What a way to go! Unidentified foreigner slumped up against beer bar pole for two hours

webfact

2 hours ago, balo said:

Not knowing his illness we don't know if his death could have been prevented. But it's never too late to change your lifestyle, eat less and healthier food, start exercising and stop drinking too much.

It's possible , even in a city like Pattaya. 

In this setting we can assume that enough exercise has been performed - walking up and down the different bar soi's looking for a fitness trainer for the night so its rather all about drinking and eating habits....:whistling:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, Sparkles said:

Very disrespectfull headline by the way

Seconded.

Is this the words of a Nation reporter? No, I don't see this as "What a way to go" moment for anyone, and many TV members find it hilarious too that a man, for  whatever undetermined reason, is dead in the gutter.

TV/The Nation very sad and  a poor show eh. But then  this is the garbage  tip (or site) for Thailand.

Time 2 ban  myself again from  this site, but  please feel free to ban  me mods as I cannot find an "unmember me  button" ....thx too for the  mf mode applied   to my  user  account too mods, nice one. I know the tricks as used to be a mod on a much more reputable site using  Vbulletin.

Goodbye Thai Visa, enough of you  and the donks that  post here.

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am not Thai bashing, and you might be right, I see it the way I see it, clearly, from my point of view and have seen it many times before, all they are interested in is your $'s, not if your ok mate, and I have said this before as well, why do they bounce 10 on 1 when a farang is involved in an altercation ? Thainess ?

Because they can.   AND, that way the outcome is never in doubt!!   Fight only to win.  Never to lose or maybe!!

So he either

1) Didn't have a tab open. Got dizzy and just slumped over at that pole.

2) Had a tab open, the staff either couldn't or didn't want to wake him up. And simply took the money out of his wallet to cover the tab (and maybe some extra or all of it for their own tip).

I have no idea of either, but what I know did NOT happen is this: He surely didn't have a tab open and unpaid.

54 minutes ago, greenbottle555 said:

I have no idea of either, but what I know did NOT happen is this: He surely didn't have a tab open and unpaid.

Well, it's a pretty good way to go if you ask me, better than dying dribbling in your bed. As for the bar tab, I can do no better than quote some ancient Greek guy (forget which): " No man is happy until he's dead and all his debts and funeral expenses paid."

On 7/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Essaybloke said:

He was most likely a good bloke. Had his good side and like the rest of us, his petty jealousies and concerns. Sorry he's dead, sorry for his wife and kids or mum. But yeah, comedy requires victims, and this one's past carin'.

For some odd reason, reading this thread I was reminded of the awful online surveillance video of the little sedan out of control, flipping and spitting out this farang ESL teacher wearing nothing but a shirt...  he had been getting <ahem> orally-serviced in the back seat of the car when the driver lost control.

Imagine that being how the world remembers you. (Thanks YouTube.)

On 7/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, catman20 said:

NE 1 said 

Not necessarily , I often go out without I.D. as do a number of my friends.

which means he and his  friends  do not take a picture of their passports and visas with them.

Yes, I never carry any ID either , BUT , if the Police do request ID , a photo on your phone of you PP is sufficient , so, no need to carry a PP

I don't live in Sin City but have noticed on my visits that most bars have several Farangs drinking most of the time. So before everybody points their finger at Thainess maybe they should consider how many farangs visit that or other bars in the area that don't see what they don't want to see. Looks as if your time finished whilst you were doing what most barflys enjoy RIP 

11 hours ago, Byron Allen Black said:

Don't think you'll give a monkey's when your dead, why people imagine themselves standing outside of their bodies and being concerned with what people think is beyond me.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, Tongjaw said:

Check out post #24, read foreign news or simply google and you will certainly see that it happens in other countries. 

Also as the poor man collapsed and past away in a bar area frequented by foreigners then that shoots your comment down in flames does it not. 

No point looking at post 24, something that would only happen in pattaya 

1 hour ago, myfriendu said:

No point looking at post 24, something that would only happen in pattaya 

You posted it would never happen anywhere else in the world. Post #24 refutes your claim. If you don’t understand that then it’s a sad day. 

3 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

You posted it would never happen anywhere else in the world. Post #24 refutes your claim. If you don’t understand that then it’s a sad day. 

More of a sad day, some poor guy died on his knee,s in pattaya was there for a few hours and his wallet was nicked.

I  dont even have to look at the post you suggest, common sense tells me the odds of this happening in a crowded nitelife zone full of police with cctv camera,s are millions to 1

you have your own opinion, but it dont change the fact it happend in  pattaya..

19 hours ago, Byron Allen Black said:

For some odd reason, reading this thread I was reminded of the awful online surveillance video of the little sedan out of control, flipping and spitting out this farang ESL teacher wearing nothing but a shirt...  he had been getting <ahem> orally-serviced in the back seat of the car when the driver lost control.

Maybe you should check the facts before passing off scurrilous rumours as fact. Read the truth here:

https://www.farang-deaths.com/case/john-malone/

On 7/25/2018 at 8:13 AM, cornishcarlos said:

2hrs !!! A sad reflection on what we, as a society, have become....

Considering both city and immediate location, I'm surprised he wasn't left there for a whole day. RIP.

3 hours ago, dabhand said:

Maybe you should check the facts before passing off scurrilous rumours as fact. Read the truth here:

https://www.farang-deaths.com/case/john-malone/

"The truth". Ah, the police report. Thai news media. "The truth". Ah.

It's more amusing to think he was getting a hummer in the back seat when the driver lost control. 

1 hour ago, Byron Allen Black said:

"The truth". Ah, the police report. Thai news media. "The truth". Ah.

It's more amusing to think he was getting a hummer in the back seat when the driver lost control. 

Says all about you.....

On 7/25/2018 at 8:13 AM, cornishcarlos said:

2hrs !!! A sad reflection on what we, as a society, have become....

What?  What does this have to do with society, necessarily?  Why is that the first thing people jump to.  Jesus, H Christ!  Does everything have to revolve around the "state" of society?  To me, looking at the picture of the guy he looks comfortably drunk, maybe passed out but certainly not dead.  I say Hurrah to everyone for just leaving him the <deleted> alone.    In my humble opinion people are (Especially Foreigners) way too quick to get the government involved in EVERYTHING.   After 15 years in Thailand I'd say your better off leaving well enough alone.  Or as my sage and delightful ex Thai wife was so fond of saying,  "Not my business, Darling"

8 minutes ago, SanSaiExPat said:

get the government involved in EVERYTHING.

What?  What does this have to do with government, necessarily?  Why is that the first thing people jump to.

This topic died a while ago... Much like the poor fella in it !!

2 minutes ago, SanSaiExPat said:

What?  What does this have to do with society, necessarily?  Why is that the first thing people jump to.  Jesus, H Christ!  Does everything have to revolve around the "state" of society?  To me, looking at the picture of the guy he looks comfortably drunk, maybe passed out but certainly not dead.  I say Hurrah to everyone for just leaving him the <deleted> alone.    In my humble opinion people are (Especially Foreigners) way too quick to get the government involved in EVERYTHING.   After 15 years in Thailand I'd say your better off leaving well enough alone.  Or as my sage and delightful ex Thai wife was so fond of saying,  "Not my business, Darling"

Well Said. Those Chinese Opium Dens were the only state interference worthwhile. They kept em open till some doo gooders got em closed and pushed the price up causing theft from joe public,  Yer Wifes right imo. Your not Your Brothers Keeper.

Archived