Skeletal remains found in Pai jungle - believed to be Aussie missing since May

webfact

3 minutes ago, TomJoad said:

I (and about 100 other people) watched the police pull body parts out of Klong San Saep yesterday (Sunday, July 22) in Bangkapi about 200 meters north of the mall Bangkapi.  Nothing about it I can find on Thai Visa.  Just wondering why some things get reported while other don't.    

You would have found it in the Bangkok News section:

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

You wouldn't believe half of it.

Although up till now I haven't died in strange circumstances.

???

Have you studied cats eating corpses. You are weird.....domestic cats will not do that if they are fed and know their owners. I had a cat for 17 years who moved with me many times and you say she would eat me. What's next your lover would eat you if they were locked in a room for long enough with no food......you cat scenario is unfounded.

45 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Have you studied cats eating corpses. You are weird.....domestic cats will not do that if they are fed and know their owners. I had a cat for 17 years who moved with me many times and you say she would eat me. What's next your lover would eat you if they were locked in a room for long enough with no food......you cat scenario is unfounded.

You obviously live in some other universe where everything is sweet and rosy and people poo little pink sweeties.

It's been well documented that pets, dogs and cats, have eaten parts of owners after death when they have no way of getting out out of the home where their owner has died.

I don't and never have made a study of it, why would I?

Can't understand, really, why you would term me a sicko.

Dogs, all dogs are descended from wolves, cats are a small version of lions and tigers etc.

It's nature and they will take the easy way to survive by eating whatever is easiest and the least threatening to their safety and survival.

Your rather extreme reaction reminds me of people who wrote to the BBC televion service stating that something should be done in Africa to stop lions eating  young buffalo and other offspring from deer and antelope etc. 

Just like humans, dogs and cats have a veneer of civilisation that is sometimes very easily stripped off revealing the real animal underneath.

Being aware of what happens in nature is a lot different from glorifying it as your posts suggest I do.

I would suggest you accept the facts rather than state you love your cats and they love you and would never eat parts of you if you were dead.

When they are hungry enough nature dictates they will.

Just a further post to some who believe their pets wouldn't eat their dead body.

Anyone remember the well documented and true story of the South American football or rugby team that crashed in the Andes mountains?

If humans will do it to survive why wouldn't local wild animals or your pets eat you to survive.

First off hope the man died in peace.. and RIP

?ROFLOL.   I guess cat owners will be looking at their pets a bit different tonight.  Just so funny.   ? The guy thinks since his cat has endured several moves with him the cat will starve before taking a bite.  Lol

I don't think I've laughed this hard in 5 years heh heh

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

You obviously live in some other universe where everything is sweet and rosy and people poo little pink sweeties.

It's been well documented that pets, dogs and cats, have eaten parts of owners after death when they have no way of getting out out of the home where their owner has died.

I don't and never have made a study of it, why would I?

Can't understand, really, why you would term me a sicko.

Dogs, all dogs are descended from wolves, cats are a small version of lions and tigers etc.

It's nature and they will take the easy way to survive by eating whatever is easiest and the least threatening to their safety and survival.

Your rather extreme reaction reminds me of people who wrote to the BBC televion service stating that something should be done in Africa to stop lions eating  young buffalo and other offspring from deer and antelope etc. 

Just like humans, dogs and cats have a veneer of civilisation that is sometimes very easily stripped off revealing the real animal underneath.

Being aware of what happens in nature is a lot different from glorifying it as your posts suggest I do.

I would suggest you accept the facts rather than state you love your cats and they love you and would never eat parts of you if you were dead.

When they are hungry enough nature dictates they will.

After sweet I could not read anymore.

15 hours ago, bsdthai said:

i just cant picture a 63yr old guy wondering around in the jungle. Their wouldnt be too many scavanging old aussies doing so surely. I dont have high hopes for a proper investigation but fingers crossed..

RIP

Why not? Lots of 60 year olds lead active lives, hiking, hunting, diving, mountain climbing, etc. 

It's perfectly plausible, assuming of course that the deceased was an active person by nature. 

15 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Jungles here are like stewing pots with all the insects and other larger scavengers that are about. Humidity in there will also help with the decomposing process.

have seen many time lapse videos of corpses of various mammals left in woods and forests.  Scavengers take a big chunk, then after a week or two weeks at most the fly larva hatch and those maggots really go to work.  The original article mentioned accident or suicide.  It could also simply be medical which I don't consider an accident.  The man may have been on medication, got lost, dehydrated, disoriented, had a stroke, seizure, heart attack, etc.

8 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Adam, the below happened two weeks ago. Considering dogs have been modified just as much as cats by us, cats retain more of their primal instincts than dogs.

You might want to rethink what your little pussy might do in a similar situation. Call of the wild if you like.........................:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

have seen many time lapse videos of corpses of various mammals left in woods and forests.  Scavengers take a big chunk, then after a week or two weeks at most the fly larva hatch and those maggots really go to work.  The original article mentioned accident or suicide.  It could also simply be medical which I don't consider an accident.  The man may have been on medication, got lost, dehydrated, disoriented, had a stroke, seizure, heart attack, etc.

The FBI in the states have what I think is called the body farm.

You can donate your body for research and along with all the other bodies your corpse is left out, on the surface, partially buried, in shadow or direct sunlight etc and studied throught decomposition.

All the data collected used in forensics for time of death etc in cases of murder and whatever.

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

What an utterly stupid remark. What has it to do with CSI and investigation? I was just surprised over that it looked like they took the murder out of the equation without really knowing anything.
You want to continue with these stupid remarks, go on and bug somebody else.

Calmness and meticulousness will solve your murder case, not anger and insults.

:coffee1:

7 hours ago, djayz said:

Why not? Lots of 60 year olds lead active lives, hiking, hunting, diving, mountain climbing, etc. 

It's perfectly plausible, assuming of course that the deceased was an active person by nature. 

Yeh, im not really emphsizing the age soley but this guy is found in the deep jungle. not on a path and is of age without someone else to be hiking with as an example is suspicious to say the least. Im 40 and fit and live backing on to jungle. i dont go in there without a reason, dogs and weapons to protect myself. anything less would be stupid. these places are usually for illegal loggers, mushroom pickers, officials to encroach on and drug addicts. Aint paradise!

On 7/23/2018 at 7:50 AM, webfact said:

Nearby hanging on a tree they found a black shoulder bag with the passport of Philip Keith Watson.

That would have some significance .

He took his bag off, hung it on a tree and walked away and died .

If he was attacked , he would have taken his bag off and hung it in a tree .

If he intended to commit suicide , he probably would have check-out from his GH first .

Could have been anything : Snake bite , dehydration ......or anything at all really

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Just a further post to some who believe their pets wouldn't eat their dead body.

Anyone remember the well documented and true story of the South American football or rugby team that crashed in the Andes mountains?

If humans will do it to survive why wouldn't local wild animals or your pets eat you to survive.

i remember reading that. They ate their dead friends. Well, it was either that or face airling food!!

8 hours ago, djayz said:

The cave drivers recently are a good example. 

10 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Adam, the below happened two weeks ago. Considering dogs have been modified just as much as cats by us, cats retain more of their primal instincts than dogs.

You might want to rethink what your little pussy might do in a similar situation. Call of the wild if you like.........................:thumbsup:

I said if they are fed........please read before being a keyboard warrior.

3 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Yeh, im not really emphsizing the age soley but this guy is found in the deep jungle. not on a path and is of age without someone else to be hiking with as an example is suspicious to say the least. Im 40 and fit and live backing on to jungle. i dont go in there without a reason, dogs and weapons to protect myself. anything less would be stupid. these places are usually for illegal loggers, mushroom pickers, officials to encroach on and drug addicts. Aint paradise!

LOL, I often go hiking or mountain biking alone in the hills.  it's the drive to get to the trail head i worry about ?

16 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

I said if they are fed........please read before being a keyboard warrior.

A difficult exercise to feed your pet once you've dropped of the perch in front of it or do you have a system in place where someone has been instructed to ignore your dead body and just feed the pet?

Just make sure you've got your pants on when you go ?? imagine the scene. ??

4 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Calmness and meticulousness will solve your murder case, not anger and insults.

:coffee1:

Again?? my murder case??? Really, you do not have anything else to do than make up stories? Must be a boring life. Get a hobby.

16 hours ago, djayz said:

I agree , not all of us are fat and unhealthy sitting on the bar stool all day . 

I hope to be able to run 10k when I'm 70 . 

Archived