BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadameM

About buying a truck --- Ford or Isuzu or else

31 minutes ago, Can samui said:

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Another point not mentioned so far as I can see is resale/trade in value. Ford suffers as their value off the lot drops farther and faster than others.

I have a F, but I suspect my next truck will be a Nissan - the new model is out this year. Great diesels and I like the way the look is progressing, but yet to see what the new model will look like.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

The Fords  have an all new engine in higher spec  models , Isuzu's quite an old pick up now.

This is true. The Isuzu is less refined but for sure they are battle tested reliable and the after sales service is pretty good. I'll wait and see with regards to reliability issues with the new engines on the ford but it is an exciting development! Now if they could just get theirshit together with regards to after sales service. Personally, we decided to go with the Revo. Best service/ reliability of the class and they hold their resale value. We just sold a 12 year old 4x4 Vego for 350k to a used car dealer. Cash on the spot. Try doing that with a ford.

Cars are in thailand adjusted to the market just as they are sdjusted to thr us market or australian or german or french or dutch.

I would recomment ford

Have had toyota isuzu and ford. 

Ford is to me no1 and followed by iszuzu.

All cars are adjusted to the market. But you are free to imoort one.

Not so difficult as long as you knkw how to maintain the car ans know your way aroubd to get spare parts.

13 hours ago, South said:

We've tried to help you. Forget what the previous posters have said. Tata, the way of the future. ?

A future without most of the safety gear which is standard on most other makes? No thanks. Tatas are cheap for a reason.

Isuzus just keep on keeping on. Dated motor and interior; however, reliability is # 1 for most buyers.

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

If your local Somchai can fix a new D-Max, then he can fix a new Ford...

I wouldn't trust our local Somchai to check the oil in either ?

My 2011 Ranger served me well, 170k on the clock when we passed it on to a local.

I wouldn't be adverse to an Isuzu either though... Any modern pick up is better than a Nissan March...

Nothing wrong with Nissan!

I had a new Nissan NV back in 1994, no trouble. Wife's car in UK was a Nissan Quashqi, 7 years no trouble. Would certainly consider a Nissan X-trail here for the next car if Mitsubishi don't come up with a better design than the current Pajero Sport. The Ford  Everest is too claustrophobic.

To answer the Op's question, friends speak highly of the Ford Ranger but, as has been noted, check out your local dealer, some are useless.

Clearly the only criteria to consider when buying a vehicle in Thailand is the Traffic Light Grand Prix ?

So why has nobody suggested the Mitsubishi Triton?

Gentlemen! You're wonderful, and I'm getting headache!

So, it'll be down to the female instinct -- how she feels like sitting in, driving, parking, backing up, drinking coffee in one hand, eating Kaw tom mud in the other (while driving-- of course); how her hubby sleep in the car; how her bunnies enjoy the ride ?

I'll have to feel and drive each of them -- Ford, Isuzu, Toyota, Nissan, Miszu.

I'll let you, gentlemen, know in 5 - 6 weeks.

Would you like putting on a bet now? ?

I would only buy Toyota or Isuzu in Thailand for reliability parts and service.  Possibly Ford or Mazda third choice.  Get your service done for ever by the good local agent who is more liable to remember to check all the little things that Somchai will skip over, to bite you in the but, later.  All overseas "backhome" preferences and loyalties fall second to local wisdom.

7 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Clearly the only criteria to consider when buying a vehicle in Thailand is the Traffic Light Grand Prix ?

So why has nobody suggested the Mitsubishi Triton?

Toyotas must come with a free pillow for the driver... That was embarrassing ?

21 hours ago, Can samui said:

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Or:

First ORace Day ?

On 7/31/2018 at 1:06 AM, South said:

We've tried to help you. Forget what the previous posters have said. Tata, the way of the future. ?

Good luck with a Tata...from experience...totally cheap crap

On 7/31/2018 at 10:37 AM, reenatinnakor said:

We have a Ranger 3.2 wildtrak for 3 years now and not a single rattle or thing wrong with it. Just the normal servicing. Had Isuzu before too and was fairly decent. You can't go wrong with either.

Just do not under any circumstances buy Chevrolet in Thailand and you'll be fine. Absolutely the worst vehicle I've ever had was a Chevrolet Captiva, things started to go wrong after 6 months and didn't stop until we sold it after 2 years.

Sent from my GEM-702L using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not a bit of problems from our Chevy Colorado in 3 years. Just oil and lube every 10000 km. The Fords are great looking though! I think it depends on what kind of an owner you are. Some like to trade every 2-3 years and some want to drive until the wheels fall off. Isuzu’s are ugly to me but every (most)Thai would vote for it!