Big Joke turns his attention to Samui pirates

snoop1130

Big Joke turns his attention to Samui pirates

1-_180801_0070-1024x683.jpg

Crime buster Big Joke and his men turned their attention to shops and a distribution network selling pirated goods on the holiday island of Koh Samui yesterday. 

Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal said he was following orders from Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to stamp out piracy. 

The deputy head of the tourist police was pictured on the TPB website surrounded by fake goods that were on sale at Chaweng Beach.

Some 7,000 items worth 2 million baht were seized at seven locations. Seven arrests were made. 

Shops were targeted as well as a warehouse. 

There were designer bags, shoes, clothing, sunglasses, belts and watches bearing fake names like Nike, Levis, Tommy Hilfiger, Ray Ban, Under Armour and Polo. 

Source: https://touristpolice.go.th/2018/08/01/แถลงข่าวผลการปฎิบัติกา/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-8-1

27 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

And all the big places would have been surprisingly closed yesterday I bet before he turned up . Odd that ! ?

Not at all, the pirates had urgent work to carry out on the high seas, stealing and plundering gold doubloons from the more law-abiding mercenaries.

It’s the pirate taxi mafia I’d go for first. and after that “instruct” Bangkok Airways to either share the airport with other carriers or lower their disgraceful monopoly prices. These 2 things need government intervention, and if the  tourist numbers drop for Samui , I would say they are the number one culprits , although these days people are generally not great at resisting overpricing . Samui is a rip-off and it’s just accepted. 

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I somehow can't help but suspect that none of it will get destroyed and will all be back on sale again shortly, one way or another.

The fact that no one is on the end of a 'synchronized point' leads me to the same conclusion.

Related image

Having a beer in the sportsman bar on Suk yesterday morning....outside were vendors openly selling fake watches, pens etc.

Thailand really doesn't give a fig about fakes....it's the darn foreigners that keep harping on about it!

They don't have to go look for pirated goods on the beaches in Chaweng when you certainly will find them in the night markets just outside. While in Koh Samui, maybe Big joke could target some of the taxi mafias operating in the islands and force them to start using their taxi-meters instead of ripping customers off with overly inflated rides. 

But we'll know how police eventually do their duties, they confiscate the goods and the seller buys them back from the police. In retrospect, nothing changes. 

Archived