Big Joke's latest crackdown on foreigners - but has the fanfare run out of noise?

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Only in the overstayer's mind.

Absolutely brilliant!!

30 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Those following such raids must have made themselves pretty wealthy. Those that have paid were not shown on this photo.

I  have the impression the usual suspects are  on the improvised side.    

Is that not the case?

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What an impact this big joke is making on Thai society. Talk about cleaning up the woes that face the nation. Overstay! Wow. What a threat to the well being of the country. 

How about going after the taxi mafia? The drug trade? Human trafficking? Slave trading? Corruption at the very top of the pyramid. Traffic safety, or lack thereof. Jet ski scammers. Anything that means anything. 

Ah, silly farang make BIG Joke. What you suggest would take actual police work.

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Walking down lower Sukhumvit on the odd numbered side the other weekend for the first time in a while and the amount of times someone of non thai decent - based on looks - whispered if I wanted some chemicals was astonishing. For the first time I recall I did not feel very comfortable in that part of town.

Maybe the police could modify the current "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" drive to  "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner selling drugs on lower Sukhumvit" drive.

That would be in violation of the terms of their agreements, so unlikely.

Big joke and big money [emoji23][emoji23]
Soi Nana all restaurants and bars full of illegal worker, so why and what reason behind ? Still many condos Uzbic ladies prostitutes living openly so why no catch ?????????????

Tourist police have any answer ??????

Yes it's a joke
Condo name Omni tower still many prostitute living all people know police knows tourist police know so know not catch them
And many other condos

Many illegal shops
Many illegal workers

Because of under table
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Funny...on the usual trophy finger point parade photos, after arrest,  the oversized  guy in his Rambo Uniform and all his silver wings,  always grinning like a puppet is not on any photo ?.....was he holidaying in Pattaya ?

How about going after the taxi mafia? The drug trade? Human trafficking? Slave trading? Corruption at the very top of the pyramid. Traffic safety, or lack thereof. Jet ski scammers. Anything that means anything. 

Too hard basket. No public recognition when no success. :thumbsup:

What an impact this big joke is making on Thai society. Talk about cleaning up the woes that face the nation. Overstay! Wow. What a threat to the well being of the country. 

Nah, this would mean real work and efforts. Will not happen!

16 minutes ago, mush78 said:

Big joke and big money emoji23.pngemoji23.png
Soi Nana all restaurants and bars full of illegal worker, so why and what reason behind ? Still many condos Uzbic ladies prostitutes living openly so why no catch ?????????????

Tourist police have any answer ??????

Yes it's a joke
Condo name Omni tower still many prostitute living all people know police knows tourist police know so know not catch them
And many other condos

Many illegal shops
Many illegal workers

Because of under table
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sounds like this a hidden classified ad....:w00t:

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Run out of steam! I'm sure the Tourist Police will be quick to put their own spin on it:

Look how successful we've been - we've driven them all out of the kingdom. There's hardly any left!

Or maybe just driven them to a different area of Bangkok!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The deputy commissioner of the tourist police bureau said that 62 places had been raided nationwide resulting in 35 arrests of foreigners.

Nine of those arrested were on overstay , 25 had entered illegally and there was one solitary Indian who was neither, reported Thai Rath.

Maybe it's time for Thailand to build a wall to keep all these illegal aliens out.  

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That would actually be hard work interfering with Candy Crunch Time

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Funny how people always refer to other crimes as being more serious. Don't look at me, what he did is much worse (not saying you are on overstay). 35 people out, who shouldn't be here is still good. who says they didn't other illegal things as they don't have a legal way of earning income here.  

Abso-damn-lutely!!!!

4 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Nice to hear your point of view. I've been saying the same for many a year and the toxic retorts in that degree are somewhat amazing.   

Add another one. I have never overstayed in Thailand and I wish they would hunt down overstayed in the US.

Their country,their rules. Don't like it,leave. 

Has anyone told this joker that there are 50 Nigerians selling cocaine at the mouth of Soi 13 every night. Or would that be inconvenient for the police that control them?

10 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Walking down lower Sukhumvit on the odd numbered side the other weekend for the first time in a while and the amount of times someone of non thai decent - based on looks - whispered if I wanted some chemicals was astonishing. For the first time I recall I did not feel very comfortable in that part of town.

Maybe the police could modify the current "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" drive to  "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner selling drugs on lower Sukhumvit" drive.

First time in a LONG while by the sound of it. This non-Thai riff-raff been prevalent in this area for a decade now. 

8 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Again, I wonder why  news of this sort is of any interest to TVF members or  expats living in Thai.

Why people get upset about those who overstay is a mystery to me.

I simply could not care less about it.

Schadenfreude.

25 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Has anyone told this joker that there are 50 Nigerians selling cocaine at the mouth of Soi 13 every night. Or would that be inconvenient for the police that control them?

Call the Tourist police and report it

14 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

If they wanted to they could outfit an undercover farang with hidden cam to record all of those drug hawkers and then come back to clean up. Is that too easy? MMMM, lots of tea money they'd lose if they did that. 

Archived