Jump to content

Motorbike travel around Vietnam......again


Recommended Posts

On 7/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, superal said:

Is VN up to date with the internet scene ? quite important consideration to me . I am guessing that you would have to be close to a modern town ?

Internet on a 4G 'phone / tablet connection is both reliable and very cheap

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another long ride around Vietnam on a motorbike. Originally i was going to Cambodia but decided on a repeat trip, trying new roads to me.   Day 1. Sunday 15 April. I arrived at Saigon e

Day 9. 23 April 43km I stayed local today, more so than planned. I intended to ride to the view point near the top of Lang Biang Mountain, but they had decided that independent riding to the top

Day 61. 14 June Xin Man to Dong Van. 10 hrs 295 km. There was light drizzle and bad roads for the first 100 km, but with great views again. In Ha Giang heavy rain.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No you don't.

 

Foreigners can own 100% of a company.

I was making a general comment, it depends on the business you want, and i am sure there are loopholes.

For the tourism industry you do need a Vietnamese partner. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 3:08 PM, chrissables said:

I was making a general comment, it depends on the business you want, and i am sure there are loopholes.

For the tourism industry you do need a Vietnamese partner. 

 

There's no need for loopholes, it's not Thailand.

 

There are some "conditional" areas of investment for foreigners which affect national interests (defence, security, banking, etc.) but none that are prohibited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's no need for loopholes, it's not Thailand.

 

There are some "conditional" areas of investment for foreigners which affect national interests (defence, security, banking, etc.) but none that are prohibited.

Take a look here......

 

https://emerhub.com/vietnam/7-common-mistakes-prevent-set-company-vietnam/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 3:40 PM, chrissables said:

"The first misunderstanding regarding foreign investment companies in Vietnam is thinking that you must have a local associate."

 

and

 

"In reality, you can set up a 100% foreign-owned company in a lot of industries."

 

Which is what I said in the first place

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

"The first misunderstanding regarding foreign investment companies in Vietnam is thinking that you must have a local associate."

 

and

 

"In reality, you can set up a 100% foreign-owned company in a lot of industries."

 

Which is what I said in the first place

Go start your own thread on this.

 

I stated a fact, which is born out in the article. The tourist industry you need a partner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chrissables said:

Go start your own thread on this.

 

I stated a fact, which is born out in the article. The tourist industry you need a partner.

You didn't mention the tourist industry initially, you said

 

"If you want to start a business you need a Vietnamese partner,"

 

In post #35.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

 

<deleted>!

 

I wrote this to clarify my initial statement, as you full well know......

 

"I was making a general comment, it depends on the business you want, and i am sure there are loopholes.

For the tourism industry you do need a Vietnamese partner."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, chrissables said:

<deleted>!

 

I wrote this to clarify my initial statement, as you full well know......

 

"I was making a general comment, it depends on the business you want, and i am sure there are loopholes.

For the tourism industry you do need a Vietnamese partner."

 

 

"In general" foreigners can own a business 100%, and without the need for loopholes.

 

However there are some certain restrictions on a few (not in general which implies a majority) businesses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

"In general" foreigners can own a business 100%, and without the need for loopholes.

 

However there are some certain restrictions on a few (not in general which implies a majority) businesses.

Go lurk another place.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...