the Thai pooying?

After being with her for two years (but not yet married), I asked her one day, "why do you love me?" 

She did not hesitate to answer:

"You no shout me;

you take shower every day;

you not smoke;

you kind to me."

(I was a little disappointed she did not tell me I was "hansum" and good in bed.  Every other day, with the help of Sidegra for my elderly organ.)

After six years, she says to me, every day, after demanding and of course getting her daily hug: "just married."

So she lied and you accepted it ..... 

7 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

In Thailand, sex is obligatory after the meal

Should have payed for the food and then given her the real meat..... 

OK I'll bite!

Is this true or just trolling me?

Or what you would pay for the meal is the same as paying outright for boom-boom?!  ?

Does KFC count!?   555

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

So she lied and you accepted it ..... 

No he said " she was first one he met with that box unchecked.  But I'm doing the math. She must be 38 or 40. So he is 70.   Wow. This means I should be dating a 28 yr old.    Way to go man. 

29 minutes ago, Elkski said:

No he said " she was first one he met with that box unchecked.  But I'm doing the math. She must be 38 or 40. So he is 70.   Wow. This means I should be dating a 28 yr old.    Way to go man. 

Yes, actually you should be.

My guideline is 30 years younger.

Otherwise, why are you here because you can probably meet an old lady in your own country.

30 years is no big deal here I know a guy 70 who is with a 21 year old.

8 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

It didn't feel romantic?

You met a  whore what did you expect?

The real world for most expats is the bar girls and prostitutes wanting out. You need to pay.

Some of the Thai bar girls I encountered managed to give me the 'romance' I never found with my (former) English wife.

The flirting, touching, helping shower you, all invaluable.

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Thanks.  Good maths.  But she is 46.....mind you, among her Western 'sisters' she looks only 36.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Otherwise, why are you here because you can probably meet an old lady in your own country.

Seems like I need to be a bit more ambitious...

About a year ago, I met a respectable and considerable lady in Emquartier for mid morning tea. She had her own business, owned a house in Thonglo and drove a nice car. After refreshments to my surprise she invited me back to her house for lunch. It had been a dry spell for me. So I availed of her generosity and ended up staying for dinner and a bit more besides…

Looking back on my brief time here so far, I've met approx 100 women in person from online dating and it's certainly not the first time a larger lady has not been backward in coming forward. One conclusion is inescapable. A chubby chaser could have a field day.

58 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

About a year ago, I met a respectable and considerable lady in Emquartier for mid morning tea. She had her own business, owned a house in Thonglo and drove a nice car. After refreshments to my surprise she invited me back to her house for lunch. It had been a dry spell for me. So I availed of her generosity and ended up staying for dinner and a bit more besides…

Looking back on my brief time here so far, I've met approx 100 women in person from online dating and it's certainly not the first time a larger lady has not been backward in coming forward. One conclusion is inescapable. A chubby chaser could have a field day.

You are right as most Thai men do not like fat girls.

Where as in many western countries the men seem more desperate.

In the days before thaifriendly etc, a friend would hang out around Siam Square with his mobile phone prominently displayed on the table in front of him. He said he had the bluetooth function operating and would pick up signals from girls around him and within range. He'd then connect, and if they responded, start up a conversation to see where it would lead. I tried it a couple of times, but I didn't have his chutzpah and soon gave up. But he claimed he got quite a few shags that way.

Soooo -- does anybody use bluetooth in this manner anymore? Or is it passe? To my way of thinking, it would be a great way to create liaisons for a bit of fun.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ok here's a question...

How many of you know of a farang/Thai couple with at least 20 year age gap in which the woman is genuinely slim and attractive, and she's not an ex bar girl/hooker ? By attractive I mean 6/10 or above.

3 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Ok here's a question...

How many of you know of a farang/Thai couple with at least 20 year age gap in which the woman is genuinely slim and attractive, and she's not an ex bar girl/hooker ? By attractive I mean 6/10 or above.

I do. First hand knowledge.

On Cupid I saw a very attractive, respectable looking girl age 42, and with a good job. I am 69. I sent her message with the view of getting to know her better and to see about a long term relationship. Our messages were always respectable and about getting to know each other. One thing that confused me was that when I looked at her profile on Cupid it would record her as having logged in a 1am, 2am 3am, or even 4am. This confused me as she had a full time job during the day. I signed up for a 2nd account on Cupid using a photo I downloaded from the Internet. I sent her a message saying I would be in town in two days and could she come to my hotel room at 8pm. No trouble at all. I asked for a recent photo, nude, she replied she had plenty of nude pics but only gave them to people she knew. I asked how much and she said we could discuss it when we met. I signed up for a 3rd account and asked her to meet me at my hotel at 2pm. No trouble at all. I said I was going to Phuket next day for a week and would she come with me. Of course she would. At this stage I made my apologies and cancelled her visits. Using my real profile I asked her for some nude photos. She went ballistic saying she does not have any nude pics and would not sell her body to anybody.

When I visited bkk I met her and spent most of the day with her. She acted respectably and would not let me touch her. We still keep in touch, I may see her more often when I move there, not sure.

Archived