Man jumps to his death from 8/Fl Bangkok Criminal court after seeing the suspect in his son’s murder acquitted

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The national police chief said Tuesday that a murder would be re-investigated after the father of the victim jumped to his death because the lead suspect was cleared of wrongdoing.

Am I reading this correctly?

Because the victim's father has committed suicide, now the case will be re-opened?

So someone has to kill themselves for the BIB to 'claim' they're going to have another look at the investigation?

Arse-about-face for sure, and it seems only to be re-opened due to the bad publicity.

2 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Why the murderer was acquitted is because this family is a "nobody" in this country! Case closed.

Do you disagree with the Courts verdict that there wasnt enough evidence to give a guilty verdict ? 

It seem I get negative comments when I simply said the man needed help by psychiatrists or some good people , suiside is not something you do in any circumstances unless there is a mental issue.  

A family tragedy is what it is , a tragedy , either if someone dies in accident or in this case , being killed in cold blood. 

Was the father offered any kind of assistance before the trial? Could his suicide have been prevented?  

20 hours ago, runforest said:

Your head is filled with farang court nonsense. Poor thai vs thai is what it is ..no buying a verdict here

nobody - especially ppl without any compassion - will escape their own fate which will catch up with them eventually. When their own time comes they will cough up their own garb, bit by bit. Question of time.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, lust said:

Why not serve justice yourself?

yes rather than kill himself he could have served justice by killing the suspect just like charles bronson did in the movie , or got him down a dark alley and said the immortal words , DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK ? WELL DO YOU ? THEN SHOT HIM WITH HIS COLT 45 !!

On 7/23/2018 at 8:35 AM, balo said:

Why kill himself over this , yes the murder was a tragedy , but too many mental cases in Thailand, who needs psychiatric help, was the father offered such help? I doubt it. .  

The mental case here is you for writing that. Not one tiny bit of empathy. Have you never been upset / cried or been depresssed.

Don't ridicule the grieved father. He was convinced that a grave injustice had been committed and was overcome at the injustice. I hope a PROPER investigation is conducted and witness is compelled to appear.  Amazing the CT cameras inoperative.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Thailand really needs to develop Community mental health counseling to help deal with anger and grief issues.  It would be expensive no doubt but MSW and counseling psychology majors could be established at various universities.  

23 hours ago, runforest said:

Typical loss of face nonsense. If the court of public opinion handed out guilty convictions then EVERY one would be guilty. Respect the law and especially a little matter called evidence.

No sympathy for this guy

With this attitude when the grief does eventually come your way then it will be doubly hard to bear.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Do you disagree with the Courts verdict that there wasnt enough evidence to give a guilty verdict ? 

I disagree with it. I know, and I believe you know, that this is Thailand.

Do you think the cctv was out because of coincidence?

As the other guy said, these were nobodies who went up against somebodies and got Thai style justice.  He should have done the other guy before he did himself.

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

yes rather than kill himself he could have served justice by killing the suspect just like charles bronson did in the movie , or got him down a dark alley and said the immortal words , DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK ? WELL DO YOU ? THEN SHOT HIM WITH HIS COLT 45 !!

Wrong actor.

18 minutes ago, car720 said:

I disagree with it. I know, and I believe you know, that this is Thailand.

Do you think the cctv was out because of coincidence?

As the other guy said, these were nobodies who went up against somebodies and got Thai style justice.  He should have done the other guy before he did himself.

I have no idea whether the CCTV was working or not .

Do you know that the CCTV was actually working ? 

In what respect where the two people "somebody" and "nobody "?

Are you basing your opinion on anything factual or is it just the usual run of the mill opinion that some people have about everything  ?

2 hours ago, johnson36 said:

The mental case here is you for writing that. Not one tiny bit of empathy. Have you never been upset / cried or been depresssed.

I think yiu misunderstand and also my English is not my first language , maybe thats why. I have a lot of empathy , but all I am saying his suicide could have been avoided , with a lot of professional help for the realatives. That was my point.   I know what depression is but not a kind of depression that turn me suicidal, even when tragedy struck.

. It's important to discuss these issues 

Imagine a system of one two or three people making a decision based on a court hearing! So opinion comes into deciding the facts! I prefer the way the western world does it ,a jury of peers not judges, who are former lawyers !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

48 minutes ago, balo said:

I think yiu misunderstand and also my English is not my first language , maybe thats why. I have a lot of empathy , but all I am saying his suicide could have been avoided , with a lot of professional help for the realatives. That was my point.   I know what depression is but not a kind of depression that turn me suicidal, even when tragedy struck.

. It's important to discuss these issues 

In your first reply you said you had no sympathy. Now that you’ve been called out for your nasty comment you’re backtracking. The thing is you said it, done deal. Just nasty 

52 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Imagine a system of one two or three people making a decision based on a court hearing! So opinion comes into deciding the facts! I prefer the way the western world does it ,a jury of peers not judges, who are former lawyers !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not 100% true.  Some jurisdictions allow for a judge only trial. 

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

In your first reply you said you had no sympathy.

Really , show me the sentence I said I had no sympathy , I did not mention it at all .  You seem to have a problem to read.  Or maybe you are confused. 

I try not to get personal , but do not accuse me of something I did not say !  With 922 posts you should know better than to lie and attack other members. 

Since you obviously have a problem to read I will post my first post again

"Why kill himself over this , yes the murder was a tragedy , but too many mental cases in Thailand, who needs psychiatric help, was the father offered such help? I doubt it. ."

Bare in mind my English is not my first language , how can you  interpret this that I have no sympathy ???? 

Fact: the Murder was a tragedy , fact :  To many with mental issues in Thailand, Fact :  Was the father offered psychiatric help ?`   And why kill himself over this.  

Did I ever said anything about I have no sympathy ?  No I didnt ! 

Shop owner's CCTV broke down so no video, a key witness didn't show to the trial; payolla and intimidation may need to be part of a farther investigation here.  I am so sorry for this man's family; they have to live with this travesty for the rest of their lives.  May the man and his son rest in peace.....

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

I have no idea whether the CCTV was working or not .

Do you know that the CCTV was actually working ? 

In what respect where the two people "somebody" and "nobody "?

Are you basing your opinion on anything factual or is it just the usual run of the mill opinion that some people have about everything  ?

Come on.  It says in the post that the cctv was not working and that's a fact, not opinion.

If you don't know by now what a somebody and a nobody refers to then you shouldn't be here.

It is very hard to ensure justice in a country where there is such a huge degree of incompetence in every direction.  The police who are supposed to investigate generally do a very poor job of being bothered and often just do nothing.  The lawyers are generally atrocious with a few good ones sprinkled around but good luck finiding one. The judges are often very young and inexperienced and even the more experienced ones work in a shambolic system of justice where there are no recorded transcripts, no jury and the only record of the evidence is what the judge deems fit to record from what is said.  The problem with that is that evidence that might seem inconsequential when first heard may turn to be crucial when the whole story eventually gets told.  Added to which there are numerous adjournments and trials take years and years with judges coming and going throughout the trial.  Thus there is no continuity and the incoming judge has to rely on what the previous judge thought was fit to record.  Slightly off topic but when foreigners are involved things get even more whacky because translations are never 100% and often just completely wrong.  Given any person can file criminal charges this leads to the game of intentional twisting of translated evidence and bogus claims to pressure the foreigner.

Case files can be tampered with and paperwork removed to prejudice justice.  There is a huge element of corruption running on top of all the above which further twists the operation of justice and a legal system that is so open to interpretation that judges can often have directly opposite interpretations of the law and with no precedent the law becomes a lottery, badly written through inexactitude and intentional lattitude so no one can really know for sure what the law really is.

With all down to the opinion of the judge, who may have only heard a small part of the whole proceedings, it is hard to see how the system can be efficient at dispensing justice all the time and maybe even most of the time, with so many opportunities to tamper with it and so many stages where discontinuity introduces potential for proper understanding.

In this tragic case, of course, none of the above may be relevant but the decision by the police to reopen the case based on the suicide of the victims father leads one to question what the heck is going on.

6 minutes ago, car720 said:

Come on.  It says in the post that the cctv was not working and that's a fact, not opinion.

If you don't know by now what a somebody and a nobody refers to then you shouldn't be here.

OK , I thought you were suggesting that the CCTV was working and that the footage had been deleted by someone .

OK , the CCTV wasnt working , quite often the CCTV doesnt work , nothing conclusive there .

I do know what a somebody and a nobody is , I was asking you why you thought that that deceased was a "nobody" and the defendant was a "somebody ".

What reason did you suggest that they are somebodies and nobodies?

Was that based on anything tangible ?

18 hours ago, Cheops said:

Bla bla bla, until it happens to one of your kids. Let's see if you still feel the same way then. What will you do if you know for sure who killed your kid and he walks free?  I'll give the justice department a chance, but if they screw up, I will kill the murderer of my kids. Am I barbaric? Normally not!

Someone's been watching too many old Clint Eastwood movies... 

11 hours ago, balo said:

Really , show me the sentence I said I had no sympathy , I did not mention it at all .  You seem to have a problem to read.  Or maybe you are confused. 

I try not to get personal , but do not accuse me of something I did not say !  With 922 posts you should know better than to lie and attack other members. 

You’re correct, it was”runforest”  not you . My mistake

21 hours ago, Docno said:

Amazing how many people here advocate vigilante 'justice'. Thailand has enough problems already without people taking the law into their own hands. Do you really think this would be a better place if we shut down all the courts and simply handed out guns to everyone?? Would that bring peace and justice to the land? 

Look, this father clearly believed the accused was guilty of murdering his son. But that doesn't make it true. None of us here knows what happened that night. Yes, we can question the honesty of the judge and police here, but we don't know whether corruption/incompetence is a factor in this case. We just don't know. But we do know that, in objective terms, the judge is in the best position to reach a conclusion in this case. We can't simply assume the father was right and therefore had the right to murder the accused in return. That's not how civilisation works...

There have been enough instances in history of people dying at the hands of mob 'justice' only to be found innocent later. We don't need more such barbarism...

You mean like the liberals and Democrats and Hollywood actors who advocate hanging President Trump and attacking this supporters.?  You mean those people who advocate Political Vigilante "justice".  ANTIFA?   Maxine Waters, Black LIKE ME, SPLC,  Face Book for allowing violent attacks against trump.  I know I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist.   555

Justice needs to be served nation wide and without prejudice!!!!

this allowing the hisos off for example is in my mind ignorant behavior. why thais show respect to these types of people in the first place boggles the mind. just like i was yelling at the police the other day "respect is earnt not given" i have no respect for the legal system here. its nothing but pathetic. its not a crime/corruption/mafia syndicate. its just a bunch of attention seeking people buying imaginary respect from ignorant peers. its a country of weak minded children trying to be something. 

feel sorry for this guy but he should have taken out the killers and the judge first. makes more sense....

Archived