Video: Motorist killed as he flies through the air and is then crushed by pick-up

rooster59

I'm not a five-year-old. It was posted here; I want to see what happened. There's nothing insane about that. 

Here, let me show you this video of a guy high-diving into a wading pool or water...oh, sorry, we froze the video just before he hits...I don't think so. 

So where is the link? I assume it's in Thai somewhere. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, balo said:

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

better yet dont stop even if the engine is locking up until your in a safe place.  

8 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Terrible. I imagine the driver of the Honda was being a complete retard. 

I wonder if the two following drivers were either under the influence of drink, drugs or using their phone.  The guy was stationery probably misty off the road with hazard flashers on.  They were obviously not paying attention, in particular the Honda driver.  "Drive in such a manner that you can stop completely in half the clear road ahead "  Very sad. To the strains of Glen Frey'a "Dirty Laundry. "   Poor family !!!!

I went for driving lessons in the uk and one of the things you learn if broken down  on a motorway is to leave and find a safe place until the rescue/recovery services come.not get out on a high speed road and rely on the hazard lights and go hide behind the bonnet (hood). Must say it was a horrible way to die but as usual Thai don't ever see things coming especially in this case and I mean all of the drivers in this case.

5 hours ago, MrMo said:

I do understand where you are coming from darksidedog but, first, give someone some credit for editing out the man hitting the ground and being run over and, second, these horrendous examples of Thais inability to drive responsibly need to be dramatically publicised if the roads are to become a safer place.   The guy seems to have done the right thing up on highway.   The Honda and the pickup drivers have some explaining to do.

In Thailand the indicator light is used to inform the road users of the last move the driver made.   

There should be a requirement that indicators switch off automatically after a given number of seconds or distance travelled.   Can't be difficult.   After all, car alarms switch off after a period of time.

Car lights manage to switch off

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thai Visa had absolutely no say in the matter. But you would know that if you had read the rules. Here is the relevant excerpt. You will note we have no right to edit, so we get what comes. Part of the deal to get the news feed in the first place.

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.
You should probably also read the section on commenting about moderation. It explains why your last post just got deleted. For your convenience it is here:
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

It's not TV that I criticized but you! :jap:
The fact that TV also shows this video to thousands of people "made me think" that it would have been wiser for you not to expressed your self as you did but it is only my opinion that very logically other will not share. And it's life and disagreeing with someone does not mean disrespecting him. In any case that's how I see things

To go further one should be able to be for a political party opposite to that of one's neighbour while keeping a good relationship with him, but impossible for some people, not for me so maybe tomorrow I will klick a "like" for an answer of you :smile: 

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

Yes, totally agree - what should have been focused on was the accident on the bridge which was the triggering factor  - the rest could advantageously be left over for the imagination….

RIP 

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I'm not a five-year-old. It was posted here; I want to see what happened. There's nothing insane about that. 

Here, let me show you this video of a guy high-diving into a wading pool or water...oh, sorry, we froze the video just before he hits...I don't think so. 

https://www.sanook.com/news/7338014/

58 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

It's not TV that I criticized but you! :jap:
The fact that TV also shows this video to thousands of people "made me think" that it would have been wiser for you not to expressed your self as you did but it is only my opinion that very logically other will not share. And it's life and disagreeing with someone does not mean disrespecting him. In any case that's how I see things

To go further one should be able to be for a political party opposite to that of one's neighbour while keeping a good relationship with him, but impossible for some people, not for me so maybe tomorrow I will klick a "like" for an answer of you :smile: 

Are you suggesting that if I see a story on this forum that I think should have been presented better, that I should just shut my mouth? Because I moderate? I am entitled to my opinion, and will voice it as I see fit. I recognise the right for others to do the same, regardless of if their view is different to mine. But please don't suggest for one second, that I have any power whatsoever in what TV do and don't use as news stories. I have explained that to you already and they cannot refuse or edit news stories. That should be easy to understand.

I would only be a hypocrite if I thought one thing, but said another. Other posters have the right to make their views on what is right and wrong, so moderators should also have that right, thanks! And if that flies in the face of what TV News post, so be it.

I have complained bitterly about some stories run, but they get run anyway. I will make my comment on such pieces known and I frankly don't care if you, or any other posters agree with me or not. You can criticise me as much as you like, but I am entitled to my opinion. I thought the video, albeit abbreviated was in bad taste. Not actually sure how you linked that content, over which I had no control, back to criticise my negative view on it?

10 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Terrible. I imagine the driver of the Honda was being a complete retard. 

It has been a very long time since Retards have been useful in society 

image.jpeg.1ee68fc15b75543760dfbaacf7cc43c3.jpeg

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

So, as a moderator on this forum, why didn't you delete the video?

Why didn't this site show "a little bit of decency and respect for the dead"?

7 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

the protocols followed have been repeatedly explained throughout this thread.

You'll find your answers, if you go back and read all Posts... 

WYSIWYG

10 hours ago, balo said:

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

He would have been rekt by staying in the car too from the sounds of it....... 

The two drivers that were going too fast to avoid his car should be responsible 

21 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

I am getting a little tired of people who clearly do not know the rules of this forum, question me about them.

Thai Visa receives a set amount of stories per day from various sources. Which must be presented as delivered.

Thai Visa has to run with it, spelling mistakes, nastiness and all.

What exactly makes you think that I, as a moderator have the right to remove content published by the news team?

Because I don't. I can only comment on it, same as you.

This site got what it was contractually bound to receive. The decency and respect stuff I referred to needs to come from the broadcaster, which isn't TV Forum.

If you require further education on how the whole thing works, I refer you to the rules you agreed to when you joined.

If you had read them before posting, your questions would have been unnecessary.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

4 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I don't see anyone getting crushed by a pick-up. 

I see a man who gets suspended in air just before he hits the ground. Perhaps that also suspended his heart and organs too? 

Does anyone have any source for a video that actually shows what the headline describes? 

Try the link, that's what links are there for.

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

It's at the end of the OP, in English, geez..

38 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

Everybody should be able to make their own mind up whether they view it or not, you had that choice, you obviously chose to watch it.

Archived