"Italian" chef arrested for arson in Hua Hin

webfact

"Italian" chef arrested for arson in Hua Hin

8pm.jpg

Reports are coming in of an arrest of an apparent Italian chef wanted for arson in Hua Hin.

Police presented a warrant Sunday according to local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn who said the alleged crime took place five days ago.

Kulsawek, usually a reliable source, said on Facebook that the unnamed chef came from the "Land of Macaroni".

More about this as we hear of it.

Source: Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-23

I just read a report where the Calabrian mafia hold ten percent of Thailand's national debt,wonder if he's connected.

"Their gun-running business directly affected the destiny of nations: Franco Roberti, head of Italy’s anti-mafia directorate, told me the ’Ndrangheta was selling weapons to several sides in Syria’s civil war. But it was laundering their riches and those of other crime groups from around the world, which the Calabrians did for a fee, that made the ’Ndrangheta a global power. Millions of people worked in their companies, shopped in their stores, ate in their restaurants, lived in their buildings and elected politicians they funded. Giuseppe Lombardo, a Calabrian prosecutor specializing in the ’Ndrangheta’s finances, told me that by buying up the government debt of two Asian countries, Thailand and Indonesia, then threatening to dump it, the ’Ndrangheta had blackmailed entire nations into letting it operate on their territory. Their money, said Lombardo, had elevated the group to a position of invulnerability. They now occupied a "fundamental and indispensable position in the global market," he said, one that was "more or less essential for the smooth functioning of the global economic system."

Following the link to Facebook, autotranslate gives the following for the caption on the picture above:

"For the prosperity of the country.The police have been arrested by police.Arson Restaurant 5 days before being investigated by police. Hua Hin Police StationHave you ever beenThe lawsuit (22/07/61)"

Oh if only.

Guest Jerry787

Then he is not Italian!

in italy you don't have macaroni, you got spaghetti, linguini, maccheroni, penne, rigatoni, angel hairs, but not MACARONI.

macaroni is an american slang for maccheroni, so guessing by the post the gentleman "arsonist"  may be american, "land of macaroni and hot dogs " guess if police search his premises more maybe will find a red hat... 

jokes aside, the post shall be more precise

no matter where things are worse, of it things are that bad in Thailand...but how can people and farangs be so stupid to commit a crime and think or expect they can get away ?...

...perhaps some do get away, but is it worth it,  really ?

4 hours ago, heybuz said:

I just read a report where the Calabrian mafia hold ten percent of Thailand's national debt,wonder if he's connected.

"Their gun-running business directly affected the destiny of nations: Franco Roberti, head of Italy’s anti-mafia directorate, told me the ’Ndrangheta was selling weapons to several sides in Syria’s civil war. But it was laundering their riches and those of other crime groups from around the world, which the Calabrians did for a fee, that made the ’Ndrangheta a global power. Millions of people worked in their companies, shopped in their stores, ate in their restaurants, lived in their buildings and elected politicians they funded. Giuseppe Lombardo, a Calabrian prosecutor specializing in the ’Ndrangheta’s finances, told me that by buying up the government debt of two Asian countries, Thailand and Indonesia, then threatening to dump it, the ’Ndrangheta had blackmailed entire nations into letting it operate on their territory. Their money, said Lombardo, had elevated the group to a position of invulnerability. They now occupied a "fundamental and indispensable position in the global market," he said, one that was "more or less essential for the smooth functioning of the global economic system."

And you're gullible enough to read and believe these "reports" ? ?

9 hours ago, chippendale said:

And you're gullible enough to read and believe these "reports" ? ?

From 16/04/2009, Roberti served as Public Prosecutor at the Court of Salerno, and was personally responsible
for coordinating the District Anti-Mafia Directorate. On 25/07/2013, the Consiglio Superiore della Magistratura
(the Italian Superior Council of Magistracy) appointed him National Anti-Mafia Prosecutor for Italy, effective from
06/08/2013
i think he would know more than you.

7 hours ago, heybuz said:
From 16/04/2009, Roberti served as Public Prosecutor at the Court of Salerno, and was personally responsible
for coordinating the District Anti-Mafia Directorate. On 25/07/2013, the Consiglio Superiore della Magistratura
(the Italian Superior Council of Magistracy) appointed him National Anti-Mafia Prosecutor for Italy, effective from
06/08/2013
i think he would know more than you.

The point is that the report you quoted doesn't come from Roberti directly.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, happy chappie said:

The chef was from the land of macaroni.sounds nicer place than the land of thieves,liars,corruption,prostitution and racism.

"sounds nicer place than the land of thieves,liars,corruption,prostitution and racism".

Italy, you mean?

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

The point is that the report you quoted doesn't come from Roberti directly.

5 hours ago, heybuz said:

so its all lies as quoted,glad to be corrected

I didn't say that. I simply pointed out that the guy writing the report (a journalist?) stated "Roberti told me..." "Lombardo told me..." which is not the same as a direct statement from those two as you seemed to imply in your reply to another poster.

This said, I think that the presence of organized crime even in the financial and government aspects of many countries is real. Whether at the scary level of that report here in Thailand, I don't know.

On 7/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, webfact said:

the unnamed chef came from the "Land of Macaroni".

as in "stuck a feather in his hat and called it .... "  ?

"Macaroni (insert vulgarism for excrement here)", that's what the Nazi officer called the Italian prisoner in "Seven Beauties."

On 7/23/2018 at 2:13 PM, heybuz said:

Come on, serioulsy you believe this bunch of bullshits??

On 7/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, jenny2017 said:

Kulsawek, usually a reliable source, said on Facebook that the unnamed chef came from the "Land of Don Corleone". Did anybody see my racehorse? ?

Another racehorseist comment......

Archived