Big Joke's latest crackdown on foreigners - but has the fanfare run out of noise?

webfact

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What an impact this big joke is making on Thai society. Talk about cleaning up the woes that face the nation. Overstay! Wow. What a threat to the well being of the country. 

How about going after the taxi mafia? The drug trade? Human trafficking? Slave trading? Corruption at the very top of the pyramid. Traffic safety, or lack thereof. Jet ski scammers. Anything that means anything. 

Good point. 

If the authorities can't organise the most basic function in a society of garbage collection then there is no hope for much else.  The peak has been reached.  It's most likely things will stay the same for a long long time. Although they say the poor but smart will rise up one day.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah....we'll show those scumbag foreigners that they can't just come here and spend their money. Let's run 'em ALL off and then complain loudly that Thailand is being singled out for neglect. ?

17 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Maybe it's time for Thailand to build a wall to keep all these illegal aliens out.  

And get the surrounding countries to pay for it? Where have I heard that before? All he will get will be a bunch of fingers up his nostrils! :thumbsup::clap2:  

On 7/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, spidermike007 said:

What an impact this big joke is making on Thai society. Talk about cleaning up the woes that face the nation. Overstay! Wow. What a threat to the well being of the country. 

How about going after the taxi mafia? The drug trade? Human trafficking? Slave trading? Corruption at the very top of the pyramid. Traffic safety, or lack thereof. Jet ski scammers. Anything that means anything. 

A huge successful effort was made to save the kids caught in the cave (well done to all those involved) now, how about at huge effort to cut down on road trauma? Perhaps "big joke" could be given a Police General rank in the RTP and let him get on with it? It may just work.

The worst case scenario could only be that he could not succeed, in the same way as the current Government and RTP have so miserably failed. I bet he could make a difference if he had the support.

Your call Mr PM, if you care for your people? :whistling:

On 7/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

Walking down lower Sukhumvit on the odd numbered side the other weekend for the first time in a while and the amount of times someone of non thai decent - based on looks - whispered if I wanted some chemicals was astonishing. For the first time I recall I did not feel very comfortable in that part of town.

Maybe the police could modify the current "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" drive to  "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner selling drugs on lower Sukhumvit" drive.

Give them a break..... Where would they get their tea money from?

On 7/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, nikmar said:

OK, I' ll bite. Why the Marillion reference?

Wow, I have not thought about the band Marillion in decades.  I saw them open for Yes about 1980.  The drummer played an amazing solo on hard sided luggage.  

41 minutes ago, Ondral said:

Wow, I have not thought about the band Marillion in decades.  I saw them open for Yes about 1980.  The drummer played an amazing solo on hard sided luggage.  

i used to love them, but that was when I was 16. Saw em a few times. I find them quite irritating now but, saying that, a lot of things irritate me now. 

If Thais want to enforce their immigration laws, what's wrong with that?  Anyway, the target audience for news about this sort of crack-down is a Thai audience, who don't so much mind decent, law-abiding farang tourists, but are happy to see scumbag immigration cheats get the boot. 

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

If Thais want to enforce their immigration laws, what's wrong with that?  Anyway, the target audience for news about this sort of crack-down is a Thai audience, who don't so much mind decent, law-abiding farang tourists, but are happy to see scumbag immigration cheats get the boot. 

I doubt most Thais are impressed at all, many are getting really fatigued at being ruled with an iron fist.

They don't benefit in any direct way from these immigration crackdowns, and often are hit hard when the farang breadwinner is kicked out on overstay or something similar. There's only one target audience for this dog and pony show and that's the superiors they're brown-nosing. 

6 hours ago, nikmar said:

i used to love them, but that was when I was 16. Saw em a few times. I find them quite irritating now but, saying that, a lot of things irritate me now. 

I saw them at the Marquee around then, completely forgotten till they popped up in the thread. Think I enjoyed it at the time, wouldn't want to see them now though. 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

Walking down lower Sukhumvit on the odd numbered side the other weekend for the first time in a while and the amount of times someone of non thai decent - based on looks - whispered if I wanted some chemicals was astonishing. For the first time I recall I did not feel very comfortable in that part of town.

Maybe the police could modify the current "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" drive to  "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner selling drugs on lower Sukhumvit" drive.

Maybe they could actually rethink Prohibition, the Royal College of Surgeons in the uk have called for legalizing everything. And even General Paiboon, the former drug czar suggested the same, right here in 2016, before being promoted to the Palace.

Or does that make too much counter intuitive sense?

On 7/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

Overstaying hardly counts as a crime, even if the RTP thinks otherwise.

Nonsense , you are breaking the law , so it's a crime , simple logic in any country . 

On 7/28/2018 at 9:12 AM, 5633572526 said:

Big Joke has become exactly that. How about showing us how you have reduced traffic deaths

That's not his responibility , his responsibiliy is to get the nasty foreigners out of here who's doing illegal activities and are on overstays.   And his doing a good job at that .   

Who's next ? 

On 7/25/2018 at 7:54 AM, BestB said:

But why is tourist police doing this job? This is not their jurisdiction .

why is tourist police raiding schools and bars? 

In the old days they  were there to help tourists and functioned more a community liaison officer. They were never involved in harassing tourists

4 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Maybe they could actually rethink Prohibition, the Royal College of Surgeons in the uk have called for legalizing everything. And even General Paiboon, the former drug czar suggested the same, right here in 2016, before being promoted to the Palace.

Or does that make too much counter intuitive sense?

Canada, Spain, Portugal,  States in the USA.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

In the old days they  were there to help tourists and functioned more a community liaison officer. They were never involved in harassing tourists

Exactly my point.  But they still have no legal authority and after busting they hand over to RTP.

So question remains why an agency with no authority or legal powers doing the work ? 

Very weird if you ask me

26 minutes ago, BestB said:

Exactly my point.  But they still have no legal authority and after busting they hand over to RTP.

So question remains why an agency with no authority or legal powers doing the work ? 

Very weird if you ask me

Money, prestige,promotion,  power

On 7/25/2018 at 9:16 AM, spidermike007 said:

Aah well good to see the aussies behaving these days

On 7/25/2018 at 7:15 PM, Nyezhov said:

Add another one. I have never overstayed in Thailand and I wish they would hunt down overstayed in the US.

Their country,their rules. Don't like it,leave. 

The native Americans would probably like to see all who have overstayed from the 16th century onwards hunted down and deported. 

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The native Americans would probably like to see all who have overstayed from the 16th century onwards hunted down and deported. 

Cant change history.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Cant change history.

Hey, it was your idea, not mine. 

However, now the crime of centuries long overstaying has been identified,  all who have overstayed, and their descendants, should be deported. 

Those who don’t like this or disagree with the Native American way of life should leave. 

Their country, their rules. 

I’d advise building a big wall around the country after they’ve gone as well. 

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’d advise building a big wall around the country after they’ve gone as well. 

But but but....how would you get someone else to pay for it?  :thumbsup: :clap2:

:sorry: Just my mind wandering. 

Another good reason to stay out of bars in Nana Plaza. Plenty of girls of all types on the street, and no bar fine ? 

And please Nyezhov and Bluespunk, the Native American reference is not only out-of-bounds, it's not funny either. 

Archived