BANGKOK
chrissables

Motorbike travel around Vietnam......again

Fantastic photos!  Truly inspiring trip.  Thanks.

Any problems with the bike,  punctures or the like on the over 12,000km journey?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Fantastic photos!  Truly inspiring trip.  Thanks.

Any problems with the bike,  punctures or the like on the over 12,000km journey?

Thanks ?

No, just the uncomfortable seat.  Everything else was good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrissables said:

If i go again, which i think i will, i would rent an off road style bike Honda CRF style, but only for comfort, i suffered a lot on the small bike seat even though i had it altered.

I can imagine. 

My backside hurts after 30-40kms on a comfy PCX. Biker friend tells me you get used to it, but I'm too long in the tooth to care to find out....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

I can imagine. 

My backside hurts after 30-40kms on a comfy PCX. Biker friend tells me you get used to it, but I'm too long in the tooth to care to find out....

It takes time and is not nice ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

VN is more beautiful (scenic) than Thailand and I was on the main road between Hanoi and HCMC...your photos show off the beautiful landscape when you get off the main road...more opportunities for living unhassled (immigration) and for working and I was thinking of a move there either to Hanoi or the north central coast where I've lived before...I'm fortunate to have local friends there from when I've worked there in the past...but certain times of the year ye gotta watch them typhoons comin' off the south china sea...the big storms do a lot of damage both in coastal areas and inland...

Yes, in the north thay have had a lot of problems with the rains this year.

14 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

VN is more beautiful (scenic) than Thailand and I was on the main road between Hanoi and HCMC...your photos show off the beautiful landscape when you get off the main road...more opportunities for living unhassled (immigration) and for working and I was thinking of a move there either to Hanoi or the north central coast where I've lived before...I'm fortunate to have local friends there from when I've worked there in the past...but certain times of the year ye gotta watch them typhoons comin' off the south china sea...the big storms do a lot of damage both in coastal areas and inland...

Is VN up to date with the internet scene ? quite important consideration to me . I am guessing that you would have to be close to a modern town ?

32 minutes ago, superal said:

Is VN up to date with the internet scene ? quite important consideration to me . I am guessing that you would have to be close to a modern town ?

Very good everywhere i went, and i went to so many places, remote and towns also.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Very good everywhere i went, and i went to so many places, remote and towns also.

14 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Pleasantly surprised

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

you've got a bunch more "likes"....... pretty much every post with photos.......

As per usual, stunning photos and write up, absolute top, great trip report. Envious.

Pity you can't take your Rally in on a trip like that - would give it a good work out and seems pretty perfick for an adventure like you've ridden. So they have CRF's in VN for rent? Seems the way to go next time.

Re sore arse - over 12k in 2 months you can't escape it on anything bar a Gold Wing type armchair blob, but they aint very practical down a goat track or downtown Saigon... Check a company called Air Hawk out - they make these removable gel seat cover/pads, might be worth a punt on your next long trip.

Kudos!!!

Regards,

TG.

Edit - just read the rental company's website. Thanx for that, informative and interesting. The dual sport option is an XR150 at double the cost ($20) of a step thru.

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

Great story, I live in Vietnam 3 months a year and haven't done a ride such as this.  Will rectify that next year with the Motorcycle Tour Company  - 75 days thru out the country  - I like structure and their tours are well organized...........Thanx for the inspiration!!!:wai:

Would you please send me a PM to that tour company ?   Thanks a lot.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:09 AM, chrissables said:

If you want to start a business you need a Vietnamese partner

No you don't.

Foreigners can own 100% of a company.