What a way to go! Unidentified foreigner slumped up against beer bar pole for two hours

webfact

What a way to go! Unidentified foreigner slumped up against beer bar pole for two hours

2pm.jpg

Pictures (2) Sanook

Pattaya police were called after an unidentified foreigner was found dead on his knees slumped up against a beer bar pole in the area behind the Marine Hotel in South Pattaya last night.

The man - aged about 50 - had been in that position more than two hours before anyone thought to inquire about his welfare, reported Sanook.

2pm1.jpg

He had no ID, was wearing a yellow shirt, grey shorts and sandals. He had a cap and earphones still in.

There was no sign of a struggle or marks on the body and police are mystified as to why he died.

The body was taken to the morgue for autopsy.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-25

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

here was no sign of a struggle or marks on the body and police are mystified as to why he died.

Hmmm! Alchohol poisoning might be a good place to start.

Got to say though that customer service at this bar sucks. Dead for 2 hours before anyone bothers to even check him?

17 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

2hrs !!! A sad reflection on what we, as a society, have become....

I gather you mean, a sad reflection on what Thai society have become, sad part about it is, its always been that way, in other words if this was in a western country, I am 99.9% certain passers by would have checked in on him more earlier that 2 hours or at least called for some support group or police to attend much earlier than to sit and stare and ponder while eating grass.

No ID tells me some shallow punk took his wallet while he was deceased, sad, really sad this Thai society in the touristy areas, I hope they get what Greece got back in the 90's, very few tourists because of their selfishness, sending many businesses against the walls.

I can understand why passersby would think he's just another Pattaya drunk. It's an unusual position in which to die. Although staff from the adjacent bar should have checked much earlier. New sandals, hadn't been in Thailand long. Overweight, heart issue?

14 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

No, not at all. It is a reflection of the area in which he was in, and of his socio demographic characteristics.

10 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Got to say though that customer service at this bar sucks. Dead for 2 hours before anyone bothers to even check him?

Most likely a heart attack.  When the left ventricle blocks you have a limited window to respond before you die. It's why it is called the widow maker. Perhaps he was just a typical patron of the bar and it was used to people passing out.

20 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

2 Hours isnt to bad , I suppose that its not uncommon to see drunken foreigners slumped outside bars in Pattaya , had he been laying down in the street , he probably would have got attention immediately . 

36 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

True. Normally five minutes without a beer and they'd be on your case trying to get you to order another one.

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No ID tells me some shallow punk took his wallet while he was deceased, sad, really sad this Thai society in the touristy areas, I hope they get what Greece got back in the 90's, very few tourists because of their selfishness, sending many businesses against the walls.

Not necessarily , I often go out without I.D. as do a number of my friends.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:
57 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Not necessarily , I often go out without I.D. as do a number of my friends.

and the point of that being ?

the point being that you made unfounded Thai bashing ASSumptions.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

and the point of that being ?

I would say that most of us , maybe all of us , do not take ID/PPs out with us when we go drinking .

No valuables and nothing that we dont want to lose , so you suggestion that someone must have robbed him isnt a correct assumption to make 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I would say that most of us , maybe all of us , do not take ID/PPs out with us when we go drinking .

No valuables and nothing that we dont want to lose , so you suggestion that someone must have robbed him isnt a correct assumption to make 

as·sump·tion
əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I gather you mean, a sad reflection on what Thai society have become, sad part about it is, its always been that way, in other words if this was in a western country, I am 99.9% certain passers by would have checked in on him more earlier that 2 hours or at least called for some support group or police

I dont where your from but your figure of you would get help in the west 99.9% of the time, is so stupid. All you have to do is Google it to know its a worse situation especially in large western cities.

Put together this situation where many of the people passing by know that they do not speak his language. Know that so many Farangs lay on the floor of that city drunk day and night. But of course like most of your posts the only reason is Thai Society. I have just put one video of UK where they tested your 99.9% theory out, 4 hours for some laying in the middle of the street---no not just laying there, but calling out and groaning, in pain a little shorter if your a younger girl (seems women stick together a bit) If you want to check there is a whole raft of these videos in different cities. One has a person in Berlin laying in the road while the traffic drive around them.

But 4MyEgo here....its Thainess at fault once again......

26 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I dont where your from but your figure of you would get help in the west 99.9% of the time, is so stupid. All you have to do is Google it to know its a worse situation especially in large western cities.

Put together this situation where many of the people passing by know that they do not speak his language. Know that so many Farangs lay on the floor of that city drunk day and night. But of course like most of your posts the only reason is Thai Society. I have just put one video of UK where they tested your 99.9% theory out, 4 hours for some laying in the middle of the street---no not just laying there, but calling out and groaning, in pain a little shorter if your a younger girl (seems women stick together a bit) If you want to check there is a whole raft of these videos in different cities. One has a person in Berlin laying in the road while the traffic drive around them.

But 4MyEgo here....its Thainess at fault once again......

So stupid....lol

I live with my head above the sand, I know Thai's, you obviously don't, as for your video on the UK, would never visit it as I know what the Brits are like as well.

Education has always been a key, sadly most are not educated like some.

Archived