UK passport Renewal at Trendy Building

I will drop my daughter's passport application at Trendy this week, but i don't want to take another day off to collect it.  Does anyone know if any of the visa agents in the building offer a collection and forwarding service?

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Why your daughter can not pick up when you are advised of it's return in about 4 weeks?

Maybe she's too young? A five-year old alone on the streets of Bangkok?

40 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

No they don't - it has to be collected personally.

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must collect in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

24 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must collect in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

indeed.

More detail here:-

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

The reason you must collect it yourself appears to be special to Thailand (and maybe the odd other country or two) because Thailand demands that you must carry your passport with you at all times. Of course, in typical Thailand-style no-one does and nobody ever demands to see it. But it is the (ignored) law. So you must be allowed to retain your 'expired' passport (it expires as soon as the application for a new one is lodged) until your new one is ready (in about two weeks, although they tell you four).

You must then appear in person with the old passport so they can cut the corner off it so it is officially of no more use. They also give you a form that asks the Thai authorities to transfer any visa you might have, although that appears in my experience to not be needed. As you leave the country produce both passports and the immigration officer does whatever needs to be done.

I wrote that the passport holder must appear in person, but as mentioned above they can nominate someone else. But the important thing, the reason for it not being posted to you, is to officially invalidate the old one so they have to bring that to Trendy.

The OP has said that the new passport is for a five-year-old though, and if it is her first passport they MAY post it if asked. I don't know. The OP should ask when he puts in the application.

Brit renewal is a PITA. Canadian Embassy is happy to accept and despatch by EMS (10 days all told to renew)- why is it so difficult for others not to do the same.

As I was in Thailand on my Can Pport I renewed the Brit one back in the UK and had someone bring it out for me- far less hassle  than 2 trips to Bkk and all legal.

1 minute ago, rickudon said:

Pick up service - are the visa companies at Trendy or do you have to arrange this yourself in advance?

You need to provide them with written authority........... so presumably in advance.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, farang1979 said:

So, Mk as it says in this thread, and also on the passport office you can get someone to collect it on your behalf. How do you issue them power of attorney to do that? ????

The wife gave just them the receipt paper and the old passport as far as I know (to a work colleague, not an agent).

Archived