Hair transplant

Cutty Shark

On 3/21/2019 at 12:15 AM, Crossy said:

Not sure if the Daily Wail is still blocked, if you can get to the site this is worth a look (avoid whilst eating).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6830281/When-hair-transplants-WRONG.html

I'll just continue to age naturally. My dad was bald as a coot by 40, I still have a decent (but thinning rapidly) head full at 60.

Nothing to with your dad males hairline follow their grandfather on their mothers side 99% of the time

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, bert bloggs said:

the saddest thing i see here is old falangs with their hair tied back in a pony tail while bald on top .

Strange, I think it looks fine...like older cool Harley biker style...it's the overcomb side-to-side of hardly anything left that looks not soo good.

Also when I see bald guys, I don't think 'haha he's bald !'...it barely registers and is just their style...if anything there is maybe a perception that they are sex maniacs....virile vs over-the-hill....younger guy perspective anyway...

Hair is tied to youth, 

youth to fertility,

On a subconscious level females would be attracted to those with hair before those without, IMHO.

Most, but not all,  top movie stars and celebs have full heads of hair, (Pitt, Clooney, Gosling, Cooper), there's a reason for that.

To say a male is more attractive bald then with a full head of hair of course is up to the beholder, but would you find your female mate more attractive bald, I think not.

And those posters who go on about the benefits of not having to get haircuts or shampoo, really, are you that poor getting a haircut is an expense,

Modern hair restoration is probably one of the most perfected office procedures simply because there's so much money in it, albeit still expensive.

As always it's up to one's own confidence on how they're perceived,

but yes, bald along with keeping fit, working out, good grooming, clothing, says alot and would still be attractive to most.

So ask your doctor if the time is right for hair restoration,

as always, your results may very, lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cobra said:

Hair is tied to youth, 

youth to fertility,

On a subconscious level females would be attracted to those with hair before those without, IMHO.

Most, but not all,  top movie stars and celebs have full heads of hair, (Pitt, Clooney, Gosling, Cooper), there's a reason for that.

To say a male is more attractive bald then with a full head of hair of course is up to the beholder, but would you find your female mate more attractive bald, I think not.

And those posters who go on about the benefits of not having to get haircuts or shampoo, really, are you that poor getting a haircut is an expense,

Modern hair restoration is probably one of the most perfected office procedures simply because there's so much money in it, albeit still expensive.

As always it's up to one's own confidence on how they're perceived,

but yes, bald along with keeping fit, working out, good grooming, clothing, says alot and would still be attractive to most.

So ask your doctor if the time is right for hair restoration,

as always, your results may very, lol.

What a load of rollox.........Yul.jpg.cb16e8c955e56a01b15572896f4fd2ac.jpg

40 minutes ago, transam said:

What a load of rollox.........Yul.jpg.cb16e8c955e56a01b15572896f4fd2ac.jpg

No its not chap.....there will always be exceptions to the rule. Jason Statham also comes to mind but in the main bald is not a good look

As for young guys doing it to follow trend just look how awful the lad looks in Eastenders shaved bald as opposed to the seriously handsome guy he was in Benidorm over 3 series actor Danny Walters....

Just now, Chivas said:

No its not chap.....there will always be exceptions to the rule. Jason Statham also comes to mind but in the main bald is not a good look

As for young guys doing it to follow trend just look how awful the lad looks in Eastenders shaved bald as opposed to the seriously handsome guy he was in Benidorm over 3 series actor Danny Walters....

Total nonsense...In fact those who go down the transplant route will spend more time in front of the mirror worrying than those who got over a natural event...

Blokes who lose their locks early are heavy in bloke hormones and should understand that..

Vin Diesel, Yul Brynner, Bruce Willis, Mark Knopfler, Pete Townshend, to name just a few, have no problem with what they were born with...

On 7/26/2018 at 8:26 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

I had a hair transplant in a French run clinic on the island of Mauritius about 15 years ago. They used a dedicated team of about 20 to separate out and implant about 2000 hair follicles. It involved minor surgery to remove a strip from the back of the head,  These days I believe there are less invasive techniques available. Check out the options first.

It was the best decision I ever made. My implanted hair is still growing and gives me that sense of confidence when I look in the mirror. In all that time only one person has spotted that my 'young man's hairline' above my forehead is due to a transplant. I am not too worried about the thin-bald patch at the back, but this could have been improved by a second procedure.

Don't listen to all the bitter bald men trying to put you off. Do what you feel is right for you, (but I am not sure if I would trust a Thai clinic to make the best decisions about redistributing those valuable follicles.)

Modern hair transplant techniques do work..........well it worked for me.

Not bitter at all, if you have the money, why not, but hair doesnt grow your balls bigger. 

I started going bald at 21.  It was extremely disturbing and I got picked on about it a lot.  Ruined what little confidence I might have had.  I thought "If I've lost 50% now, I'll be completely bald in a year".  What actually happened is I lost 50% of that, then 50% of what still remained, then 50% of that etc.  I still have 2 and a half hairs today at 50.  At that time skin head was associated with football hooligans and friends said "shave it off".  I said I can't, I have an office job and have to wear a suit and tie to work.

Today is a completely different story, and I see people with shaved heads and notice that they actually have a pretty good hair line and it's a choice rather than being cornered by mother nature.  About 4-5 years ago I was with my wife and we passed a FUE clinic and I said "do you want me to go and get some hair?".  She said "why? you 'own' (old) already".  Gee thanks for that.  It doesn't concern me barely at all these days.  Wish I could have told my younger self that, but then again that would have changed the course of future history and I'd have met a girl, got 2.3 kids, married in England and have a job I wasn't happy in, had a midlife crisis, divorced, paid half of any income to her, married again .... in short I'd never have had the correct challenges that led me to Thailand and eventually meet my wife.  I'm a lucky SOB and I thank "my grandfather on my mothers side".  I get to live a life they could only have read of in books, and they would believe that Yule was as real as most people thing Fox news is.

Would I rather have a full head of hair?  Sure.  Is it one of the more important things in life?  Not nearly.  I do think skull shape has its winners and less fortunate, but it's really just not on the Richter scale.  To borrow a phase that a friend uses in multple ways that ends in "...for girls" I'll say "hair is for girls".... and so are breasts and the appropriate genitalia and the colour pink.  For guys, a good set of broad shoulders, a gentle yet protective stance for friends and family, doing the right thing and sleeping with a clean conscience is more manly both in physical and behavioral context.  Provide security (hopefully both in financial and physical alike), be a good mediator/moderator, you're eventually going to move in life from Athlete, to Warrior, to Wisened elder and you have to deal with the role of Patriarch.  Take pleasure in all that you do.

If you want to know what is important in life, ask "can money buy it?".  Some examples are health, happiness, respect, time, wisdom.  From that point of view, if money can buy hair, it's obviously not that important.

[Edit]:  Being bald doesn't get you out of the haircut/shampoo thing btw.  You still have to do the same as shaving, such as maintaining cleanliness and dragging a razor every day or few.  I take the lazy option and although shampoo ever shower time, I only use dubbers on a #2 every couple of weeks, but then I'm not in Hollywood in front of the cameras and nobody gives a flying **** so long as I maintain a good level of requisite hygiene. 

Edited by Shiver
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, IvanLaw said:

Cheaper method.

Tattoo's of rabbits on cranium,

from a distance look like hairs.

Getting me coat now 

you mean put a Greyhound up your arse, that will chase the Hare out.,, same you just leaving.