BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai tourism operators suggest visa-fee waiver to counter cancelled bookings

Tourism operators suggest visa-fee waiver to counter cancelled bookings

By The Thaiger

1200x-1.jpg

As the cancellations of accommodation and tour bookings from Chinese tourists continue to rack up, local tourism operators are urging the Government to be pro-active in trying to restore confidence.

Vichit Prakobkosol, the President of the Association of Thai Travel Agents is calling for the Thai government to waive visa fees in a bid to lure back the Chinese tourists.

The association is reporting that many Chinese tourists have already cancelled plans to visit Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga and Koh Samui following the July 6 sinking of ‘Phoenix’ where 47 Chinese passengers drowned.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/tourism-operators-suggest-visa-fee-waiver-to-counter-cancelled-bookings

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-07-24

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

local tourism operators are urging the Government to be pro-active in trying to restore confidence.

Pro-active??? Ain´t that a little bit late? I would suggest Post-active.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

local tourism operators are urging the Government to be pro-active in trying to restore confidence.

More morons that need to look in the mirror to see where the problem lies!

The solution is simple BUT they have to accept that if they want tourists back they have to fix the problem.

That is to stop corruption at all levels with heavy punishments for ALL offenders from the very top all the way down.

Make the country safe including all the passenger boats and the roads. Force the police to do the job that they are paid for, put the Army where it belongs, back in the barracks and emasculate them so they cannot make a coup any more.

I told you the solution is simple but it will never happen as there is far too much money and face involved.

These guys just don't get it, 47 (FORTY SEVEN) Chinese tourists lives were lost because everybody just sleeps here in the LOS, no one adheres to any laws, let alone are they enforced or checked on, audited, etc, etc and all you do is scratch your heads and come up with this brainless idea of waiving the visa entry fee.

How shallow can you be, your the "laughing stock" 

You can put lipstick on a pig...………………..but it's still a pig!

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

These guys just don't get it, 47 (FORTY SEVEN) Chinese tourists lives were lost because everybody just sleeps here in the LOS, no one adheres to any laws, let alone are they enforced or checked on, audited, etc, etc and all you do is scratch your heads and come up with this brainless idea of waiving the visa entry fee.

How shallow can you be, your the "laughing stock" 

Ah, but free entry to the Kingdom will make all the difference. I'd accept the risk to save a bit of money. Wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, sniggie said:

Ah, but free entry to the Kingdom will make all the difference. I'd accept the risk to save a bit of money. Wouldn't you?

Let us just say that I value my life a little more than you 555

"Pro-active" must mean something very different in Thai.  It is time to focus on safety and not shallow shortcuts. 

“Vichit recommends using the visa-free lure for at least six months as the island’s tourism business works to re-establish confidence with the lucrative Chinese tourism market.”

Yes, because that will help the Chinese forget that not only did 47 citizens die due to poor safety standards, but also a govt minister subsequently blamed the Chinese for the incident. 

Moron. 

I thought nothing affected the tourist numbers to Teflon Thailand,

well according to TAT, 

The  President of the Association of Thai Travel Agents seems 

to be putting forward a completely different story,the truth, that

Chinese numbers are way down,and it may take more than free

visa's to get them to return.

regards worgeordie

Nononononono....yesterday, TAT announced, that tourism will not be affected by...well...basically anything!

So...no need for this!

At all!

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Pro-active??? Ain´t that a little bit late? I would suggest Post-active.

I think the term is "Inactive post", for any scapegoat they can find.

The next group of Chinese tourists that fall victim to the Thai attitude towards safety will be very happy about the free visa I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The use of the word "lure" always gets me. Sounds seedy like trick, connive to dupe, to fool them into coming to be fleeced and scammed.