Video: Possible tragedy averted as express train comes into Hua Hin station

webfact

Video: Possible tragedy averted as express train comes into Hua Hin station

10pm.jpg

Pictures (2) New TV

Thai media spoke to a man who took a video near Hua Hin station on Saturday that showed a pick-up truck crossing the tracks as the Thaksinarat 31 express neared.

Nanthawit Sonaya - who makes videos around the station - put up his hand to advise the pick-up to reverse as the train approached at speed.

10pm1.jpg

The crossing at this point near a golf course has no barrier just a sound warning.

Nanthawit said that tourists in the town on busy days were often crossing the tracks to find parking at the gold course and were oblivious to the danger. Often they could not hear the warning sounds inside their cars.

The video was widely shared on social media with NewTV saying in their headline "That was close!".

Source: New TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-30

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

The crossing at this point near a golf course has no barrier just a sound warning.

tourists in the town were often crossing the tracks . Often they could not hear the warning sounds inside their cars

What's wrong with their eyesight?

10 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Don't know if they'll ever get around to putting the hi speed in but I hope they do (with modern safety features along the route). Plus to get rid of that annoying karaoke bar near the tracks that forces me to close my condo doors every night lol. 

construction around Hua Hin and to the south has already begun. Elevated tracks.

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

construction around Hua Hin and to the south has already begun. Elevated tracks.

I've seen some that getting set up. The wife says many shops/bars on both sides of the tracks will have to vacate as they're renting/squatting on railroad property. Hope it's sooner than later. Then I can bitch on how  Hua Hin is much more crowded and busy on the weekends with Bangkok tourists.... lol

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I noticed the rebar towers around the area behind BluPort the other day and was surprised that they're going vertical.  Does anyone have a link to the final plan for the path through Hua Hin?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Often they could not hear the warning sounds inside their cars.

More than likely they blatantly ignore the advance warning road signs, not slowing down or proceeding with caution.

From what I've seen, the only barriers that prevent the stupid from driving across them when down, are the ones that have a metal framework below the barrier arm, continuing down to the ground.

Preventing passing on the wrong side of the carriageway is needed too, as vehicles often skirt onto the wrong side to get past when those half-carriageway barriers are down.

I suppose it's just natural selection at work/Darwin Awards contestants.

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

Good system adopted by the Thai Rail, sounds and NO lights, just how bloody stupid are Thai officials. Drivers equally to blame but honestly . No lights. 

There might have been the budget for it. But, well, you know.........

Can't fix stupid. It will take generations but I'm not very optimistic though.
Crossing while the sound and red lights on is just plain stupid.
They're always so much in a hurry once they're in a car and in real life so ridiculously slow and lazy.

Just now, my friend I said:

They need to do what they have done in Malaysia. No road crossing. Underpasses or overpasses only.

They have built some near Kuiburi.

Is that only on new railway track, or does that apply to existing track as well?

A good friend of mine from Sweden died there a number of years ago,

still have no idea why he missed seeing the train.

The train never stopped,just called to say they hit some body.

Don't know about that particular crossing, but many crossings are illegal and why should SRT bear the cost to put in a barrier, and often when they remove the illegal crossings and put up a fence there's outcry from the 'community' 

Archived