BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Lucky escape for family of 8 after car bursts into flames in Hua Hin

On 7/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, B T Justice said:

Let's not question  the fact that 8 people were traveling In a car designed for 5

That helped the evacuation as not everybody had to release themselves from a seatbelt

The Fiesta owner should be charged with overloading his car with 8 people.

The police should have done the charge the moment they arrived at the

scene.  No I forgot this is Amazing Thailand and no one will get charged for

this infraction. Shame on the illegal government in charge, and shame on

Thailands police forces, All of them.

How many of these small cars, if still on gasoline, are fitted with inertia cut off switches for the fuel pump?

Fuel pressures are surprisingly high in todays injection systems. One cracked fuel line and the gasoline is spraying out, not dripping out, until the electric system is off.

Are Ford Fiestas prone to catching fire?

They are when packed with 8 people and the cars suspension is compressed so much it bottoms out on every slight bump in the road [emoji23]

On 7/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, observer90210 said:

Better have your own basic fire fighting logistics at hand,  either at home or in a vehicule,  if you don't want to end up in a barbeque....sad but somewhat true....

Rare but in my 40 years of driving and working on cars, I have had two fires.  One under my hood when while doing a tuneup and checking the fuel pump as I cranked the engine things caught on fire.  A few squirts with the small extinguisher I had clipped under the dash board put that out.  Another time me and friend were driving about and came upon a car smoking and just starting to burn.  The guys starter motor had gotten stuck engaged after the enginee had started and was flaming away.  We managed to pull some wires and got the engine to stop got the the battery disconnected and we sprayed out the fire.  I always have an extinguisher in my car.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:03 AM, Aussie69 said:

They are when packed with 8 people and the cars suspension is compressed so much it bottoms out on every slight bump in the road emoji23.png

Using data on the internet, I have computed that the

average weight of 5 US persons almost equals that

of 7 Thai average persons.

Considering that 2 of the passengers were children,

I don't think that the "compressed suspensions" had anything to do with it.