Back to jail : Pattaya "sex" teachers ordered held as they continue fight

webfact

Back to jail : Pattaya "sex" teachers ordered held as they continue fight

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

The Russians at the center of a course that taught sex techniques have been ordered held by the Pattaya court.

Eight of the ten involved in offering the course back in February appeared in court at the end of last week.

Asked if they admitted their crimes they all denied it. And said they had instructed lawyers to fight their cases.

They were then taken back to jail to await their day in court.

One person is charged with overstay, three with illegal entry and all with working without a work permit.

They were arrested on February 26th in a Pattaya Sai 2 Road hotel where they were allegedly offering a course on sex techniques to 43 Russians who had paid 20,000 baht a head.

1532012129441.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

The group were led by "Alex Leslie", 35, and "Nastya Rubka". The latter tried to trade her freedom for information about meddling in the US elections claiming she had connections with Russian oligarchs.

The location of the ringleaders was not mentioned in the TNA story from Thursday. 

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What, exactly, did they do wrong?  why don't the hypocrites go arrest all the girls in soi 6?  (they are probably better sex teachers anyway).  Pathetic, let them go.

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

One person is charged with overstay, three with illegal entry and all with working without a work permit.

Soi 6 slappers don't need WP's.

Once again, the Thai judicial system shows the massive gaps between good and bad justice. It may take these folks a year or more before the trial is heard and the judgments given. This is far longer than any subsequent prison sentence that the crimes they are charged with would receive. And at the end of it, guilty or not guilty, they are all going to be deported. Not quite sure how this is supposed to represent justice?

15 minutes ago, Canuckabroad said:

I’ve heard that foreigners are always found guilty once they’ve been arrested.  So what’s the point in disputing the charges?  Why not just plead guilty and get it over with.

Incorrect. While a goodly number of clearly innocent people do get found guilty and sent to jail, it is actually not universal. I have seen many trials where the correct verdict has been reached, but only when the person has a very competent lawyer, and sadly, there are not very many of them around. I have also seen many guilty walk free for the same reason, a really good lawyer. It is when you dont have one, that you are in trouble and many people just can't afford it. I have seen many innocent people plead guilty, because they accept without a lawyer they can't win, and opt for a lower sentence, or because they know doing so will see them get out faster than contesting it, given the time it can take to come to court.

I have said it before and will say it again. The judicial system here is somewhere between a lottery and a very bad joke.

50 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Maybe but they are still working illegally was my point. I can see the WP point but jail???  that's total OTT and hypocrisy 

OK, try this. The Soi 6 slappers, albeit working in an illegal profession, are Thai.

Agreed that the Russians are being detained overly long in the local slammer at Nongplalai but with their two leading co-conspirators totally MIA, maybe they're being detained 'because they can'.

1 hour ago, Darcula said:

I'm guessing her debriefing over those oligarch connections is not yet finished.

7719-putin-i-de-trump-i-da-yakacak-5a967db9d8272.jpg.0d6eb86f3d143ed60c934a0607471b38.jpg

She looks as if she is already 'debriefed' in that picture....................:smile:

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Incorrect. While a goodly number of clearly innocent people do get found guilty and sent to jail, it is actually not universal. I have seen many trials where the correct verdict has been reached, but only when the person has a very competent lawyer, and sadly, there are not very many of them around. I have also seen many guilty walk free for the same reason, a really good lawyer. It is when you dont have one, that you are in trouble and many people just can't afford it. I have seen many innocent people plead guilty, because they accept without a lawyer they can't win, and opt for a lower sentence, or because they know doing so will see them get out faster than contesting it, given the time it can take to come to court.

I have said it before and will say it again. The judicial system here is somewhere between a lottery and a very bad joke.

Rather like the UK and USA.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Is it common for foreigners to be held in custody when facing charges of working without a permit?  What does it take to get bail - just money or also a Thai to act as surety?

I can understand there is a policy to hold overstays and illegal entries until deportation, but to hold someone for working without a permit seems excessive. Especially when it’s something like running a seminar.

The tart should of kept her mouth shut.they would be free and back home.the Thais seem to think they are holding some sort of international spy.maybe the influence of the us or Russia have come into play and want her silenced in a nice cozy Thai jail for 5-10 yrs.apart from being thin I think she's horrible.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

The tart should of kept her mouth shut.they would be free and back home.the Thais seem to think they are holding some sort of international spy.maybe the influence of the us or Russia have come into play and want her silenced in a nice cozy Thai jail for 5-10 yrs.apart from being thin I think she's horrible.

You think she is horrible !! Bet you wouldnt kick her out of bed for breaking wind.:cheesy:?:cheesy:

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

What, exactly, did they do wrong?  why don't the hypocrites go arrest all the girls in soi 6?  (they are probably better sex teachers anyway).  Pathetic, let them go.

Over stay, illegal entry, and working without WP's. 

It's in the OP. 

You can get a nosh down soi/6 for a 1000 barts .. Those russians must be  there for the taking if they were paying 20,000 a head ..

5 hours ago, webfact said:

where they were allegedly offering a course on sex techniques to 43 Russians who had paid 20,000 baht a head. 

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Once again, the Thai judicial system shows the massive gaps between good and bad justice. It may take these folks a year or more before the trial is heard and the judgments given. This is far longer than any subsequent prison sentence that the crimes they are charged with would receive. And at the end of it, guilty or not guilty, they are all going to be deported. Not quite sure how this is supposed to represent justice?

The wai & bailout service is available for locals only. Got it?

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

They were overcharging. The average rate is about 1,500 Baht long time, they were charging 20,000 for a 2-hour quickie.

3 hours ago, Canuckabroad said:

Is it common for foreigners to be held in custody when facing charges of working without a permit?  What does it take to get bail - just money or also a Thai to act as surety?

I can understand there is a policy to hold overstays and illegal entries until deportation, but to hold someone for working without a permit seems excessive. Especially when it’s something like running a seminar.

In the meantime the piece of <deleted> who burnt his ex-girlfriend and threatened to do the same to another is out on bail as easy as pie. 

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The timeline of the case seems to be depending on  the time needed to make the money earned on the illegal activity to change hands prior to be deported - some for the thai lawyers and some for government through different fees...

Visitting Thailand long or short term are all about to spend and not about to earn for other than the Thais...:coffee1:

3 hours ago, Canuckabroad said:

Perhaps there's more to this story.

It's already know that one lady tried to get some extra attention be claiming links to Russian politicians. 

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

While a rapist teacher is out on bail...

4 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Any resident here could have told them this is waaaaaay overpriced.

Anyway, far cheaper than a marriage…:whistling:

Archived