Trump denies wrongdoing, says lawyer's tape 'perhaps illegal'

rooster59

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I took a team of Thai MBA students from a so called prestigious Thai university to an international invited one week business case competition at a uni. in Texas. Thirty invited universities from USA and the world. 

Five hundred people at the final dinner, then the announcements of the winners of the competition, in order:

- First place - Uni from China, then

- Two uni's from Singapore

- Uni from Brazil

- Uni from France

- Then 2 US unis.

A professor from the host uni in Texas was sitting at my table. As soon as the announcements were made he jumped up grabbed the microphone on the table and yelled 'I cannot accept that US universities didn't get at least the first 3 places, and I cannot accept that the winners are all from 3rd world countries, then he stormed out.

For a long time now, the US has been ranked around 40th place, in math and science, worldwide. The best and the brightest come from all over the world to study at top universities in the US. When they graduate at the top of their class, they cannot get a visa to work in the US, because of the broken immigration system, that uses a decades old quota system that has not been revised due to an incompetent congress and senate, and one president after another without enough will or influence to get it done. Talking about illegal immigration, when you refuse to address legal immigration is the height of ignorance and hubris. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Cohen's not nearly as dumb as he looks. Would you not want tapes of everything you discussed with a character like Trump. 

Who of them havent done so? J. Edgar Hoover is one of the first and most powerful americans who ever lived. 

3 minutes ago, moutamine said:

When his presidency is over, he will write a book entitled: How I destroyed and ruined the USofA.

I'm not a fan of The Donald.  I have never been a fan.  But history is full of examples of very effective leaders who were despicable as human beings.  Churchill comes to mind immediately.  Rather than focus on intangibles like moral character, honesty and all around likability, I'm going to judge his presidency based on tangibles like jobs, security, trade balance, reduction of inequality, etc.    That's not to say I'm impressed at all so far.  I'm not.  But he's got a long stint left and the jury is still out, and will be for a while yet. 

Unless, of course, you're a Dem who simply wants to discredit your opponents instead of actually accomplishing anything positive (which is surprising because that's what gave the Repubs Trump in the first place...).  Or an old line Repub who wants him gone so they can get back to the spoils system where presidential candidates are selected in back rooms based on patronage and years of sucking up to the party elders.  Or a media that can't seem to stop shooting themselves in the butt with reporting that gets more one sided and less credible every day that goes by- with the ratings prove it.

Putin's poodle lacks any credibility at all. Whatever that comes out of his mouth and his tweets is basically noise. The adults in the U.S. government totally get that by now and so do foreign leaders. They have to dance between the total INSANITY of the orange clown and the remains of a more responsible government. The longer "trump" remains in power, the more damage to any semblance of normality and respect for facts, science, and truth. 

7 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Not only is he a stable genius he is also a closet lawyer, New York is a one party consent state for recording phone conversations, so the 'perhaps illegal" doesn't fly

Agreed but Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about the credibility of his blathering. Once credibility has reached zero ....... !

But he certainly should know a bit about litigious matters. First hand experience is a great way to learn; he is very experienced.

Without reading through 6 pages of comments on the Cohen tape and risk being repetitive, I would add that Trump's attorneys have withdrawn their privilege designation on all 12 tapes. They had been under review by the Special Master.

"Based on upon those de-designations, the special master released the 12 items to the government"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/23/politics/cohen-trump-audio-recordings/index.html

The term "Head on a silver platter" comes to mind.

21 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Without reading through 6 pages of comments on the Cohen tape and risk being repetitive, I would add that Trump's attorneys have withdrawn their privilege designation on all 12 tapes. They had been under review by the Special Master.

"Based on upon those de-designations, the special master released the 12 items to the government"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/23/politics/cohen-trump-audio-recordings/index.html

The term "Head on a silver platter" comes to mind.

Almost certainly trying to pull the rug from under any attempts by Cohen to cut a plea deal.

Which would suggest that while the tapes are bad news for Trump, what Cohen knows and may have taped is much worse.

My guess, the 12 tapes relate to sexual indiscretions of the kind Trump has tossed to the press for years.

Liberals, don’t get distracted.

Illiberals, get your denial glasses on, the truth will (despite Trump’s best efforts) out!

This can't be good, for Trump....

The Trump Organization executive who knows all about the business has been subpoenaed

Federal investigators are getting closer to the heart of the Trump Organization: the chief financial officer has been subpoenaed to testify, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization finance chief, was name-dropped on the September 2016 secretly recorded tape in which Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former lawyer, discusses a payoff to former Playboy model Karen McDougal. At one hard-to-decipher point in the tape, Cohen can be heard telling Trump that he’s “spoken to Allen Weisselberg about how to set the whole thing up with …”

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/26/17619388/trump-organization-cohen-tape-allen-weisselberg-federal-investigation

‘I’m not going to be a punching bag anymore’: Inside Michael Cohen’s break with Trump

Inside the White House, Trump raged about the release of his and Cohen’s September 2016 conversation about financing the deal with McDougal, a former Playboy model, to sell the rights to her story of an alleged 10-month affair with Trump to American Media Inc., the owner of the National Enquirer, which never published her account.

The president is angry that his personal attorney was recording him without his knowledge, though he had known before this week that the audio file existed, according to people familiar with his thinking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/im-not-going-to-be-a-punching-bag-anymore-inside-michael-cohens-break-with-trump/2018/07/25/2471797a-9024-11e8-bcd5-9d911c784c38_story.html?utm_term=.448022362989

It is generally accepted that the Trump/Guiliani team leaked the tape. Now they're saying someone "messed with it". Not a bad strategy, for a criminal.

Can't wait to see Rudy's performance on the Sunday talkies.

Giuliani says experts think 'someone messed' with Cohen tape

President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani tells Fox News two experts and retired FBI agents have analyzed the secretly recorded Trump-Cohen tape and believe it was “played” with.

“Now that we’ve seen the full scope of [Michael] Cohen and Lanny Davis’ deception, we don’t trust anything,” Giuliani said.

The tape, first obtained by CNN, was secretly recorded by the president’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/28/giuliani-says-experts-think-someone-messed-with-cohen-tape.html

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It is generally accepted that the Trump/Guiliani team leaked the tape. Now they're saying someone "messed with it". Not a bad strategy, for a criminal.

President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani tells Fox News two experts and retired FBI agents have analyzed the secretly recorded Trump-Cohen tape and believe it was “played” with.

“Now that we’ve seen the full scope of [Michael] Cohen and Lanny Davis’ deception, we don’t trust anything,” Giuliani said.

The tape, first obtained by CNN, was secretly recorded by the president’s former attorney, Michael Cohen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/28/giuliani-says-experts-think-someone-messed-with-cohen-tape.html

Rudy should have quit when he was at the top of his game after 911. Now he's just making a fool of himself.

The day will come when Trump has had enough of him, then like all the others, he'll turn against Trump, publish a book and finally ride off into the sun set.

When the Trump era ends, libraries will be full of "tell all" books.

26 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Since the tapes were ceased in an unannounced raid, that would imply that Cohen doctored the tapes well in advance of the search warrant.   That seems like a stretch.

18 minutes ago, Credo said:

Since the tapes were ceased in an unannounced raid, that would imply that Cohen doctored the tapes well in advance of the search warrant.   That seems like a stretch.

Now you're bringing logic into the discussion but the man-child and his followers just don't do logic or facts for that matter.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:19 AM, mtls2005 said:

Now that we’ve seen the full scope of [Michael] Cohen and Lanny Davis’ deception, we don’t trust anything,” Giuliani said.

Giuliani is a lying lawyer who’s lying about Trump’s *other* lying lawyer’s lies.

9 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Cohen is an absolute disgrace.

What does this say about the man who paid his salary for the last ~ 10 years?

Are you suggesting that tRUmp didn't know Cohen recorded conversations in tRUmp's behalf? 

Even tRUmp has admitted to recording conversations during his fabulous business career.

"There may be tapes."

"Scumbag see, scumbag do."

Trump has a long history of secretly recording calls, according to former associates

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-has-a-long-history-of-secretly-recording-calls-according-to-former-associates/2017/05/12/b302b038-372d-11e7-b412-62beef8121f7_story.html?utm_term=.00b4f0e14faa

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What does this say about the man who paid his salary for the last ~ 10 years?

Are you suggesting that tRUmp didn't know Cohen recorded conversations in tRUmp's behalf? 

Even tRUmp has admitted to recording conversations during his fabulous business career.

"There may be tapes."

"Scumbag see, scumbag do."

Trump has a long history of secretly recording calls, according to former associates

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-has-a-long-history-of-secretly-recording-calls-according-to-former-associates/2017/05/12/b302b038-372d-11e7-b412-62beef8121f7_story.html?utm_term=.00b4f0e14faa

If Trump has presented secret recordings then he is a disgrace too. Agreed, Has he presented any? I'm not sure. 

29 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Besides starting to think even if Trump is good or bad.  Cohen is an absolute disgrace. Recording someone secretly.  That's a low act. Hey, but I'd do it too.

I agree that Cohen is a moral disgrace. Why do you think Trump used his services?

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Besides starting to think even if Trump is good or bad.  Cohen is an absolute disgrace. Recording someone secretly.  That's a low act. Hey, but I'd do it too.

How does one even ponder the possibility that Trump is good? He was the one who hired both Cohen and Manafort. Does a man never have to take responsibilities for his actions?

Has there ever been a "good man" who:

was involved in 3,600 lawsuits.

dodged the draft five times.

bankrupted five companies, leaving behind billions of dollars in debt, some of which he used to enrich himself. 

cheated thousands of small contractors out of billions of dollars, resulting in many of these common men and women losing their  businesses and homes.

fired his driver of 25 years, after getting a secret service driver, and failing to pay him for 3,000 hours of overtime.

was being quoted as saying if he sees a stranger who is beautiful, he always wants to put his tongue in her mouth, and grab her by the pussy, and she is ok with that because he is rich and famous. 

throws his own nation under the bus, in order to appear to be nice to Putin, who he is obviously beholden to.

separates thousands of parents from their children with an abusive immigration policy.

Cohen knew who trump was. He knew he was deceitful, had no loyalty, and would discard him if it became convenient. I greatly admire him for recording those conversations. That was smart. Clever. A lot more clever than the charlatan was.

A good man? Who are we kidding here?

Some off-topic posts have been removed.   This is really about the Trump-Cohen legal situation.   It's not about the general performance of the President.   There are plenty of topics for that.

Archived