Indian con artists arrested on Samui caught palming $100 bills

webfact

Indian con artists arrested on Samui caught palming $100 bills

20m.jpg

Thai TV Channel 7 featured the arrest of two Indian nationals who were ripping off exchanges on Koh Samui.

The Indians would bring 10 $100 dollar bills to be exchanged for Thai money. One would then ask to recount the US dollars and take out two from the bundle and surreptitiously replace them with one dollar bills.

Distraction was provided by the accomplice who would be next in the queue.

Passports shown on TV revealed them to be Chunnu Khan, 44 from West Bengal and an older man called just Bashir from Kamarhati.

Both men are in the custody of Bo Phut police.

Source: Channel 7

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-30

A well know trick practied by scammers and cheats worldwide....at my humble level I always try to quickly get an anticipation on how much change is to be given back when I am at a store.....and of course, if you are not paying with plastic, always good to have a good bundle of small denomimations.

Lol, reminds me of the time I got ripped for 100 UK pounds by a Delhi tuk-tuk driver who offered me a too good exchange rate; sat in the back of his tuk-tuk I accepted the rupees whilst he was driving, he’d purposely given me too much, asked me if it was ok, I said yes, gave him my sterling, he pulled over and said “let me wrap it for you, look my sleeves are rolled up, I’m not hiding anything”, in one fluid motion he gracefully took my roll of rupees and wrapped it in clear plastic right under my nose. Then it was “ok, you have to get out now sir, I’m scared of the police”... I got out, walked back to my hotel.... to discover a roll of couple of 100 rupee notes and the most expensive notepaper I’ve ever bought..25 years ago, no youtube scammer stuff then... learnt the hard way. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Lol, reminds me of the time I got ripped for 100 UK pounds by a Delhi tuk-tuk driver who offered me a too good exchange rate; sat in the back of his tuk-tuk I accepted the rupees whilst he was driving, he’d purposely given me too much, asked me if it was ok, I said yes, gave him my sterling, he pulled over and said “let me wrap it for you, look my sleeves are rolled up, I’m not hiding anything”, in one fluid motion he gracefully took my roll of rupees and wrapped it in clear plastic right under my nose. Then it was “ok, you have to get out now sir, I’m scared of the police”... I got out, walked back to my hotel.... to discover a roll of couple of 100 rupee notes and the most expensive notepaper I’ve ever bought..25 years ago, no youtube scammer stuff then... learnt the hard way. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

it's really common in bali at these little outside pavement money stands, best to use atm or bank all the others are a rip off 

13 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

I they gave the money the the cashier and then asked for it back would that make them Indian givers????

This would have been humourous (as well as being misplaced and a tad bigoted) if it had been written properly.

Archived