BANGKOK
bbabythai

Id requirements for Thai pink card?

Can I assume its: passport, yellow book, copies of visa, copy of my social security health insurance card. Is that it? Do I have to take passport photo or do they do photo there?

thanks

you may need a tha i witness, but not a photo.

They take the photo and insert it electronically / digitally into the pink card.

Edited by scorecard

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

They take the photo and insert it electronically / digitally into the pink card.

do i need a thai witness?

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Most Amphurs automatically issue the pink ID card immediately after issuing  your Yellow house book.

You shouldn't need any more than your passport and Yellow house book to obtain the ID card.

A digital photo and thumbprint are required for the process, which they do in the office.

Some report a small charge, in my case it was free, other than 10 baht for a protective plastic cover.

You shouldn't need a witness just for the ID card.

Yes thats right, in my case the yellow book took a couple of weeks and a couple of visits, witness etc, the pink ID was a 5 minute process after showing yellow book. Also they will ask your blood group.

• Thanks 1

I had a yellow book for ages , nobody ever mentioned a pink i.d. card till I read about it on here.

6 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I had a yellow book for ages , nobody ever mentioned a pink i.d. card till I read about it on here.

When they amended the Civil Registration Act in 2008 allowing foreigners to register and obtain a Yellow House book, most Amphurs were not equipped with a camera, fingerprint scanner, or the software to produce the ID cards.

It took a couple of years to even stock the Yellow books in some cases, even longer for the ID cards.

Locally, some of the more senior expats obtained a Yellow house book several years ago, but the Amphur didn't have the stock, or equipment to issue the ID cards until about 5 years ago. TIT.

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Also they will ask your blood group.

Correct, thanks for the reminder.

I believe they are a biometric card, same as the Thais ID card, containing not only your personal details, but thumbprint recognition and blood group, which in the event of a major accident could save your life.

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

When they amended the Civil Registration Act in 2008 allowing foreigners to register and obtain a Yellow House book, most Amphurs were not equipped with a camera, fingerprint scanner, or the software to produce the ID cards.

It took a couple of years to even stock the Yellow books in some cases, even longer for the ID cards.

Locally, some of the more senior expats obtained a Yellow house book several years ago, but the Amphur didn't have the stock, or equipment to issue the ID cards until about 5 years ago. TIT.

I think this is partly right, In pattaya its the same department that is doing all the normal Thai IDs so they have cameras, scanner etc but they do the actual printing of Pink IDs after 2pm.

I presume this has to do with loading up the printer/laminator with pink ID templates, different software etc.

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

no chip in pink card.  They figured that would be unnecessary as they will soon require foreigners to have them implanted.

Actually your correct, it isn't a biometric ID card.

I now recall the Amphur told me that any government department, police or hospital, could access the database using your registration ID number to find your blood group or a thumbprint scan for ID confirmation.

The system must work because recently an expat had a serious accident and required a blood transfusion.

He was unconscious but had his ID card on his person. The hospital had the blood ready and waiting when he arrived in the Ambulance.

He actually had a rare blood group (B negative) and required further transfusions.

The Police were actually doing there rounds amongst the popular bars requesting anyone with the same blood group to donate as the hospital had very little supply of this type.

implanted and the idiots in brown will have a scanner,

my amphur is in suwannaphum roiet and it took about a mouth to get my yellow book (gold  i think that is what she thought they were made of) that was about the same time they were getting there id cards in roiet well a mate of mine had taken a photo of one with his phone to show in our office, well did that start a chain of events,the hold office went mad ,where did you get that ,they scanned it onto there computer  we were told to come back later as they were looking into it, i still dont know if he got one as i went back to aus and a bit later he pass away 

Pink id cards for farangs are not biometric, Thai id cards are farangs are not.

I recently got my pink id card, because going to the hospital every 3 weeks my wife was told i needed 1.

So got 1 went to hospital lady swiped the card, it does not work she says.

Now being covered by my wifes health insurance, hospital are demanding id card, as since the 1st of may, all patients at the hospital have to produce id card to be swiped.

Fortunately they accept my yellow book number and have to input it manually.-