PHOTOS: Lucky escape for family of 8 after car bursts into flames in Hua Hin

Lucky escape for family of 8 after car bursts into flames in Hua Hin

s1.jpg

A family of eight were lucky to survive when their car burst into flames in Hua Hin on Saturday lunchtime.

The six adults and two children had been travelling from Hua Hin town centre to Wat Huay Mongkol temple when their white Ford Fiesta was struck by a ten wheel truck on the bypass road close the turning for the Hua Hin floating market at the far end of Soi 112.

The collision, which took place around 12.30pm forced the Fiesta off the road before it burst into flames.

Miraculously, all eight passengers were able to get out of the car.

Reports on social media said that it took fire crews more than an hour to put out the blaze.

The passengers were tended to by volunteers from the Sawang Hua Hin rescue foundation before being taken to hospital.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-28

s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg
s6.jpgs7.jpg

Are Ford Fiestas prone to catching fire?

A while back the infamous Jenphob, the auto parts scion, (one of those that don't do jail) crashed his Benz into a Fiesta and tragically cremated 2 young people.

These people are very lucky, maybe an auspicious day?

Many small cheaper vehicles have a tendancy to have the petrol 'parts' break in a front on collision - petrol and hot engine and cheap build - the fire/heat soon ruptures the tank and boom.

Putting out a petrol/oil/plastic fire with water in sandals, flammable clothing and bicycle helmets aint recommended 'best practice' ?

Truck driver:  "I got distracted, then fell asleep.  When I woke up, I was blinded from the sun.  It took a few moments to find and grab the steering wheel.  Then, after I sorted the gas pedal from the brake pedal, I realized I had brake failure."

Thai police are investigating to determine if the amulets and charms hanging in the front window of the truck are genuine and up to date.  The driver could be charged with No Mo Mojo and also be required to replace the ones in the burned Fiesta.

Just a rough guess but I'd say the truck was travelling too fast in the outside lane came up on the Fiesta, which was also travelling in outside lane and going slow, too fast to be able to stop. One of the many problems with Thai drivers is they like to travel in outside lane ignoring the signs that say keep left unless overtaking. Chareg both drivers with reckless driving 10.000thb fine loss of licence 10 years?????

Is it my eyesight, imagination or something else, but I swear the second picture shows the top of the cockpit of an alien spaceship on top of the burning car......maybe they landed too close to the lorry......:whistling:

Fiesta possibly running an LPG system...which may have ruptured on impact.....why they convert these little cars to gas makes no sense....not too many gasoline vehicles just burn like this.!

8 people in this little can is stupid at least!

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Is it my eyesight, imagination or something else, but I swear the second picture shows the top of the cockpit of an alien spaceship on top of the burning car......maybe they landed too close to the lorry......:whistling:

Yes and that car is black not white .  They are out there......................and only a few with a driving licence.

The Fiesta owner should be charged with overloading his car with 8 people.

The police should have done the charge the moment they arrived at the

scene.  No I forgot this is Amazing Thailand and no one will get charged for

this infraction. Shame on the illegal government in charge, and shame on

Thailands police forces, All of them.

How many of these small cars, if still on gasoline, are fitted with inertia cut off switches for the fuel pump?

Fuel pressures are surprisingly high in todays injection systems. One cracked fuel line and the gasoline is spraying out, not dripping out, until the electric system is off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, observer90210 said:

Better have your own basic fire fighting logistics at hand,  either at home or in a vehicule,  if you don't want to end up in a barbeque....sad but somewhat true....

Rare but in my 40 years of driving and working on cars, I have had two fires.  One under my hood when while doing a tuneup and checking the fuel pump as I cranked the engine things caught on fire.  A few squirts with the small extinguisher I had clipped under the dash board put that out.  Another time me and friend were driving about and came upon a car smoking and just starting to burn.  The guys starter motor had gotten stuck engaged after the enginee had started and was flaming away.  We managed to pull some wires and got the engine to stop got the the battery disconnected and we sprayed out the fire.  I always have an extinguisher in my car.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:03 AM, Aussie69 said:

They are when packed with 8 people and the cars suspension is compressed so much it bottoms out on every slight bump in the road emoji23.png

Using data on the internet, I have computed that the

average weight of 5 US persons almost equals that

of 7 Thai average persons.

Considering that 2 of the passengers were children,

I don't think that the "compressed suspensions" had anything to do with it.

Archived