Hair transplant

Cutty Shark

Good morning.  I'm considering getting hair transplant treatment in Bangkok.  Could anyone recommend a clinic that you or friends have had success with.  

Alternatively, if you recommend against this procedure, I'd be interested in reading your comments. 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm as bald as the proverbial badger. The absence of hair on my head has never affected me in any way. My GF uses electric clippers at minimum setting on me every two weeks. She calls me hansum man.

Save your money. To me, wigs, transplants etc. are a sign of insecurity.

From another topic:

"The two "good girls" in the West I was in long-term relationships with both ended up giving me a fairly comprehensive financial screwing.

Give me the bar girls any time, at least they are honest about what they want."

Of course she calls you handsome man, you pay her to do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modern hair transplant techniquesdo work..........well it worked for me.

i was under the impression they did not work as a few celebrities tried it a few years ago with no success. maybe things have changed . 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, catman20 said:

obviously spoken by a bald man. I'd hate to be bald and most people if they could choose would NOT be bald.

I must agree with you. I am bald, couldn't care less whether other people like it or not. But, when I had hair I was a better looking man than I am today and Yes....I would rather be "good looking"...than not.

I am happy in my own skin, bald or not.....but for sure, I would prefer to have a big mop of hair.

Go for it OP if you feel the need.....better than having regrets for not giving it a try later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, jvs said:

You must have sound reasons to want to do this but i can not imagine why.

I have been bald for a very long time with only a few patches left.

If i could find an affordable treatment to stop my hair from growing  would do that in an instant.Hair does not make you the person you are.

I would suggest to cut whatever you have left very short or even shave and try that for a fwe weeks.You will find out,nobody cares if you have hair or not.If there are a few who react negatively,tell them to get a life and look at their own short comings.

Be bold and go bald!!

excellent advice

• Like 1

Follow the recommendation from Iphad and have a consultation with one of the worlds top transplant surgeons. Then when you have a medical opinion you will be able to better assess what is right for you both physically and psychologically. The ideas of most of the posters and of course your friends/family are all worth considering  but as I am sure you realise at the end of the day it’s your hair!  First step as I said at the beginning have a chat with Dr ‘Pat’ as he can match your hopes/expectations with what is medically possible! Unless you want to post a mugshot it’s actually just ideas that you will get here online not real assessment . All the best and pm if you would like further ideas.

Hi, i had transplant done more than 15 years ago, i did not want to be bald and unlike the original hair my transplanted hair is still going strong so if you want to do it do not listen to the negatives just do it, i am sorry i can not reccomend a clinic as i had mine done back home unfortunately as it would have been much cheaper here.

I would think that the newer procedures would offer new hope to those people who wanted to have hair transplants, however some 30 years ago a national sales manager at a large multinational company where I worked, decided to have one done.

He went missing for a few days and when he came back he was the laughing stock of the whole company and people couldn't look at him with a straight face, even though he was a senior manager, and he was nicknamed, "old punch and grow" because he had tufts of hair growing out of his head which looked a lot like a sparsely populated coconut mat!

What was even worse was the fact that he wore small round glasses with the glass being about the size of Coca-Cola bottle bottoms, which made him look like something out of a cartoon series.

Beware.......... just saying!

• Like 1

I had long hair when younger, I liked that - - but, I am older now and like the convenience of the #1 cut [monks cut]... it is nice and cool... and i see no difference in my life other than that the drain does not get clogged... 

Friends have done it and regretted it... 

Are you risking infections or whatever? I try to avoid doctors in this life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:40 AM, jvs said:

If i could find an affordable treatment to stop my hair from growing  would do that in an instant.Hair does not make you the person you are.

I would suggest to cut whatever you have left very short or even shave and try that for a fwe weeks.You will find out,nobody cares if you have hair or not.If there are a few who react negatively,tell them to get a life and look at their own short comings.

Be bold and go bald!!

Well said.  Be bold, go bald.

Hair implant looks terrible just like hair dye.  Cut them !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:40 AM, jvs said:

Be bold and go bald!!

True my sister owns a hair graft company wig whatever. She has AFL footballers as customers..Pure cosmetic works. 

But hair transplant in Thailand no way. My Lebanese friend had it done in Lebanon if you get a bad technician the hair won't stay in and grow. Very slow drawn out process. Which means money in Thailand

Get a hair wig graft instant success

I would just like to ad something,there are different reasons for wanting a full head of hair.Like i said before i do not miss my hair and even if i could get it back i would pass.

If you believe you are less of a person if you have no hair you obviously

have other issues .

I am not opposed to anyone wanting their hair back but the rest of you will also get older,acceptance will be the easiest way to deal with this.

I have only met two or three women who openly told me they prefer a man with hair.I am sure these women also get older and lose their looks.

I believe it is all about personality and the way you accept yourself.

I think i look better without hair anyway and that is not because i dont have any left.If i wanted to i could go for a transplant also but after that i would have to go for a facelift and whatever is next.

Take the test,cut it very short and see how people react,then decide where to spend your money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:00 PM, Lacessit said:

I'm as bald as the proverbial badger. The absence of hair on my head has never affected me in any way. My GF uses electric clippers at minimum setting on me every two weeks. She calls me hansum man.

Save your money. To me, wigs, transplants etc. are a sign of insecurity.

Are you Yul Brynner ?   I always adored his hairstyle...  Honestly !

On 7/25/2018 at 1:48 PM, AlexRRR said:

I would agree with the above poster, i use to have hair longer then my ex wife when i met her gradually it got shorter and shorter, by 30 it was short back and sides, once i began going bald i did the buzz...after a few years i decided to do it myself, ive saved a fortune since, i cut my hair every two weeks takes a few min it looks smart and trendy add some facial hair to give yourself some character and you will have the women drooling after you, i cant imagine a head of silver or white hair, though im still salt and pepper, actually buzzing it off kinda keeps you looking younger and trendier to a point.

Dressing well and grooming well makes you look good, bald guys with wings on the side of there head looks off to me, obvious hair pieces and transplants do the same save your money and invest in a clipper and some nice clothes.

"add some facial hair to give yourself some character".  If you want to attract women, that is the last thing you should do, I have had plenty of girls in my time and never knew any of them to be attracted to facial hair.

Of course there is so much of it around these days it seems to be quite fashionable now, it used to be that it was mainly the guys with unattractive faces that grew facial hair. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, FritsSikkink said:

From another topic:

"The two "good girls" in the West I was in long-term relationships with both ended up giving me a fairly comprehensive financial screwing.

Give me the bar girls any time, at least they are honest about what they want."

Of course she calls you handsome man, you pay her to do that. 

The two "good girls" you mention, was it not your fault for allowing them to give you a financial screwing.

They would never have gotten away with that with me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I had long hair when younger, I liked that - - but, I am older now and like the convenience of the #1 cut [monks cut]... it is nice and cool... and i see no difference in my life other than that the drain does not get clogged... 

Friends have done it and regretted it... 

Are you risking infections or whatever? I try to avoid doctors in this life.

"I had long hair when younger, I liked that".  I still have my hair long just as it was in my twenties and thirties, and my weight is also much the same.

Had some friends with the "bald" look "by choice" that had been asked how they were doing with their chemo treatments......They were taken aback to put it mildly.....

That's how they look to everyone else but not to themselves.....

No one with a good head of hair wants to look like that....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1