"A bar girl whacked me over the head" German tourist tells Bang Lamung police

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Get Real said:

They most likely do not hit or wack somebody with no reason.

To use violence to put ones point across isn't being very civilised in my opinion. Even if the guy was in the wrong of which we have no proof he was.

40 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

To use violence to put ones point across isn't being very civilised in my opinion. Even if the guy was in the wrong of which we have no proof he was.

You know, it really doesn´t matter one single little bit what kind of opinion you have. What can I say? Welcome to Thailand! If you like it here, you learn the way of life and how people react on different things and in different situations. If you don´t like it, you always have the choice to end up like this little poor bloke. Other option are also available if considered needed. Have a nice day!

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Scalp wounds are always more spectacular events than they really are.

Don't I know it! My wife whacked me over the head with a pool cue several years ago :w00t:   Lot of blood, but no harm done.

IMHO he must have done something to offend the bar girl unduly. They usually know how to cool a customer off without resorting to violence.

Given he was still drunk when he reported the assault to police, it's very likely he won't remember what he said or did to provoke her. Maybe he should leave Thailand before he gets punch-drunk.

28 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Golden rule here is .................. Don't upset a bar girl, be polite or else. It's common knowledge, perhaps this guy was a "newbie"?

I sure the bar girl or ladyboy what ever isn’t  injured so what she did is a murder attempt 

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Recognised the bar from the photo. No bars on Soi Neurn Plub Wan have a bad reputation. All quiet open bars except one Thai karaoke bar and one closed bar that is owned by a friend's ex wife. None of them make any money. Own a bar in Thailand? You must be joking!

Don't understand why you are flaming me, German by any chance? 

Interesting observation if you are referring to the photo in the OP. The 2 Baht/100 lotto sign in the distance kind of gives me a clue.

We sometimes stop off to eat near the train track junction after making the morning market delivery. The injured foreigner is sitting outside a bakery next to a gold shop and lotto stand near to the checkpoint junction. Our eating place is opposite.

Not sure of the timeline but sounds like the bash wasn't long before closing up.  I would be mindful of the change in attitude from a previously up for anything BG, to near closing when her Thai husband/boyfriend might be sat outside on a motorbike waiting to take her home after work.

Tame where I live but one bar had a beer girl "pretty" in for a few hours, serving a handful of local farang regulars.   Her Thai BF was sat in the corner seething, watching her every move.   Poor guy finally gave up, mounted his Hello Kitty Scoopy and zoomed off into the night..... I was mindful how upset he was and hoped he wouldn't return with a 9mm pistol to teach her, and us, a lesson.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I sure the bar girl or ladyboy what ever isn’t  injured so what she did is a murder attempt 

How does anyone know what actually happened.

I'm still thinking on the lines of pissed up tourist, no real idea of where, what or when, falls over smacks his head and comes up with 'bar girl hit me.'

If on the back of his head how does he know who hit him? with what?

His story sounds like a cover for his own embarrassment.

Prepared to admit I'm wrong though.

I fell against the wall outside the back door and got a cracker of a head cut, bleeds like crazy doesn't it?

Told my wife the dog got under my feet. She answered, when was the dog called Gin and Tonic??

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

How does anyone know what actually happened.

I'm still thinking on the lines of pissed up tourist, no real idea of where, what or when, falls over smacks his head and comes up with 'bar girl hit me.'

If on the back of his head how does he know who hit him? with what?

His story sounds like a cover for his own embarrassment.

Prepared to admit I'm wrong though.

I fell against rhe wall outside the back door and got a cracker of a head cut, bleeds like crazy doesn't it?

Told my wife the dog got under my feet. She answered, when was the dog called Gin and Tonic??

years ago i went to a karaoke place where they all know me. woke up with a cut on my eye. don't remember what happened but went back to the bar to apologize as i thought i must have pissed someone off and they whacked me. the girls there laughs and said you were fine and took me round the back of the bar and showed me the cctv of me stacking it on the way out of the toilets

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I have a feeling someone was not polite.

Not that I mean to be rude or anything but we not there when it happened. Allow me this time to be the one asking stupid questions ?

So how can you say somebody was not polite when you were not there ?

What if the guy was just assaulted because he was a farang ?

You would not like such a thing to happen to you I assume ?

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I live close to the bar in question. Doesn't have a reputation for abusing customers, relatively quiet bar. Must have done something pretty bad to have recieved this kind of retribution. Although I personally have never had a problem with them, Germans don't get a good press in the bars round here.

If he had of been at fault the bar would have quickly called the police.

I would say an argument broke out over something and the Thai's lost face so handled it the only way they know how.

29 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

years ago i went to a karaoke place where they all know me. woke up with a cut on my eye. don't remember what happened but went back to the bar to apologize as i thought i must have pissed someone off and they whacked me. the girls there laughs and said you were fine and took me round the back of the bar and showed me the cctv of me stacking it on the way out of the toilets

Marginally better than going face down in the toilets I think.

???

Archived