Loose horses cause fatal bus crash in Phetchabun

webfact

1 hour ago, Jimbo1964 said:
  2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:
Only fools and horses would get on any bus hereemoji848.png

Stupid comment. So what do you recommend to people that have no car? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a play on words. Only fools and horses was an British comedy. 

Good question as when it comes to Thailand the trafic itself is considered as a Death Trap based on the statistics….

The options they have on a daily basis are mainly busses or behind on a pick-up så betweeen those 2 a bus statisticly is a safer option.

Good question as when it comes to Thailand the trafic itself is considered as a Death Trap based on the statistics….
The options they have on a daily basis are mainly busses or behind on a pick-up så betweeen those 2 a bus statisticly is a safer option.
Well, apologies if it was a word play.
But one should consider that here are many nationalities not aware of certain idioms or slang words.

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

It doesn't just happen in this country....Wild Deer are threats in many countries.

PS.... Can't see why the  reporter felt it was important to inform us that the bus was "air conditioned".

RIP....to the deceased.

Thats because not all buses in every other country are "air conditioned"

9 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Thats because not all buses in every other country are "air conditioned"

…. and because not all busses are airconditioned in Thailand either….:wai:

Bilderesultat for old thaibusses pics

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Stupid comment. So what do you recommend to people that have no car? Or want to reach a destination that has no Airport or Railway station?
I've used bus services of Transport Company (999 or Bor Sor Kor) and some of the better private companies and never had any issues.
By the way I rather hit a horse (or have any kind of accident) with a bus than a car.

Lighten up, just think of Del Boy, "Dave," and Uncle Albert plus the rest

I won't bemoan the many "70?" comments, but once again, regardless of age, HIT THE DAMN HORSES, not kill/injure your passengers, Oh yeah, driver would be hurt if he hit horses. Same in the US, hit the Moose/Deer, that's why you have air bags.

24 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

I won't bemoan the many "70?" comments, but once again, regardless of age, HIT THE DAMN HORSES, not kill/injure your passengers, Oh yeah, driver would be hurt if he hit horses. Same in the US, hit the Moose/Deer, that's why you have air bags.

If you hit properly you may as well get some extra horsepower for free or your grill labelled as a Ferrari….:whistling:

Ferrari Logo

Joke aside - yes, you have right. In some countries you are actually obligated by law to hit the animals on the street instead of trying to avoid them due to the risk through such an abrupt and critical maneuver may cause another accident involving other humans.

2 hours ago, travelman6 said:

You are not allowed to teach in Thailand, once you turn 70, but you are allowed to drive a tour bus ???  AMAZING Thailand.

Make sence to me - both of the professions (teaching/driving) in general have the purpose to bring other somewhere, the driver 70 yrs old bringing people from one place to another and doing so by up to date technology and the teacher 70 yrs old is prepearing the young generation and the nations future by more or less outdated knowledge and teaching technique….:whistling:

Never swerve unless u know into a 100% clear area- stay in straight line apply very firm braking not slam and brace for potential impact, .... a Fox pro-driver hgv 1:2/3 /lgv uk/Europe trained

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, car720 said:

I remember driving on that road to the west of Fitzroy Crossing one time and there were thousands of the buggers keeping warm on the shoulder late at night.  They get mesmerized by the headlights and don't move but as soon as you get level with them and the lights pass then they jump straight at you.  We were in a truck but I would hate to be in a car.

Best dim your lights slow down n they will hop away, My 15 years as Field Service Mechanic operating From Geraldton, Mt Magnet, Meekatharra. Mt Newman, Pt Hedland across to Top Price, Paraburdoo I bumped quite a few, some hopped into the side of the Landcruiser ran over a few but never hit them with full force,

it is still, in my opinion, a driving error if he had braked in a straight line he could have killed a horse but probably not a passenger and almost certainly very little or no injuries instead of those 26 injured people. And the car even bumped on the front would not be in such a state after living the road.

24 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

it is still, in my opinion, a driving error if he had braked in a straight line he could have killed a horse but probably not a passenger and almost certainly very little or no injuries instead of those 26 injured people. And the car even bumped on the front would not be in such a state after living the road.

Its quite normal and a human reflex to try to avoid hitting any living creature on the streets, BUT you may be liable if you make a move that cause harm to other motorists. For larger animals it may be different, but the rules vary from country to country:

Can I emergency stop for an animal?

You can stop for an animal, providing you don’t cause danger to any other motorists. 

If you swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting a small animal and cause an accident you’ll be liable. 

This applies to emergency stopping. The main rule is not to put other motorists in danger. So if you emergency stop and the car behind runs into you, you may be liable. 

However it could be argued that they may have been an improper distance away from you. It does all depend on the scenario. Generally though if you’re putting another motorist in danger, don’t emergency stop. 

Cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, dogs, goats are a different matter. The size of these animals could cause injury to yourself and passengers. And the size of them means that they are visible to other motorists. 

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/safety/animals-on-the-road

PSV drivers at age 70 should not be allowed

AND i am very displeased someone (ie an overly zealous moderator no doubt !!! )  has removed my original post which was NOT offensive just stating facts

In Europe PSV driver or truck drivers At age 70 are not allowed.. they should not be allowed here either!

Hit a Wombat (my avatar) at about 60 Kilometres per hour, damage to car  - one radiator, panel damage, steering damage, floor damage. Damage to Wombat NIL got up and walked away

On rural winding roads, some with steep cliffsides such as many parts of California, the thing to do is brake and stay on the road when deer or other animals are in the road.  Much better to hit the deer (except from the deer's point of view), then drive off the road.  In fact, when I was first stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base the new comer orientation briefing specifically stressed that. 

I think its a typo error here It was meant to be written as " Loose Cannons behind the steering wheel of bus causes accident Instead of Loose horses" But you are right what will they think of next for an excuse

16 hours ago, keefryan said:

Buses and coaches are designed with seatbelts , and an impact in the front would spare the passengers in the rear . Indeed it is recognised practice to apply the service brake to the maximum , utilising the ABS and hit any obstacle full on keeping as much control as possible and confining the impact to the front to minimise injury to the passengers behind 

...meanwhile, in Thailand.

Archived