Yamaha Grand Filano Hybrid

jackdd

5 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I like the Yamaha C3 Grand Piano a bit more.  The paint is a lot better.  As it should be for about $20,000 USD (used).

Well at least one person knows why the Yamaha logo is three tuning forks ????

Well at least one person knows why the Yamaha logo is three tuning forks [emoji39]

I had a YZ 50 in the late 70s, I also took piano lessons around the same time. So I know about the tuning forks [emoji4] Turns out the piano didn’t last but the motorcycle influence did. At home in Canada I ride a R1200GSA - here I love how quick the GFH is off the line [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603] well, battery power is seamless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a 2X20km trip Friday on wife's Grand Filano, solo.

The scooter is very smooth and silent from the engine (good on a scooter), suspension firm but not uncomfortable.

The power is app 80% of my PCX150 but okay the Filano is not run in yet and I didn't want to trash it too much, I got it up to 90km/h without too much effort, the pcx is about 100km/h.

The fuel average on the LCD says 1.9l/100km at 70km on the odometer and the tank indicator still shows full. Okay the savings in baht if it was say 2.5l is minimal but still I like to use as little fuel as possible, avoiding visits to the pumps as much as possible.

At app 1.86cm I have to sit on the middle of the seat to fell fairly comfortable, pcx suits me better.

ABS on the front wheel is not working at very low speeds but seems to work fine when braking at speeds, I can lock the rear wheel with the hand brake if I want (solo). As on my Versys650, the ABS light is on when you start the engine but clear after a few meters riding.

Yamaha or Honda? Well I am not a brand bitch but I think the Filano is better made than the Scoppy we had before, the Scoppy after 6 years was rattling from the panels, engine noisy and felt overall tired. My pcx at about same age has fared much better. 

All in all a very good little scout from Yamaha, I am sure my wife will be happy with it.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:08 AM, canthai55 said:

My PCX gets 50km per litre

Why go to the extra expense, complication, and all the rest to save what ? A thimble full of fuel ?

Payback time as said above is a long time, and with cars, unless you trade in every year, battery replacement ain't cheap.

A solution looking for a problem in my eyes.

If I was to buy new today, NMax would be it.

Aerox 155 is king

• 3 weeks later...

Archived