Trump denies wrongdoing, says lawyer's tape 'perhaps illegal'

rooster59

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Giuliani said the proposed payment was a personal matter and not subject to campaign finance law.

I'm pretty sure in at least one past interview related to this, Guiliani mused at how bad it would have been for Trump's presidential campaign if the affair stories had become public just prior to the election.

Perhaps he or Trump or others have now managed to get him back on script lately!!!!  :cheesy:

As for Trump's possibly "illegal" tweet, obviously he's not up to speed on NY State law relating to recording calls.  But then again, as the illegal activities of his foundation show, he's obviously not up to speed on LOTS of laws.  Or simply doesn't care about abiding by them.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Let's put it this way. An adult with Alzheimer's and a brain damage that could be from a tumor. When does he understand that his Superpowers never existed? America is long in China's and Russia's hands. He's just an old senile fart. 

I'd love to know what drugs he's on. 

In my opinion, the issues stem from the fact that he is not on enough drugs. He is clinically insane. Some of that condition could be medicated. He would be far less of a menace to society if he was ON HIS meds.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In my opinion, the issues stem from the fact that he is not on enough drugs. He is clinically insane. Some of that condition could be medicated. He would be far less of a menace to society if he was ON HIS meds.

Perhaps he’s getting enough but not the drugs he needs.

It’s just a shiney object to take the spot light off the helinisky fiasco to divert attention away from the fact he is an agent of a hostile power for his dereliction of his sworn duty to protect the constitution.take heart after the midterms the surviving republicans won’t put up with the bs

1 minute ago, Tug said:

It’s just a shiney object to take the spot light off the helinisky fiasco

That has been posited, that Guiliani knew about this tape and chose to leak it both to get it out and to shift attention. But given Trump's whiney tweet I'd say Lanny Davis had a hand in this "leak"

40 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And they effectively stopped them until after the election. Good deal. 

Sounds successful to me.

Yes, successful at violating federal elections law on campaign finances....  Put another checkmark in Trump's "I broke the law" win list. 

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yikes, Russian bots are everywhere.

And good to see Clinton Derangement Syndrome is still afflicting the weakest among us.

No jog over to COmet Pizza for your daily meds.

Yes, we disagree with you. So it must be some deep conspiracy because people can't have different opinions. 

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And they effectively stopped them until after the election. Good deal. 

Sounds successful to me.

Exactly, so this means he influenced the elections with this.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

America must be really proud to have such a President,who cages children,

denies global warming,is taking animals off the threatened list,just so big

business can move in and exploit the wilderness, who is a whore monger,

woman abuser,a bankrupt,and a hell of a liar,anything I have missed ?

regards worgeordie

yes, you left out: narcissistic and extremely selfish

6 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Nothing at all shows that the Russians swayed any voters nor changed the outcome of the election. Indisputable fact. 

Get back to me when there arent open borders globalist Democrats supporting the abolishment of ICE and supporting illegal immigration and anchor babies for votes and I might give more of a shit about facebook memes and bots from Russia. From were I sit the only ones trying to sway any election in any meaningful way are Democrats and their liberal drones. 

Do you consider all the HC scandals and the one towards the end, (that apparently help swayed the election) might have not been helped by Russian sources?

and also artfully managed by Trumps son and others?

i would not put it past him.

And there is good reasons to believe Russia helped Trump win especially when he didnt even get magority numbers:

-An idiot in the whitehouse is just what Putin would want.

-America divided within, fixating and distracted by bumbling Trump lets Putin get on with business in other areas unbothered.

Trump knows himself the reason Russia would help him win the election...because Putin considers him the perfect idiot to be in the whitehouse.

Trump is narcistic enough to let it slide because he has the power.

It is no suprise Trump didnt call Putin out on meddling.

why would he ask a question he wouldnt want answered ?

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I can't speak for TV members, but Trump's support among white evangelicals remains in the mid 70s (percent). Among village idiots support is a Putin-like 80%

Evangelical leaders, and those who say there are Trump's "spiritual" "Advisers" (like Paula White), contort themselves to defend the President, and also request donations for a second G5.

It definitely says something about the intelligence of 'white evangelicals' and other american village idiots.... And it is scary how many of these idiots there are in america...

There is some rumbling that there are more tapes, a lot of them.

And it is looking like the Cohen camp leaked this one as a warning shot.

And this tape alone, when heard by the public may be very, very damaging.

Guiliani appears to be pre-spinning Trump's comment re: payment to Ms. McDougal in an effort to prepare the base for the worst.

The government/SDNY have the tapes, can't see the Special Master considering these privileged, especially if they represent illegal activities like fraud and comspiracy.

The Hannity tapes should be good as well.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Give him enough rope and he will hang himself. Don't give him drugs, just keep feeding the rope. Get it over and done with. The noose keeps tightening. I expect something will snap soon.

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

Give him enough rope and he will hang himself. Don't give him drugs, just keep feeding the rope. Get it over and done with. The noose keeps tightening. I expect something will snap soon.

I would agree, the only thing stopping him doing and saying "really" stupid things is the democrats and main stream media, if they left him alone for a couple of weeks, agreed and gave him free reign, he would dig a hole very quickly. The people who correct him, challenge him and question him are actually doing him a big favour.

11 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Where are BuaBS and BoonMee today? They would usually have had more than one post by now defending their illustrious idol. What excuses would they would cook up this time??

UncleTouchyFingers  has it under control .

No need to answer all you guys with TDS.

I wonder when/if the liberal/democrats are going to get over the last election and do something positive for the country instead of trying to bring Trump into disrepute. They should be more worried about the previous administration and what was going on with all of them. Both of the clintons should be in jail and the key thrown away.!!!

47 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Cohen's not nearly as dumb as he looks. Would you not want tapes of everything you discussed with a character like Trump. 

Maybe the other tapes discuss more important subjects than a hooker or an extramarital affair with a Playboy gal.

Below ....... From today's news stories.

"Trump's comments during a joint press conference with Putin on Monday alarmed lawmakers, leading some to wonder about the president's possible financial ties to Russia."

And .... "Lawyers for Trump said in a March 2017 letter that "with a few exceptions," Trump's tax returns from the previous 10 years didn't reflect income from Russian sources, debt owed to Russian lenders or investments in Russian entities"

I suspect that if there are "pee pee" tapes, they aren't anywhere near as incriminating as Trump/Russian financial matters.

15 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

I wonder when/if the liberal/democrats are going to get over the last election and do something positive for the country instead of trying to bring Trump into disrepute. They should be more worried about the previous administration and what was going on with all of them. Both of the clintons should be in jail and the key thrown away.!!!

Not a chance. This is at the root of the problem. Just like the previous three administrations, a culture of compromise = failure permeates.  So, just as people hated and undermined even when inappropriate Obama, Bush and Clinton, they will do so to Trump for as long as he's in office.  Both parties do it; it's been raised to an art form.

15 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Not a chance. This is at the root of the problem. Just like the previous three administrations, a culture of compromise = failure permeates.  So, just as people hated and undermined even when inappropriate Obama, Bush and Clinton, they will do so to Trump for as long as he's in office.  Both parties do it; it's been raised to an art form.

We're talking about Donald Trump, the guy who became the leader of the Birther movement.

f you thought birtherism was over, you thought wrong.

Survey results released by YouGov Friday show that 51 percent of Republicans said they think former President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, compared to just 14 percent of Democrats. Perhaps unsurprisingly, respondents who voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 election were especially convinced of Obama's African origins: Fully 57 percent said it was "definitely true" or "probably true" that the 44th president came from Kenya.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-birther-obama-poll-republicans-kenya-744195

26 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

I wonder when/if the liberal/democrats are going to get over the last election

We're over it.

It's Trump who drones on endlessly about the election, he even referenced 306 Electoral votes in the Putin presser.

15 hours ago, JulesMad said:

It definitely says something about the intelligence of 'white evangelicals' and other american village idiots.... And it is scary how many of these idiots there are in america...

The result of gorging on reality TV and Fox News, for 30 years nonstop. It has lowered the already average intelligence of the typical American. That combined with little exposure to the outside world, and nearly non existent exposure to world history. America is less great by the day. I do not even recognize my country anymore. It is a pale shadow of what it used to be, and I am not referring to the ridiculously over rated 1950's.

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The result of gorging on reality TV and Fox News, for 30 years nonstop. It has lowered the already average intelligence of the typical American. That combined with little exposure to the outside world, and nearly non existent exposure to world history. America is less great by the day. I do not even recognize my country anymore. It is a pale shadow of what it used to be, and I am not referring to the ridiculously over rated 1950's.

Example, 2 older americans, arrive at Hong Kong airport walk to the obvious immigration line, well signed, and ask the immigration staff member supervising the fast moving queue 'where's the line for US citizens', lady points to the line, American man says 'where's the US gov't representative', Imm. lady again points to the line and explains in clear English please join the line any you will quickly get to an immigration desk to get your passport stamped. American man asks 'there's no special line for US citizens?' Meanwhile many other passengers already in the fast moving line can hear all of this and are giggling and two jokingly ask the imm. lady 'excuse me miss where's the special line for Italian / ........ citizens?'

Seen similar to above at Shanghai airport, and on arrival in Sydney Australia, sniffer dog detected meat in a suitcase. Owner from the US, loudly insists' I'm an American citizen you can't tell Americans what they can carry in their baggage'. 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Example, 2 older americans, arrive at Hong Kong airport walk to the obvious immigration line, well signed, and ask the immigration staff member supervising the fast moving queue 'where's the line for US citizens', lady points to the line, American man says 'where's the US gov't representative', Imm. lady again points to the line and explains in clear English please join the line any you will quickly get to an immigration desk to get your passport stamped. American man asks 'there's no special line for US citizens?'

Seen similar to above at Shanghai airport, and on arrival in Sydney Australia, sniffer dog detected meat in a suitcase. Owner from the US, loudly insistes' I'm an American citizen you can't tell Americans what they can carry in their baggage'. 

Funny. Americans can be very clueless. They have been fed a constant daily diet of lines about American superiority. No question that America was an impressive nation for a long time. No longer. Sorry. The country has been in a constant state of decline for decades now. And I am not referring to immigration. I think the color of the nation is the best part of America, these days. I find most white people to be boring beyond tears. And I am a white male. But, most white people bring so little to the table. I am talking about the culture, the degree to which the nation has become less relevant, and the accelerated decline of the nation since Tiny Don took over. Making America less great again, by the day. 

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Example, 2 older americans, arrive at Hong Kong airport walk to the obvious immigration line, well signed, and ask the immigration staff member supervising the fast moving queue 'where's the line for US citizens', lady points to the line, American man says 'where's the US gov't representative', Imm. lady again points to the line and explains in clear English please join the line any you will quickly get to an immigration desk to get your passport stamped. American man asks 'there's no special line for US citizens?' Meanwhile many other passengers already in the fast moving line can hear all of this and are giggling and two jokingly ask the imm. lady 'excuse me miss where's the special line for Italian / ........ citizens?'

Seen similar to above at Shanghai airport, and on arrival in Sydney Australia, sniffer dog detected meat in a suitcase. Owner from the US, loudly insists' I'm an American citizen you can't tell Americans what they can carry in their baggage'. 

Delays clearing goods will get even more onerous once Trump invokes the "up to" 500 billion of tariffs that he is threatening to retaliate with. Let the games begin !

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Funny. Americans can be very clueless. They have been fed a constant daily diet of lines about American superiority. No question that America was an impressive nation for a long time. No longer. Sorry. The country has been in a constant state of decline for decades now. And I am not referring to immigration. I think the color of the nation is the best part of America, these days. I find most white people to be boring beyond tears. And I am a white male. But, most white people bring so little to the table. I am talking about the culture, the degree to which the nation has become less relevant, and the accelerated decline of the nation since Tiny Don took over. Making America less great again, by the day. 

I took a team of Thai MBA students from a so called prestigious Thai university to an international invited one week business case competition at a uni. in Texas. Thirty invited universities from USA and the world. 

Five hundred people at the final dinner, then the announcements of the winners of the competition, in order:

- First place - Uni from China, then

- Two uni's from Singapore

- Uni from Brazil

- Uni from France

- Then 2 US unis.

A professor from the host uni in Texas was sitting at my table. As soon as the announcements were made he jumped up grabbed the microphone on the table and yelled 'I cannot accept that US universities didn't get at least the first 3 places, and I cannot accept that the winners are all from 3rd world countries, then he stormed out.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I took a team of Thai MBA students from a so called prestigious Thai university to an international invited one week business case competition at a uni. in Texas. Thirty invited universities from USA and the world. 

Five hundred people at the final dinner, then the announcements of the winners of the compeition:

- Uni from China

- Two uni's from Singapore

- Uni from Brazil

- Uni from France

- Then 2 US unis.

A professor from the host uni in Texas was sitting at my table. As soon as the announcements were made he jumped up grabbed the microphone on the table and yelled 'I cannot accept that US universities didn't get at least the first 3 places, and I cannot accept that the winners are all from 3rd world countries, then he stormed out.

God Bless America.

"The Greatest Country in the World" (in direct reference to the above post)

Archived