Wednesday: 31 more Thai corpses as road accidents continue unabated

webfact

Wednesday: 31 more Thai corpses as road accidents continue unabated

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media Daily News reported that the death toll from road accidents continued as normal on Wednesday as 31 more drivers and motorcyclists became corpse statistics.

The unofficial number is just another day on Thai roads.

But the real number is likely to be at least double when all jurisdictions report fatalities and those who die in hospital are added to the figures.

stats.jpg

So far the reported death toll in July is well over 800.

Statistics show a variance of as few as 15 or as many as 60 killed on any one day casting doubt on the veracity of the figures.

Thaivisa notes that most observers accept that the death toll from road accidents in Thailand is likely to be between 2000 and 2500 per month making a yearly toll somewhere between 24,000 and 30,000 people.

Daily News' figures are just those killed at the scene. They are monitoring the carnage daily in a campaign to try and get the authorities to act.

Even so it makes grim reading - 8,262 have died at the scene of accidents since the start of the year.

Thailand is already recognized as the country with the number one per capita death toll in the world.

But action is frequently reserved for high profile occasions such as New Year and Songkran when much of the population moves between cities.

Two accidents were chosen to highlight the carnage on Wednesday. In one earlier reported on Thaivisa a driver survived when his Ford Ranger became wrapped round a pole in Pathum Thani.

In another they showed footage of a collision between two vehicles on a four lane road without central divider.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-27

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They simply don't care.  If they have an accident, and get killed, it was "fate" and has nothing to do with their horrible driving habits.  And in 30 days they'll be reincarnated and come back again.  It's a mind set you simply can not change in them.

And since they only count the dead at the scene, the real numbers are much higher.

36 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

They simply don't care.  If they have an accident, and get killed, it was "fate" and has nothing to do with their horrible driving habits.  And in 30 days they'll be reincarnated and come back again.  It's a mind set you simply can not change in them.

And since they only count the dead at the scene, the real numbers are much higher.

Have to agree it's a strange mind set they have when it comes their beliefs.

I think there is another issue in play which is suicide by car crash or jumping off the condo's balcony. 

I say this because many of the accidents show no sign of avoidance. They don't slam on the brakes or swerve away from the inevitable collision. If they survive the crash they say it's not my time, with the excuse that the brakes failed, sorry it's not my fault the other driver died.

Keep to the left on the expressway as it gives you more time to avoid the head on.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is already recognized as the country with the number one per capita death toll in the world.  But action is frequently reserved for high profile occasions such as New Year and Songkran when much of the population moves between cities.

Two accidents were chosen to highlight the carnage on Wednesday. In one earlier reported on Thaivisa a driver survived when his Ford Ranger became wrapped round a pole in Pathum Thani.  In another they showed footage of a collision between two vehicles on a four lane road without central divider.

From what I have seen, most of the government and media attention is on how lucky amulets save lives, and detract from factors such as drunk driving, excessive speed, inattention to driving and poor vehicle and road maintenance.

3 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

From what I have seen, most of the government and media attention is on how lucky amulets save lives, and detract from factors such as drunk driving, excessive speed, inattention to driving and poor vehicle and road maintenance.

I've often wondered what happens when an accident does happen with a vehicle loaded up with these lucky amulets on the owners dashboards? 

Personally it freaks me out when I see them mounted in the taxi's,

so I just move onto another taxi which doesn't have them. 

My assumption is the amulets load into the passengers body upon impact, 

and I vision it not helping in the healing process after the impact, 

which even a seat belt won't shield.

Just another stupid arrangement,

which is totally un-necessary and non helpful to all concerned.

They need to breed more that's the problem.if we told them one day farang would be the only people in Thailand it might wake them up a bit.my Thai friends wife has been parking the car in the same spot for at least 25 yrs and he has to go out and sort it out when she gets out.ps shes a teacher.the truth be known it isn't just Thais,it's Asia,Africa and Russia but they shouldn't count because of the rotten weather they get.

34 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Because the country's reputation is at steak.   It is the land of smiles and denials.   I hate driving in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, pokerface1 said:

Keep to the left on the expressway as it gives you more time to avoid the head on.

Theres usually nobody in the left lane either! lane discipline is light years away!

I have been driving here for 30 years now, years back cars were expensive and generally slow, now cars are cheap and fast, too much too soon for Thailand, the standard of driving was never good, what can you expect when there is no training, nowadays it is just atrocious, "the wild west on wheels" ! ?

31 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Because the country's reputation is at steak.   It is the land of smiles and denials.   I hate driving in Thailand. 

I thought Thailand's reputation was at som tam.  If you hate driving in Thailand, why do it?

2 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Have to agree it's a strange mind set they have when it comes their beliefs.

I think there is another issue in play which is suicide by car crash or jumping off the condo's balcony. 

I say this because many of the accidents show no sign of avoidance. They don't slam on the brakes or swerve away from the inevitable collision. If they survive the crash they say it's not my time, with the excuse that the brakes failed, sorry it's not my fault the other driver died.

ANY beliefs without evidence are "strange" hence all religions are  inherently DUMB.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

more Thai corpses as road accidents continue unabated

more medals on officers' chests for doing nothing

more committees finding facts in all the usual places

more crackdowns to produce headlines on crackdowns

more, more, more...

1 minute ago, klauskunkel said:

more medals on officers' chests for doing nothing

more committees finding facts in all the usual places

more crackdowns to produce headlines on crackdowns

more, more, more...

In true Thai style this needs an all singing all  dancing low quality  poor  taste "sanook" video

29 minutes ago, CGW said:

Theres usually nobody in the left lane either! lane discipline is light years away!

I have been driving here for 30 years now, years back cars were expensive and generally slow, now cars are cheap and fast, too much too soon for Thailand, the standard of driving was never good, what can you expect when there is no training, nowadays it is just atrocious, "the wild west on wheels" ! ?

Not to mention the "motorbike disease" the country is afflicted with and is contributing to 75% of the fatalities (understandably). If they really want to cut the carnage, address the out-of-control motorbike situation.

Just now, MaxYakov said:

Not to mention the "motorbike disease" the country is afflicted with and is contributing to 75% of the fatalities (understandably). If they really want to cut the carnage, address the out-of-control motorbike situation.

Truth of the matter is its getting worse - on a daily basis, guess all we can do is commentate :sad:

let the public with video proof of bad driving report it to the police if the police can't do their jobs.

Yesterday I saw the police, about 10 officers hanging out under a bridge stopping motorcycles checking registrations and fining some for not wearing helmets. If that's all the police are good for, time for the people to police themselves.

18 minutes ago, kannot said:

ANY beliefs without evidence are "strange" hence all religions are  inherently DUMB.

A little off topic, but isn't it by the very definition of "beliefs" that they do not require evidence? Many scientific theories were based on hypotheses that were little more than "beliefs" until their formal scientific Theories were established, yes?

Seems there is no one in this country even interested in solving this problem.

Perhaps those who might, are always driven around in a Mini Motorcade with Police Outriders to ward-off the Moronic Motorists and Brainless Bike Riders, consquently, they are oblivious to the carnage. 

What to  say. More police on the roads. That not mening roadblocks, but traffic police there drive around and look for people drives OK. Same as we know in Europe. If they do this then there will be saved much more lives.  Driving over for read, get of with the driving license right away. If police continue the same way as they have do for years. Noting changes.    

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

A cheaper alternative to Dignitas should now be put forward and promoted as a one way tourist attraction.?☠️ 

Well put! You posted it before I got around to it, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Archived