BANGKOK 16 February 2019 09:24
webfact

Back to jail : Pattaya "sex" teachers ordered held as they continue fight

4 minutes ago, maximillian said:

While a rapist teacher is out on bail…

No Money involved in this case...:whistling:

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

One person is charged with overstay, three with illegal entry and all with working without a work permit.

Soi 6 slappers don't need WP's.

Doesn't section 4 of the new work permit provide that no work permit is required for "persons entering [Thailand] from time to time to organize or participate in conferences, give advice, lectures, or demonstrations at meetings, training sessions, company visits or seminars or participate in artistic or cultural exhibitions..."?   They were participating in a conference where they gave advice, demonstrations  and training sessions.  Don't need a work permit for that? This was also certainly an artistic or cultural exhibit. Don't need a work permit for that either.  So why are there work permit charges??

Edited by Horace
A few typos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horace said:

Doesn't section 4 of the new work permit provide that no work permit is required for "persons entering [Thailand] from time to time to organize or participate in conferences, give advice, lectures, or demonstrations at meeting, training sessions, company visits or seminars or artistic or cultural exhibitions...",   They were participating in a conference where they gave advice, demonstrations and training sessions.  Don't need a work permit for that? This was also certainly an artistic or cultural exhibit. Don't need a work permit for that either.

Yes, BUT they were arrested for breaking the old Law and will not benefit from a change that applies later...

OK, try this. The Soi 6 slappers, albeit working in an illegal profession, are Thai.

Agreed that the Russians are being detained overly long in the local slammer at Nongplalai but with their two leading co-conspirators totally MIA, maybe they're being detained 'because they can'.
Since when has working in a soi 6 bar been illegal??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think there are quite a few TV members who would love to debrief her.?:shock1::cheesy:

Or even get a Nasty Rub from her.

• Haha 2

my opinion is, guilty or not,if you deny guilt because you are not guilty,then they will not let you go free on bail,because its back to the old b-----hit,dont want to admit defeat and so loss of face,all about MONEY ONLY.As its already been said what about all the other sluts on the game as prostitutes,no permits,and no morals and no charges.Better to wear a different watch each day out, worth Millions,but OH I forgot you need to have a rich friend,and he needs to be dead.Or drive a ferrari.

• Like 1

Two reasons to keep them lock .
1. To scare others away from doing similar things.
2. They must have money somewhere...

Basically, Thai people seem to have a great pain in the a**

if a foreigner makes some money in here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Over stay, illegal entry, and working without WP's. 

It's in the OP. 

Yes I know but it hardly deserves JAIL it deserves deportation (is my point) 

• Like 2

And the scumbag that doused that woman with gasoline and set her alight the other day in a restaurant gets bail straight away. Don't think they realise how stupid they look. Good job the foreigners weren't picking mushrooms.

• Like 2

why open sex lesson schools and attend such classes in the first place ? ...with all those fine institutions in Pattaya or Bangkok,  employing highly talented, attractive and young, teachers, eager to give theoritical and practical crash courses on the topic !!...

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Yes, BUT they were arrested for breaking the old Law and will not benefit from a change that applies later...

I thought the law changed in April?  I couldn't make their training session because of a scheduling conflict? so I am not sure when they had the training session that got them arrested.

• Like 1

It does look as if these hookers are in a much bigger mess than necessary because of the one who claimed to have intimate knowledge of the election meddling and because they chose to fight their cases in court.  They are charged with non-serious crimes for which even foreigners normally get bail and which are normally tried swiftly by the courts, if the defendants plead guilty.  The Thais probably got the idea that they might be able to sell them to the US or Russia and decided to hold them as long as possible which the women have made easy for them by not pleading guilty to the minor offenses, leaving Thailand and moving on to the next international hooking venue. 

Edited by Dogmatix

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

While a rapist teacher is out on bail...

TIT = having your priorities wrong!

More kudos in detaining 'farang' rather than protecting your own citizen's children. Totally irresponsible Thai authority. :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canuckabroad said:

Especially when it’s something like running a seminar.

The operative word here is "sex" seminar.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Once again, the Thai judicial system shows the massive gaps between good and bad justice. It may take these folks a year or more before the trial is heard and the judgments given. This is far longer than any subsequent prison sentence that the crimes they are charged with would receive. And at the end of it, guilty or not guilty, they are all going to be deported. Not quite sure how this is supposed to represent justice?

While you may be correct my suspicion is they know that and have chosen to stay in a Thailand jail. Maybe they fear something more than a Thai jail.  Otherwise they would plea, pay and go back to Russia.