Id requirements for Thai pink card?

12 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No hospital should ever rely on blood group information on an ID card, especially if it is based on them just asking you what your blood group is. If for whatever reason, the blood group info is wrong and they rely on it, giving you the wrong blood type could kill you.

O negative is a universal donor blood type, until your blood type can be confirmed.

• 1 year later...

Ok my yellow tabian baan was issued by the District office on Thonglor.Went there around 1000 yesterday with my passport and the yellow book and 30 mins and 60baht later had the pink ID card.Very good service.

Had to go to the bank later and the ID was accepted.Checked in for a flt this morning (domestic) and again the pink ID was accepted without question.So it does have uses.

30 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

When you apply for the yellow house book, do you have to take in the originals of the property's paperwork? Or would photocopies be accepted? 

And I presume you have to have any visa/extension other than a tourist visa. 

Depends on the office you go to. Most would probably want to see originals. The main thing most offices will want is an official translation of your name.

12 hours ago, trawler said:

Ok my yellow tabian baan was issued by the District office on Thonglor.Went there around 1000 yesterday with my passport and the yellow book and 30 mins and 60baht later had the pink ID card.Very good service.

Had to go to the bank later and the ID was accepted.Checked in for a flt this morning (domestic) and again the pink ID was accepted without question.So it does have uses.

Most airlines and banks often dont accept Pink ID simply because name is in a different language (Thai) to the account name or airline booking. You can open an account with a pink ID then the account name is in Thai as per the ID, then pink ID is used. Same with an airline booking. if the airline booking system lets you book using Thai script then the PinkID is accepted.

You dont often need passport or ID for normal daily transactions as you are presenting a card//book, its usually only required for a major transaction like a new card or change password etc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Depends on the office you go to. Most would probably want to see originals. The main thing most offices will want is an official translation of your name.

It,s on the back of the certificate I believe. 

So if I got a translation of my name I should make sure it,s the same one they put on certificate.

39 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

It,s on the back of the certificate I believe. 

So if I got a translation of my name I should make sure it,s the same one they put on certificate.

Not sure what certificate you are referring to ? It is important to make sure any official translation matches other translations like on a chanote etc

On 7/27/2018 at 10:53 AM, Tanoshi said:

O negative is a universal donor blood type, until your blood type can be confirmed.

True, but that doesn't alter the fact that no hospital should rely on a blood type given on a card, which still means the point about the card being useful because it would let the hospital know what blood type to give you if you're in an accident is invalid.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 1/16/2020 at 6:37 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

True, but that doesn't alter the fact that no hospital should rely on a blood type given on a card, which still means the point about the card being useful because it would let the hospital know what blood type to give you if you're in an accident is invalid.

Same with Thais, blood group is detailed on the ID card.

Fool you if you don't know your own blood group and guess when asked.

Better still register with your local hospital who will hold all your details.

They also issue a registration card with a separate ID number.

In the event of emergency, incapacitated, requiring blood and blood type unknown, any hospital should administer O-, whilst the lab does a blood test.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:49 AM, bigginhill said:

When you apply for the yellow house book, do you have to take in the originals of the property's paperwork? Or would photocopies be accepted? 

And I presume you have to have any visa/extension other than a tourist visa. 

Signed photocopies of the owners Tabien Baan and ID card are normally acceptable.

The first named in the Tabien Baan 'head of household', must agree to you using their address and sign a form as such.

Many Amphurs now require a certified copy of your Passport from your Embassy, translated into Thai, then the copy and translation 'legalised' by the MFA.

Only the Amphur at which you apply can detail their specific requirements.

• Like 1