Where to get Roti with Curry in Samui?

We used to go eat Roti with curry (โรตีแกง) at Fariah Muslim Restaurant across the road from Bangkok Hospital.  However, their roti man left over a year ago, and they haven't been making roti since.

We did find a couple of other choices, but they weren't very good or didn't have curry:

* Bon Nern, right next to ISS school on Soi Bandon Hospital -- the curry was awful, it was made with condensed milk!

* Roti Decha on ring road, near turn-off to Chaweng Lakeview hotel, place looks cool and has a 100 roti dishes, the roti is great ..... but no curry (even though it's on the menu), and they closed about 6 months ago ?

Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, leola74 said:

But do they have roti with curry? I'm not talking about Indian Nan bread, but the Southern Thai / Malay version, eaten with curry dip, usually for breakfast. 

No but there is a place not too far away on the ring road called 'Lamai Halal Centre' or something like that. Small place with a green sign and only open in the evenings. Gets quite busy.

6 hours ago, leola74 said:

Ah yes, we've been there, too.  Not bad, but not great.  Ideally would like a place open for breakfast, actually.

Any more suggestions?

None that I can think of I'm afraid except maybe to ask the fella at Live India and they are quite knowledgeable and have been happy to help me on a number of things in the past. 

The last place on the left before Hin Lat waterfall at a guess (landwards from old immigration jct), or sunset restaurant on the right-angle as you enter Naton seafront from Lamai.

Babo in Maenam will probably have it on the menu but AFAIK isn't open for breakfast.

HTH

• 1 month later...

Just made a fantastic discovery:  Krua Bang Por, on Bang Por beach, diagonally across from the 7-11, now has a roti station on the road, and they make a good curry dip to go with it, THB 50 for a set with two rotis and the curry.  Haven't had a better one in Samui for sure.  They're open from 1pm to 10:30pm daily.

• 4 months later...
On 7/24/2018 at 9:39 PM, leola74 said:

Any more suggestions?

New Roti place on Chaweng Lakeview road almost across street from the Black Duck.

Found it yesterday, totally packed, 10 people in que before me for take out, had to wait 15 min, totally worth it.

Two chefs working constantly, three waitresses.

Big Roti menu including Mataba (50 baht).

Got my son a chicken hamburger for 49 that the he liked.

• 5 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, PoorSucker said:

Went for a new mataba fix, apparently closed on Mondays.????

Anyone know the name or phone number of this place?  Don't want to drive over from Bang Po just to find they're closed ....

2 hours ago, leola74 said:

Anyone know the name or phone number of this place?  Don't want to drive over from Bang Po just to find they're closed ....

Seems they open around 5pm.

Shop view. 

Screenshot_20190630-143431.thumb.png.789da6f12ec912a725a8e4bc1ac15bda.png

View towards beach road. 

Screenshot_20190630-143508.thumb.png.a8a18286bf7d223eed9fb51217d37ed8.png

View towards PTT, lakeview road. Screenshot_20190630-143700.thumb.png.db92b811bf98a2f7387fc5bf00f6b86c.png

Archived