Wednesday: 31 more Thai corpses as road accidents continue unabated

webfact

On 7/27/2018 at 7:59 AM, Vacuum said:

It's all about the lack of common sense an foresight...

Yep, short time thinking!!! A great deal of them are incapable to plan something and foresee or calculate the consequences !,..And so many people drive and text, or even play games on there mobile !!!

Thailand is Insane !

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Not sure about trying that in Thailand, but back in the UK I was always ready and occasionally did take the law in to my own hands, I always said if the police or courts will not act, then you do it yourself.

How did you do it yourself?

Did you break the law in seeking justice?

10 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

How did you do it yourself?

Did you break the law in seeking justice?

Lets just say there were consequences. If I don't agree with a law then I don't obey it.

Start obeying everyones rules and regulations then you may as well not bother getting out of bed in the morning.

Guest Jerry787

delete all the U Turn on the major highways and the death toll will be drop by 50%.

such UTurns are a deadly !

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Lets just say there were consequences. If I don't agree with a law then I don't obey it.

Start obeying everyones rules and regulations then you may as well not bother getting out of bed in the morning.

OK,      to each his own then.

When you say if you don't agree with a law,  you don't obey  it,   does that mean  on your own you assume the authority to decide which laws in a country are relevant to you?

I try to envision a country where all the inhabitants only obey laws of their choosing.    Talk about chaos!

No need for police or courts in such an environment I'd guess.    But better ramp up the number of doctors  and hospitals.

I don't think I'd like to drive on the roads of the country where traffic laws are obeyed only if an individual agreed with the law.

Thanks goodness most people manage to obey laws, at least most of them.      ?

28 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

OK,      to each his own then.

When you say if you don't agree with a law,  you don't obey  it,   does that mean  on your own you assume the authority to decide which laws in a country are relevant to you?

I try to envision a country where all the inhabitants only obey laws of their choosing.    Talk about chaos!

No need for police or courts in such an environment I'd guess.    But better ramp up the number of doctors  and hospitals.

I don't think I'd like to drive on the roads of the country where traffic laws are obeyed only if an individual agreed with the law.

Thanks goodness most people manage to obey laws, at least most of them.      ?

Yes, if I do not agree with any law, I will break it if I think I can get away with it. But I do use genuine common sense. and would never do anything to the detriment of ordinary people.

I do obey most of the laws as they are there for the common good of the people, but there are always some which are very unfair.?

8 hours ago, todlad said:

Since our friend mentioned his UK background, I thought it was appropriate to share with everyone the reality that when the fog descends in the UK, we learn all about moronic drivers. Given the right conditions, killer drivers will emerge.

I'm not implying that the roads in the UK are totally safe, of course we have our share of those who drive inappropriately and fail to take account of the conditions, I think that implies everywhere.  However and this is not 'Thai Bashing' per se, I have never come across anywhere else like Thailand for selfish, stupid and just plain crazy behaviour on the roads.  A few posts back someone mentioned mindset and I think that has more to do with it than anything else - 'Do I need to learn to drive properly?' 'Why?', 'Should I be courteous to other road users and pedestrians?' 'Why?' and so on and so on. Until the attitude changes, nothing else will.

This mindset thing also applies to those in power when talking about solving the problems on Thailands roads - recent sentiment seems to be aimed at attributing blame to foreigners and educating them on how to drive in Thailand. Then as so often happens after a major incident, the authorities start beating their chests, saying they're going to do this, introduce these changes, ban this, stop that etc. etc. Then everything goes quiet and the issues are all forgotten about again. Talk to Thai people, they say that's what they expect and its the norm. As with so many aspects of life, Thai's just don't think like other people. I may not agree with a lot of the things Thai's do, I may even dislike some things but on most matters I respect their right to be different - I'm the visitor. However, on this issue of dangerous roads, no respect whatsoever - its just plain wrong and could so easily be sorted.

10 hours ago, Dave67 said:

My 16 years old nephew got killed on his bike last night

More people in Vietnam drive bikes with fewer deaths as they don't have an inept police force and are forced to wear a crash helmets  

My..God!

I know how you feel (personal).

I refused  to go to any more Thai funerals involving road deaths..I could not take it anymore.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:13 AM, happy chappie said:

They need to breed more that's the problem.

I've seen quite a few examples here to prove the opposite. 

Should definitely have a sign around the neck. 

Saying. 

"Not for breeding purposes"...

12 hours ago, a977 said:

Eradicate them dispense with them sack them whatever you do get rid of the whole Thai police system, employ people who are prepared to do their the job they are paid to do, and pay a decent salary commiserate with the dangers of the job then and only then will you stop the road side backhanders. And then and only then will we get some common sense on the roads. This also applies to the people who take backhanders at the licencing offices, in their case bring in some overseas people to educate the staff in training young people to drive/ride. When this is accomplished then we will start to see an improvement in driving habits. P.S. increase the fines too, the excuse he Thai not have money for fine, then how come he have money to drive/ride.  

Interesting...

When I was working here, my last few years were as a Work place trainer and skills assessor. 

I was invited to present my stuff at one eastern seaboard organization. 

We looked at OH&S and other areas of relevant safety to the people. 

Including driving education. 

Safety in the workplace, driving in general. 

What a waste of time and money. 

Every day I had to argue just to get them to surrender their mobile phones. 

Phones off during training. My rule...

Three days in, and about 40% didn't turn up that day.

So I just said, "anyone who doesn't want to be here can leave".

All of them left...

And they talk ISO 9001, ISO 14000 compliant. 

Occ. Health and safety. 

Quality systems. 

Rubbish. 

Just another piece of paper bought in many instances. 

This was a major company in Rayong.

Sad, really sad...

On 7/27/2018 at 8:58 AM, Benmart said:

There is a lack of motorized, traffic police who are trained and equipped to catch moving violators. It's a lawless, ignorant and superstitious driving public, proven by the numbers.

The training is probably on par with the Paratroopers wings many wear...

Perhaps real jumps might reduce the number of Thai police. 

My wife (Thai) is in the UK with me on holiday and cannot believe how people stop for red lights and pedestrian crossings here.

Not to add, rubbish bins used, clean streets. 

Everyone driving the same way.

Trucks in the left hand lanes only. 

No bikes or vehicles on pavements, safety equipment on building sites...

And has only seen six motorcycles in three weeks...

Now, theres a thought!!

Maybe its the bikes and riders?

Or maybe it's just the thai drivers full stop.

11 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

My..God!

I know how you feel (personal).

I refused  to go to any more Thai funerals involving road deaths..I could not take it anymore.

Yeah his old man is in bits and his Mums just stunned, I'm not there I'm working in Vietnam the Mrs if flying back Tuesday/

136 post on this article so far. Why not add these 136 commented posts to all the other road crash fatalities stories that have been posted on TV over the past year & add up the total comments. I'm curious to know how many that would be. Into the thousands I imagine.

Whats the point of commenting on these senseless road killings. The Thai mentality towards road safety & common sense is never going to change, at least not in the next few decades. I have become de-sensitized towards any accident or road crash. These people are so GD stupid, ignorant & careless, just let them die & kill off one another until it changes.

Was sitting at a corner store with a buddy having a beer when a group of students, (four on the scooter & not one of them wearing a helmet), pulled out into traffic without a care in the world & got sideswiped by a pickup. They all went tumbling & landed just meters away from us. We looked at them, looked at each other, shrugged & carried on our chat. Didn't bother getting up to assist cuz that could have caused trouble too. Needless to say no one was seriously injured only cut & bruised, one was banged up pretty good with a nice bleeding gash on her leg. Traffic kept on as usual too. It amazes me their lack of common road safety sense & care.

I just stay out of their way as best I can. Buckle up & stay alert, drive sensibly & defensively, anticipate what that guy 50 meters up the road is going to do, constantly shoulder checking, mirror glancing, ready for a quick reaction, expect the unexpected, hang on & pray to my egg omelette (amulet, cuz that will really save my axx)!

1 hour ago, TumblinDice said:

136 post on this article so far. Why not add these 136 commented posts to all the other road crash fatalities stories that have been posted on TV over the past year & add up the total comments. I'm curious to know how many that would be. Into the thousands I imagine.

Whats the point of commenting on these senseless road killings. The Thai mentality towards road safety & common sense is never going to change, at least not in the next few decades. I have become de-sensitized towards any accident or road crash. These people are so GD stupid, ignorant & careless, just let them die & kill off one another until it changes.

Was sitting at a corner store with a buddy having a beer when a group of students, (four on the scooter & not one of them wearing a helmet), pulled out into traffic without a care in the world & got sideswiped by a pickup. They all went tumbling & landed just meters away from us. We looked at them, looked at each other, shrugged & carried on our chat. Didn't bother getting up to assist cuz that could have caused trouble too. Needless to say no one was seriously injured only cut & bruised, one was banged up pretty good with a nice bleeding gash on her leg. Traffic kept on as usual too. It amazes me their lack of common road safety sense & care.

I just stay out of their way as best I can. Buckle up & stay alert, drive sensibly & defensively, anticipate what that guy 50 meters up the road is going to do, constantly shoulder checking, mirror glancing, ready for a quick reaction, expect the unexpected, hang on & pray to my egg omelette (amulet, cuz that will really save my axx)!

Thank you,  I have added your post  to the long  list.

Now please stop posting about this issue.  :jap:    :giggle:

5 minutes ago, TumblinDice said:

Can't stop posting until I see the list, Elon. :crazy:

I think it's about time to ban crash helmets for  the bad

Thai riders.

1000 baht fine if caught using one,  Its the only way forward. :thumbsup:

( Falangs must still use one )

Unnecessary deaths.

No surprise at all.

Thai roads are ranked the most, or one of the most, dangerous road netwoks in the world.

Police should do their job, 24/7. 

Traffic management should be much better.

Parking fines issued.

Double parking banned.

Speeding tickets enforced.

Bans.

Vesicles checked for road safety.

Helmets worn.

No more than two persons on one motor bike.

No passengers on the flat beds of pickups and so on...

It is not rocket science.

Thais lack common sense, are pushy, lawless, greedy and impatient.

TIT Paradise...

24 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Police should do their job, 24/7. 

Traffic management should be much better.

Parking fines issued.

Double parking banned.

Speeding tickets enforced.

Bans.

Vesicles checked for road safety.

Helmets worn.

No more than two persons on one motor bike.

No passengers on the flat beds of pickups and so on...

It is not rocket science.

Thais lack common sense, are pushy, lawless, greedy and impatient.

TIT Paradise...

Everything is Rocket Science here. :coffee1:

On 7/28/2018 at 2:35 PM, Jerry787 said:

delete all the U Turn on the major highways and the death toll will be drop by 50%.

such UTurns are a deadly !

This makes basic common sense, as slow moving traffic trying to merge with high speed traffic is a recipe for disaster

On 7/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, yellowboat said:

Because the country's reputation is at steak.   It is the land of smiles and denials.   I hate driving in Thailand. 

which steak??

Ozzy steak....thai steak .....english steak....

YOU SHOULD SPELL CORRECTLY

STAKE STAKE STAKE IS correct spelling  !!!

10 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

1939 - 1945 it was called Messerschmitt titch

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

which steak??

Ozzy steak....thai steak .....english steak....

YOU SHOULD SPELL CORRECTLY

STAKE STAKE STAKE IS correct spelling  !!!

I like such corrections: I call it education when someone can’t spell and someone helps them out. I know it’s frustrating when we miss an autocorrect or our own attempts at self editing let us down.

Then again, there are the unforgivable errors that include your instead of you’re, would of instead of would have. And don’t forget, not everyone here is a native speaker of English so let’s help out all of those who probably welcome these corrections.

Archived