"A bar girl whacked me over the head" German tourist tells Bang Lamung police

webfact

"A bar girl whacked me over the head" German tourist tells Bang Lamung police

3pm.jpg

A German tourist sought police help at a checkpoint near the railway line in Bang Lamung at nearly 4 am on Tuesday morning.

He was covered in blood and Sawang Boriboon medics treated him for a five inch gash to the back of the head.

Police said it looked like a hit from a wooden club but it took a while to get anything coherent out of Herbert Renardo, 45, as he was suffering the effects of over indulgence in alcoholic beverages.

When he recovered somewhat from his experience police took him back to where he was drinking in Soi Nern Thap Wan. He said a bar girl had hit him over the head.

Unfortunate due to the late hour everyone had gone home and shut up shop.

But the Bang Lamung cops promised that they would reopen the case in the light of day to get to the bottom of what happened.

Source: Pattayanewsarchive

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-25

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A german tourist? Not to be unpolite, but that country has a lot of undesirable, power drinking persons that also makes the good ones look bad.

I am pretty sure that he was offending a girl or worse, or just refused to pay the bill. Bar girls want customers. They most likely do not hit or wack somebody with no reason.

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

A german tourist? Not to be unpolite, but that country has a lot of undesirable, power drinking persons that also makes the good ones look bad.

I am pretty sure that he was offending a girl or worse, or just refused to pay the bill. Bar girls want customers. They most likely do not hit or wack somebody with no reason.

I live close to the bar in question. Doesn't have a reputation for abusing customers, relatively quiet bar. Must have done something pretty bad to have recieved this kind of retribution. Although I personally have never had a problem with them, Germans don't get a good press in the bars round here.

38 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well Herbert you had to much sherbert, and in your drunken state what were you up to?

You probably got whacked for being a pr++k.

"get to the bottom of what happened". Maybe in his drunken state, he tried a little "grab bottom" and got whacked in return.

I'm sure this wasn't the way he was hoping to be whacked.

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I live close to the bar in question.

So you live close to the UNNAMED bar?

Maybe you are the owner of the bar, as it seems you also resolved the issue in the very first reply to the OP.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

But the Bang Lamung cops promised that they would reopen the case in the light of day to get to the bottom of what happened.

Why waste any time on that, the TV sleuths will have it resolved before the end of the first page of this thread.

7 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

So you live close to the UNNAMED bar?

Maybe you are the owner of the bar, as it seems you also resolved the issue in the very first reply to the OP.

Why waste any time on that, the TV sleuths will have it resolved before the end of the first page of this thread.

Recognised the bar from the photo. No bars on Soi Neurn Plub Wan have a bad reputation. All quiet open bars except one Thai karaoke bar and one closed bar that is owned by a friend's ex wife. None of them make any money. Own a bar in Thailand? You must be joking!

Don't understand why you are flaming me, German by any chance? 

Just now, Spidey said:

Recognised the bar from the photo.

The photo is taken at the check point, not at the bar.

A German tourist sought police help at a checkpoint near the railway line in Bang Lamung at nearly 4 am on Tuesday morning.

He was covered in blood and Sawang Boriboon medics treated him for a five inch gash to the back of the head.

Just now, Spidey said:

Don't understand why you are flaming me, German by any chance? 

No I just don't like people who claim to know everything, without even be able to read the OP properly.

5 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

The photo is taken at the check point, not at the bar.

No I just don't like people who claim to know everything, without even be able to read the OP properly.

I read the OP. Spelt Soi Neun Plub Wan wrongly. Police were much more likely to have come from Nong Prue and the photo was taken outside a bar. There is no police checkpoint near Rod Fai Road on Neurn Plub Wan. Article is full of holes.

Fake press, fake news, "Don't believe anything you read or hear" - Latest quote from Donald Trump.

funny how everyone thinks its this guys fault

bar staff can get ugly as they usually have more problems then the patrons and are often stressed over finances. minor irritations can morph into verbal assault and physicàl battery in seconds. sitting with your back prone at bar is a recipe for disaster and cheap shots are seen as fair game.

6 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

funny how everyone thinks its this guys fault

bar staff can get ugly as they usually have more problems then the patrons and are often stressed over finances. minor irritations can morph into verbal assault and physicàl battery in seconds. sitting with your back prone at bar is a recipe for disaster and cheap shots are seen as fair game.

Yes, I agree the posters on this forum are a new low in white knights.

Foreign man hit on back of his head by a prostitute (sex undetermined), and he must have deserved it.

A lot of the bar girls/ladyboys are drug addicts, alcoholics and mentally ill, best to never turn your back on one.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well Herbert you had to much sherbert, and in your drunken state what were you up to?

You probably got whacked for being a pr++k.

Just as probably he wasn't being as much of a prick as those here who make speculative accusations (not you, of course).

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A lot of the bar girls/ladyboys are drug addicts, alcoholics and mentally ill, best to never turn your back on one.

Help me out here. Isn't turning your back on a ladyboy sometimes pretty much a necessity? :cheesy::sorry:

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You obviously don't visit many bars. Your description, in no way, describe the girls.

However it does fit the customers perfectly.

Archived