Salad and dip recipes

tebee

My stepson is about the same weight as me (100kg) even though he plays quite a lot of sports, and has decided he needs to lose weight - we are both far too fond of the all-you-can-eat buffets. I need to lose some too! 

So I'm trying to do him some salads, but your basic lettice + tom + cucumber + one of(ham,chicken,tuna) gets boring quickly. Have thought about doing some nice dips to have with crudites, but not sure what I could do with local ingredients - we live out in the sticks with no easy access to western ingredients, though we do have a Makro nearby - I use their cheap mayo ( 60 baht for a liter)  a lot!   

Anyone got any suggestions for dips or salads I can make (ideally) cheaply and easily  in these  circumstances ?

Dip: Buy sour cream if available. Buy French's French Onion Dip mix (powder). Each cost less than 50 baht. The French's is available at Villa Market, Gourmet Foods, Rimping. Probably at Makro. Come in individual packets, so you could buy a lot on an occasional trip to a big city. Good dip for vegetables, crackers.

Archived