About buying a truck --- Ford or Isuzu or else

MadameM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

I would only buy Toyota or Isuzu in Thailand for reliability parts and service.  Possibly Ford or Mazda third choice.  Get your service done for ever by the good local agent who is more liable to remember to check all the little things that Somchai will skip over, to bite you in the but, later.  All overseas "backhome" preferences and loyalties fall second to local wisdom.

I vote she will want a BMW S.U.V.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:32 AM, sceadugenga said:

They've barely changed since I bought mine more than 12 years ago.... :cool:

That is why they are great for resale value.  They do not age.  Isuzu have over 35% of pickup market here and Toyota over 31%.  That means Ford Mazda Nissan Tata and Chevrolet etc share 33%.  Gotta be a reason for that.  We have a six year old Vigo and loved it.  Drove a sister in laws Isuzu recently and it is even nicer to drive than our Toyota.  Much softer riding. Isuzu next time for us.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:27 AM, The Deerhunter said:

I vote she will want a BMW S.U.V.

You wish!

I believe most girls prefer spending money on other things else than on cars -- particularly the expensive one! ☺️

12 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

That is why they are great for resale value.  They do not age.  Isuzu have over 35% of pickup market here and Toyota over 31%.  That means Ford Mazda Nissan Tata and Chevrolet etc share 33%.  Gotta be a reason for that.  We have a six year old Vigo and loved it.  Drove a sister in laws Isuzu recently and it is even nicer to drive than our Toyota.  Much softer riding. Isuzu next time for us.

I'm pretty much on Isuzu:

- Never use one

- "Ugly looking truck" someone said!

- Don't get much attention from Thai policemen -- I would love to be noticed as a common ezaan farmer ?

Posts like this is what TV members live for.   ( sorry, no way i am going to read through the 5 pages(so far) of rantings and ravings.   

Put all the answers in a hat, reach in an pick one.  THEN  go and buy whatever your husband wants cause

that's what you said anyway....

oiyyyyy    farangs !!

16 minutes ago, rumak said:

Posts like this is what TV members live for.   ( sorry, no way i am going to read through the 5 pages(so far) of rantings and ravings.   

Put all the answers in a hat, reach in an pick one.  THEN  go and buy whatever your husband wants cause

that's what you said anyway....

oiyyyyy    farangs !!

Never mind a woman's mind ?

Particularly when she's very old! And the husband may not have the power over it -- woman's mind, indeed.

Toward the end, I have to thank all the efforts helping me thinking. It's fun, and I'm humbly appreciated.

So, eenie, meenie, minie, mo....  and ru - nid - noi ka ?

9 hours ago, MadameM said:

I'm pretty much on Isuzu:

- Never use one

- "Ugly looking truck" someone said!

- Don't get much attention from Thai policemen -- I would love to be noticed as a common ezaan farmer ?

i have a 10 year old Toyota car........and a 20 year old Izusu pickup .  Best of both worlds !

As for Ford.......up to you.    but not for me !

Archived