German man arrested for NINETEEN year overstay

webfact

5 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

I am curious about how long exactly are these people held before they are actually put on a plane and deported??

If you have the funds to purchase a flight then a few hours loitering in IDC then off to duty-free, if no money and no one to assist you, you can deduct 200 baht a day from your 20k fine for time served. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Oh dear! Please get a grip! They have already been doing that one time, when they anounced the new overstay rules. From they were released in the news and to that they were implemented it was at least 6 months to take care of business for all overstayers. 

Why would they have another chance? Maybe you feel like this is something that should come back as a free report month every year, or better up. Free report week every two month.
It´s time for all these morons to understand it´s high time to follow the rules. Kickém out and stamp thier forehead with "One Way - No Return"

My.mate came on a ship and left on the same ship 1 year no VISA

33 minutes ago, Media1 said:

My.mate came on a ship and left on the same ship 1 year no VISA

And that is to be considered as what? A good thing???? Hope he is proud, and sincerely hope he try again and get caught that time.

It´s people like that, who see to that all the visa rules have to be stringent.

If those militaries cannot achieve anything they are going after foreigners to get honors, medals and other kind of rewards. Is this really the most important things to do in Thailand? No other projects? 

How poor is this! 

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rules are meant to be broken, stop being a self righteous ****

oooo a big old anarchist.  Ding a ling a ling, the 70's called and they want their failed political manifesto backed.

Next I'll ask somchai to pull up with his pig manure load and illegally dump it at your place, ok? Agricultural waste rules and regulations need no longer be followed as  it would be self righteous to do so.

Fortunately, you don't make the rules. However, here's what you can do; Go over to immigration and tell them that their rules are a crock and that you no longer will comply.

8 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Nineteen years of laughing at us 'gullible fools' who play by the rules doing visa runs, and renewing our passports every 3 years. Time's up Karl, enjoy your incarceration and trip back to the Fatherland. 

ohh shut up you sad little man

of course he is in the wrong and the risk he took has caught up with him. 19 years is a pretty impressive run though.

i'd have been constantly paranoid so wouldn't have been comfortable at all maybe he just got used to it.

don't know his circumstances but i kind of feel for the guy, must have been a massive shock to realize his life just turned upside down, i hope there isn't a family being broken up because of this.

but he knew the risks especially with the banning coming into place a few years ago

i suppose he made his bed . . . just not worth the risk

The near amnesty was in place for nearly 2 years before they started cracking down.

We all had our chance to "clean the oven" as hundreds did, many advised to do so on this forum.

Those who chose not to do so, if caught, have to pay the price

5 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

of course he is in the wrong and the risk he took has caught up with him. 19 years is a pretty impressive run though.

i'd have been constantly paranoid so wouldn't have been comfortable at all maybe he just got used to it.

don't know his circumstances but i kind of feel for the guy, must have been a massive shock to realize his life just turned upside down, i hope there isn't a family being broken up because of this.

but he knew the risks especially with the banning coming into place a few years ago

i suppose he made his bed . . . just not worth the risk

Maybe he got in to the poverty trap- that leads to bad choices, and so on.

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Maybe he got in to the poverty trap- that leads to bad choices, and so on.

Or Honey trap, Thai style. Then grassed up , when they had all his money.

That would never happen here  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock1:

Right,  that's got rid of him, Now go get your next one girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello sexy man :jap:

A number of posters have reflected on the continuous fear that he must have been living under. I am not sure that is correct. After a while one just lives one's life normally, the at least historical likelihood of being asked for a passport was minimal. I had an 11-year overstay which I cleared in 2014 and throughout that overstay, I did not particularly alter my lifestyle and lived in Bangkok and frequented bars etc. After a while one becomes used to it, however, once the prospect of a blacklisting became a possibility I availed of the effective amnesty that was allowed, namely to pay the fine and re-enter. Some others have suggested that additional under the counter payments may have had to change hands or time in the IDC - neither of these is correct unless one is caught rather than surrendering with the appropriate fine. I found the immigration officers very professional and indeed courteous. Immigration gave an effective almost 2 year period for people to sort out their situations which was something for which I was most appreciative. No one on this forum thus far at least knows the particular circumstances of this German national, but presumably, he has ties and potentially family here so it is a pity that he did not also take that window of opportunity that Thailand did, in fact, provide for people to legitimise their legal status here.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

" Other lengthy over stayers included a Cameroon national George Elvis Nkwi Nkwain"

so I guess Elvis has left the building. :cheesy:

Went to a party at the county jail.

9 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

What a legend.... He should be given PR for his dedication to the cause ?

Totally agree !

But I wonder how he has been caught ? Just random check on foreigners by idiots in uniform ?

5 minutes ago, meechan5 said:

He have over-stayed for 7059 days , so that fine is 3529500Bath that means how much? I never seen such a money. Give him Green card..

Max fine is 20,000 baht, no more. If you have no cash to pay you get 200 off a day until you reach 20,000. You do the maths.

Immigration will hold you until someone appears with your one way ticket to your home country.

You go straight to the airport and your passport is given to the aircrew who give it back to you when your feet hit home soil.

1 hour ago, fimo said:

That's ridiculous. To be treated as a "criminal" when you stay in Thailand 19 years without causing any problem ?

In France they give to foreigners the french nationality after 7 years.

Rubbish. Only for foreigners that entered the country legally in the first place.

Thai immigration is beginning to enter the 21st century technology wise. It`s going to become much more difficult for foreigners to buck the system here and for many the craps really going top start hitting the fan.

6 hours ago, JAG said:

Don't be so silly. It is my wifes farm, I was just running an errand for her.

Bit like the guys getting banged up for doing "errands" in their wive's restaurants?

Still not legal.

12 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Nineteen years of laughing at us 'gullible fools' who play by the rules doing visa runs, and renewing our passports every 3 years. Time's up Karl, enjoy your incarceration and trip back to the Fatherland. 

After 19 years don't you think he will know his way around this one.

Archived