Teaching Visa

Hi all,

I recently got a job in an International School in Thailand but I'm getting so confused with the paperwork for my visa. My new school asked me to send my current certificates my enhanced dbs is 4 years old.  (My most recent school didn't issue me a new one ) the school didn't say anything about it so I guessed it was fine. When looking at applying for a visa I saw it needed to be no more than 6 months old. I applied for an acro which I have but didn't realise that you can get an ICPC which is similar to an enhanced dbs.

Will I be able to get my visa with the acro? 

Should I apply for the ICPC as my dbs is old? I leave in 2 weeks so hopefully if I apply on Monday I can get it in time . 

My school seem very laid back about everything so it's hard to know what the expectations are. 

Please help me ease my mind!

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

The teacher forum has mainly other teachers and are better at the terminology. 

ICPS, DBS have no clue.... 

What's an acro and what does enhanced dbs mean? OMG. These acronyms in the wrong hands.....?‍♂️ Or is it a quiz? 

Should I apply for the ICPC as my dbs is old? I leave in 2 weeks so hopefully if I apply on Monday I can get it in time ."

Monday is a holiday, sir. 

When you apply for an ACRO through their website doesn't the certificate come in the form of an ICPC?

I am sure that is what mine looked like last year. I used that in Hull to get my Non - B. I did also have my DBS from my school there but either is fine. 

Archived