Video: Motorist killed as he flies through the air and is then crushed by pick-up

rooster59

Video: Motorist killed as he flies through the air and is then crushed by pick-up

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTQ2Ny83MzM4MDE0L25ld3MwNy0xLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Graphic dash cam footage from Bangkok Friday showed the moment a man was hurled in the air from the elevated section of the Boromratchachonnanee expressway onto the roadway below. 

He was then immediately run over by a pick-up. He died instantly at the scene. 

Up on the expressway he had stopped after his Vios developed engine trouble. He had turned on the hazard lights and pulled over to the left and had opened the hood to investigate the trouble. 

But a Honda went into the back of his vehicle and then a pick-up collided with that propelling the unfortunate man to his death below. 

Thammasals police are investigating the accident that occurred about 1.30pm on Friday. 

The man was not named in the Sanook story.

Warning: This video has graphic footage

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-28

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

Probably the Honda was undertaking to the left,then hit the parked vios,nothing surprises me here anymore ,yesterday i saw to maybe 13 year old girls overtake a pickup clearly indicating right,they missed him by an inch,did they even know i wonder what an indicator means,i passed them further down the road both chatting and giggling,did they know they were an inch from possible death,i doubt it.

7 minutes ago, balo said:

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

Note to self.In the interest of survival open fire on any vehicle approaching within 200 metres as the idiots will not stop without drastic intervention.

Until they stop the use of the "hard  shoulder" for anything except emergencies......................nowt will change.

Every time theres  traffic they all start to use it as they are too lazy /self important to wait.

A total lack of  attention at the wheel is  the main cause.................they  will spout  speeding in every case and its  really NOT the cause, this will justify all their stupid speed  cameras but more importantly  give them a nice revenue  stream.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

Nope the Thai audience will lap that up guaranteed

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP.

It was much worse a couple of years ago. You had to put the newspapers flat on a table to prevent the blood from the photo footage runs out.

RIP.

I also think, someone should have givin' it a second thought before writing the last line:

"The man was not named in the Sanook story."

RIP.

Well they showed the body of a woman tied to the train tracks, end on, and split in half lengthwise by a train....

Eventually they started blurring it,  but this fly through the air shot is mild for local standards of propriety... sadly.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP.

I do understand where you are coming from darksidedog but, first, give someone some credit for editing out the man hitting the ground and being run over and, second, these horrendous examples of Thais inability to drive responsibly need to be dramatically publicised if the roads are to become a safer place.   The guy seems to have done the right thing up on highway.   The Honda and the pickup drivers have some explaining to do.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Probably the Honda was undertaking to the left,then hit the parked vios,nothing surprises me here anymore ,yesterday i saw to maybe 13 year old girls overtake a pickup clearly indicating right,they missed him by an inch,did they even know i wonder what an indicator means,i passed them further down the road both chatting and giggling,did they know they were an inch from possible death,i doubt it.

In Thailand the indicator light is used to inform the road users of the last move the driver made.   

There should be a requirement that indicators switch off automatically after a given number of seconds or distance travelled.   Can't be difficult.   After all, car alarms switch off after a period of time.

This is truly awful. 

Was in the car yesterday and a pick up undertook us in the hard shoulder. The pick up was absolutely bombing it: Then the driver went across three lanes to the exit on the right. Zero thought process or forward thinking. That driver should be in prison now. 

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I always like how cars or bikes pass me with 60 - 120 km an hour with me walking on same rd giving me only 5 cm of space anticipating its not a common thing here.

EXACTLY! To help to sort out a car here, mother in law there and me somewhere else problem a few years ago, I drove the family motorbike the 5 km to the local town. I have never driven a motorbike here again. I was taught to drive my car by leaving a full door's width between my car and any pedestrian/motorcycle I might encounter. That doesn't happen here does it?

The only saving grace for this poor man is that his lights went out very quickly.

And no mention in any of this whether the police arrested or even detained the driver of the car that hit the guy and the car that had broken down??

Parked in the inside lane with hood up and hazard lights on, and still gets nailed.... And obviously in the middle of the day, not even night or a time of reduced visibility.

I remember just last week i was in the turn right lane turning right and got hit by a stupid truck in the middle lane that clearly says go straight only. He decided to do a u turn straight into me without even looking, luckily i sped up and beeped horn like crazy otherwise would have ended up under a tyre instead of getting hit by the front. 

The thing that really got me was he could not have cared less. This guy never asked me if i was ok or if my bike was ok just pointed at the road yelling something in thai, he was more worried about being late to his work then whether I was ok. 2 more thais in cars pulled up and tried to tell me I was in the wrong and truck can do what it wants, Until thais learn the road rules and until they start to actually care about human life then this crazyness on the road will never end. 

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I always like how cars or bikes pass me with 60 - 120 km an hour with me walking on same rd giving me only 5 cm of space anticipating its not a common thing here.

Better don't walk there !

Also seems to be only place in the WORLD where Pedestrians appear to be obliged to STOP mid-way, while using a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING.

Even at Big-C & Tesco/Lotus, PEDESTRIANS seem required to allow  Cars, Trucks Mtr. Bikes to have “right of way.”

As for Pedestrian Crossings on ROADS... I’m convinced they are there to enable DRIVERS to “Line up the victims” and MOW ‘Em DOWN.” 

Archived