Video: Motorist killed as he flies through the air and is then crushed by pick-up

rooster59

17 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I am getting a little tired of people who clearly do not know the rules of this forum, question me about them.

Thai Visa receives a set amount of stories per day from various sources. Which must be presented as delivered.

Thai Visa has to run with it, spelling mistakes, nastiness and all.

What exactly makes you think that I, as a moderator have the right to remove content published by the news team?

Because I don't. I can only comment on it, same as you.

This site got what it was contractually bound to receive. The decency and respect stuff I referred to needs to come from the broadcaster, which isn't TV Forum.

If you require further education on how the whole thing works, I refer you to the rules you agreed to when you joined.

If you had read them before posting, your questions would have been unnecessary.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

Fair enough, as far as your role as a moderator is concerned.

But is this site not complicit in the behaviour you decried, regardless of contractual obligations?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve done more than 100.000 km
on big bike in Thailand, from north to south and east to west.
Got killed almost twice just on my way back home to my family the last 30 km.
Now I stopped. Instead I do prefer to spend the money and time for proper holiday with my son (4years) and wife in a kids friendly resort and traveling by a truck.
Do I miss my wild bike trips?
YES!
But a father needs to set priorities.

2 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

I agree, but the mod in question didn't see it that way.

I disagree.

The mod in question outlined the policies of TV very well and I do not see it as an issue.

I guess the video is so disturbing that it has got everyone very upset.It certainly has upset me.

Pax-I am not after a fight.

3 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

Fair enough, as far as your role as a moderator is concerned.

But is this site not complicit in the behaviour you decried, regardless of contractual obligations?

RE - But is this site not complicit in the behaviour you decried, regardless of contractual obligations?

....as much as all the humans can be held accountable for everything that happen on the planet earth at all time...:whistling:

11 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Probably the Honda was undertaking to the left,then hit the parked vios,nothing surprises me here anymore ,yesterday i saw to maybe 13 year old girls overtake a pickup clearly indicating right,they missed him by an inch,did they even know i wonder what an indicator means,i passed them further down the road both chatting and giggling,did they know they were an inch from possible death,i doubt it.

At that age its best left as a surprise 

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

They didn't show his moment of death, just his flight until before he landed... and there was no way to identify him from the video, so no harm was done. Showing this could save lives in future.

Your sensibilities remind me of the public reaction to "the falling man" from the World Trade Center. US publications banned the photo, thereby hiding the truth from the public.

11 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Probably the Honda was undertaking to the left,then hit the parked vios,nothing surprises me here anymore ,yesterday i saw to maybe 13 year old girls overtake a pickup clearly indicating right,they missed him by an inch,did they even know i wonder what an indicator means,i passed them further down the road both chatting and giggling,did they know they were an inch from possible death,i doubt it.

... approx two months ago the same scenario happened while I was turning right at a slow speed due to a new carriageway being constructed. The guy on the motorcycle who suffered from 3 broken ribs, and a punctured lung, since been discharged and his blood alcohol level / blood test shows he was DUI, his partner on the back suffered luckerly as she was wearing no helmet a hairline fracture of the pelvis. 

Funnything is the Police are still insisting it was my fault, no expaination from the investingating ‘Police Captain’ to say that the guy should never of been on the road due to DUI, and due to his DUI had made a ridiculous manuovre for whatever reason went through his mind. 

However if he or his partner also would of died, then what? 

( ... they have a 3 year old boy). 

3 minutes ago, mindfulness said:

... approx two months ago the same scenario happened while I was turning right at a slow speed due to a new carriageway being constructed. The guy on the motorcycle who suffered from 3 broken ribs, and a punctured lung, since been discharged and his blood alcohol level / blood test shows he was DUI, his partner on the back suffered luckerly as she was wearing no helmet a hairline fracture of the pelvis. 

Funnything is the Police are still insisting it was my fault, no expaination from the investingating ‘Police Captain’ to say that the guy should never of been on the road due to DUI, and due to his DUI had made a ridiculous manuovre for whatever reason went through his mind. 

However if he or his partner also would of died, then what? 

( ... they have a 3 year old boy). 

If they had both died he would now be an orphan 

9 hours ago, HuaHinHim said:

Well Thais treat the breakdown lane as a regular lane. I’m surprised it doesn’t happen several times a day. Condolences to the victim. Truely tragic, wake up Thailand

If only he had cut down a piece of foliage and placed it behind his vehicle. This sad situation may never have arisen.

3 minutes ago, stereolab said:

If only he had cut down a piece of foliage and placed it behind his vehicle. This sad situation may never have arisen.

There is no foliage on the elevated expressway. 

This has been one of my major complaints with driving in Thailand.  Too often do others use the "emergency" lane, IE: The place you stop in case of an emergency, as a passing lane.  From the way this story is described, he did the right thing, stopped in the emergency lane but it seems other vehicles, at least two others, were traveling in that lane...

If you can't stop in the emergency lane, where can you stop?  I race cars at the track, I've had one accident in my life and guess where and with who?  One of those damned vans just north of BKK... I may not be a perfect driver but if someone who races as a hobby can't help but have an accident at times, the average driver here is in serious trouble.

9 hours ago, exemplary21 said:

I agree, but the mod in question didn't see it that way.

Jeez!  You really can't take criticism can you? 

Darksidedog has explained himself and the rules repeatedly.  Accept it and move on.

You continuing to post on this (what is now) non-issue, demonstrates a serious level of immaturity.

Grow up, move on.  Please!

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

Doubt it

14 hours ago, tropo said:

There is no foliage on the elevated expressway. 

Exactly! 

I live part time in India, and placing branches or foliage behind a broken down vehicle is common practice here too, albeit it does literally nothing to stop an accident from occurring, one wonders if there was actually a real warning sign placed on the road, whether it would help? or if the person placing the warning sign would just get run over whilst placing the sign?

5 hours ago, Megascott said:

Exactly! 

I live part time in India, and placing branches or foliage behind a broken down vehicle is common practice here too, albeit it does literally nothing to stop an accident from occurring, one wonders if there was actually a real warning sign placed on the road, whether it would help? or if the person placing the warning sign would just get run over whilst placing the sign?

It would have helped if the two Muppets had not been in the emergency lane in the first place

It would also have helped if after entering the emergency lane they were a bit more aware of what was in front of them

As this is Thailand he had no chance because if the first Muppet did not get him as actually happened then the second would have

I drive on that elevated road very often, no motorcycles are allow on it, cars usually go 100-120 km/hr on the elevated road, very dangerous for a motorcycle to be there. There is no side lane for cars to park if a car breaks down too.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:20 AM, darksidedog said:

RIP.

no chance of this in Thailand....they like gore, blood, and bits of flesh 

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

no chance of this in Thailand....they like gore, blood, and bits of flesh 

,,,again Thailand only…??...

The press rules all over the world has changed over the years "including" Thailand and it exist other countries that would have presented even the landing.... 

Archived