Couple gunned down in shadow of "Buddha Mountain" in Sattahip

webfact

Couple gunned down in shadow of "Buddha Mountain" in Sattahip

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A young Bangkok couple were executed in the car park of Khao Chi Chan known as Buddha Mountain, a well-known tourist attraction near Pattaya.

Police are looking for the male driver of a Honda CRV who they believe murdered the couple.

Dead side by side at the scene on Sunday were Paweena Nameuangrak, 20, and twenty one year old Anantachai Jaritram.

Paweena had been hit four times by 9mm bullets and her boyfriend three times. Police found six shell casings and a lot of blood at the scene.

The couple were lying by a Toyota Innova car that the couple and two friends had rented for the day from a hotel where they were staying in South Pattaya.

Their two friends Worathep Masoongngern, 20 and Sayan Sreesuk, 43, were unhurt.

Noppadol Bunsamer, 33, said that the tourists had hired him to drive them around attractions in the Pattaya area. They had been to the floating market and Nong Nuch gardens and were about to go back to town.

The couple had just walked off to get a drink when shots rang out. Noppadol said he shrunk down in the driver's seat in fear.

Worathep said that the couple were high school sweethearts having met in M3 (Year 10). They had decided to go to Pattaya to celebrate Paweena's birthday on Saturday.

He said that many men were interested in Paweena as she was a very attractive woman.

Police suspect a love triangle and are looking for the driver of a red plate Honda CRV license number ก (gor) 5195 where the shots are believed to have come from.

Investigations continue.

Buddha Mountain is a popular tourist area where a large Buddhist image is carved into the mountainside.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-30

News little slow. They already caught the guy.

She was a coyote in Phuket, owner of the bar where she worked, was after her, in love with her

He gave her new mobile phone with gps tracker and followed them all around.

Shooter(bar owner) already arrested.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

She was a coyote in Phuket, owner of the bar where she worked, was after her, in love with her

Thanks for the update, it is a very sad world when someone can contemplate snuffing out 2 young lives just like that, how old was the guy (bar owner) ? Far too old for this young lady no doubt. sad sad sad. ?

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks for the update, it is a very sad world when someone can contemplate snuffing out 2 young lives just like that, how old was the guy (bar owner) ? Far too old for this young lady no doubt. sad sad sad. ?

no idea on his age, but not an old guy

10 hours ago, xraybaby said:

Good to see that the armchair detectives have got this case solved already - congratulations, guys.

Read BestB post wiseguy. You didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to guess the motive for this.

3 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:

He will be an old guy by the time he gets out of the slammer

Sadly Thai legal system, murder if he confesses is only 5 years, double murder would be around 10. Out in 7 for good behaviour or royal pardon 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Sadly Thai legal system, murder if he confesses is only 5 years, double murder would be around 10. Out in 7 for good behaviour or royal pardon 

As far as I am aware , Thais dont get let out for good behavior 

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As far as I am aware , Thais dont get let out for good behavior 

Yes they do. As well as royal pardon or a thick donation to the warden.

i personally know a girl who is getting out 2 years earlier in a 3 year sentence for good behaviour.So she only did 1 and a bit year instead of 3

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes they do. As well as royal pardon or a thick donation to the warden.

i personally know a girl who is getting out 2 years earlier in a 3 year sentence for good behaviour.So she only did 1 and a bit year instead of 3

That is for lesser offences , I didnt think that serious offences allow time off for good behavoir

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Yep, pretty much word on street down in Patong.

Guy is well known down here to Thais in Patong nightlife industry, generally disliked as did the sterotype bill padding and beating up customers who objected and general big mafia thing, though in his case maybe bit more true than most.

Heavily rumoured for a while now that he put another body in ground last year (thai male, again over woman) and got someone else to cop to it, case made the news but his name (but not bars) was kept out of it

Be interesting to see if he has another get out of jail card, especially as outside his normal stomping grounds

12 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:

He will be an old guy by the time he gets out of the slammer

I hope you are right but I'd suspect being a bar owner in Phuket he has connections that will serve him well.

39 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I hope you are right but I'd suspect being a bar owner in Phuket he has connections that will serve him well.

Depends where he would be tried . If in Pattaya , then his Phuket connections are useless 

Archived