Man jumps to his death from 8/Fl Bangkok Criminal court after seeing the suspect in his son’s murder acquitted

webfact

40 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

if he was not a murderer - the desperate father would not kill himself. seems like he was very sure who killed his son. better kill this murdered and face trial then kill yourself. if i were him I would do exactly this.

In the father's mind perhaps the accused was the murderer, but unless the father was there when it happened, how would he know? Kill the accused and start a vendetta, putting the rest of his family in risk? I'm sure he was thinking of this.

Grief is a terrible thing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"She said the murder incident should have been recorded on security cameras, but the owners claimed the cameras had broken down".............. Really, or was it a case of show it and we'll burn your place down ?     Bit like the coppers son who shot a bloke point blank in the face in a bar in front of 48 people and nobody saw anything........     

20 hours ago, lust said:

Why not serve justice yourself?

Sometimes, the courts are inadequate for the task at hand. Sometimes there are alternatives. 

There seems to be alot of judges here who are very weak, when it comes to prosecuting offenses and handing out the kinds of sentences that are deserved. I suspect some of the population count on that being the case. 

15 hours ago, runforest said:

Typical loss of face nonsense. If the court of public opinion handed out guilty convictions then EVERY one would be guilty. Respect the law and especially a little matter called evidence.

No sympathy for this guy

Inconceivable to me that anyone could say this. Shame on you 

2 hours ago, Matt96 said:

if he was not a murderer - the desperate father would not kill himself. seems like he was very sure who killed his son. better kill this murdered and face trial then kill yourself. if i were him I would do exactly this.

Geez! Just because someone believes something to be true doesn't make it true... 

Amazing how many people here advocate vigilante 'justice'. Thailand has enough problems already without people taking the law into their own hands. Do you really think this would be a better place if we shut down all the courts and simply handed out guns to everyone?? Would that bring peace and justice to the land? 

Look, this father clearly believed the accused was guilty of murdering his son. But that doesn't make it true. None of us here knows what happened that night. Yes, we can question the honesty of the judge and police here, but we don't know whether corruption/incompetence is a factor in this case. We just don't know. But we do know that, in objective terms, the judge is in the best position to reach a conclusion in this case. We can't simply assume the father was right and therefore had the right to murder the accused in return. That's not how civilisation works...

There have been enough instances in history of people dying at the hands of mob 'justice' only to be found innocent later. We don't need more such barbarism...

17 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

One can only imagine the grief this poor man felt when his son was murdered, to then be crushed again by watching his murderer walk free.

RIP to you

That`s the problem. We don`t know for sure whether the defendant was the murderer or not.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The Criminal Court acquitted Nattapong yesterday after a key witness to the crime was unable to testify due to ongoing psychiatric treatment. 

During police interrogation, the witness said he saw what happened but he failed to show up in court. 

The case should have been continued until this critical witness testified...

If the suspect committed the crime then he has two deaths on his Conscience perhaps Karma will visit him Quickly ?

What goes around comes around?
"What goes around comes around" means that if a person does a bad thing like stealing or telling a lie then that person will get bad luck. A easier way to put it is that good deed brings fortune, bad deed brings misfortune.

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Amazing how many people here advocate vigilante 'justice'. Thailand has enough problems already without people taking the law into their own hands. Do you really think this would be a better place if we shut down all the courts and simply handed out guns to everyone?? Would that bring peace and justice to the land? 

Look, this father clearly believed the accused was guilty of murdering his son. But that doesn't make it true. None of us here knows what happened that night. Yes, we can question the honesty of the judge and police here, but we don't know whether corruption/incompetence is a factor in this case. We just don't know. But we do know that, in objective terms, the judge is in the best position to reach a conclusion in this case. We can't simply assume the father was right and therefore had the right to murder the accused in return. That's not how civilisation works...

There have been enough instances in history of people dying at the hands of mob 'justice' only to be found innocent later. We don't need more such barbarism...

Bla bla bla, until it happens to one of your kids. Let's see if you still feel the same way then. What will you do if you know for sure who killed your kid and he walks free?  I'll give the justice department a chance, but if they screw up, I will kill the murderer of my kids. Am I barbaric? Normally not!

23 hours ago, balo said:

Why kill himself over this , yes the murder was a tragedy , but too many mental cases in Thailand, who needs psychiatric help, was the father offered such help? I doubt it. .  

I am confused who needs help here...

Justice Promised After Dad’s Dramatic Court Suicide

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

image-5-696x392.jpg

Police and rescuers at the scene outside the Court of Justice Monday where a man jumped to his death after the lead suspect in his son's murder case was acquitted.

BANGKOK — The national police chief said Tuesday that a murder would be re-investigated after the father of the victim jumped to his death because the lead suspect was cleared of wrongdoing.

Supachai Kanlahasuntorn’s leap from a court window Monday – which his wife was barely restrained from following – drew promises to review the case and heavy criticism of the judiciary for allegations the original investigation was tainted.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/07/24/justice-promised-after-dads-dramatic-court-suicide/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-24

Archived