Expat volunteers in Chiang Mai denied visas in work permit standoff

snoop1130

15 hours ago, kannot said:

Better  still no religion the  only sensible choice, anything else is pure fantasy, all religion especially at an early  age is  CHILD  ABUSE but the world  has yet to see this.

I'd get beat up at school for asking the priests/nuns a question and then when I explained the bruises to my parents got beat up again.  I learned about abuse at an early age. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'd get beat up at school for asking the priests/nuns a question and then when I explained the bruises to my parents got beat up again.  I learned about abuse at an early age. 

Ah, as far as some religions go you leaving school with O level guilt is what they're aiming for.

Somehow they believe it makes you a better person.

Meanwhile the priests and nuns are banging each other or  banging some of the kids and doing their best to pass the guilt on to you.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, moontang said:

Kind of the opposite way it is done, where you chose to live.

Don't ask about the state I'm in

I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you

I might not give the answer that you want me too.

People are subscribed to this thread actually looking for a RELEVANT update on the original post, vs getting this cr** back-and-forth above. Give it a rest if you have nothing to add to any changes to the status of this topic....or better yet, go at each other on PM.

How many of these people volunteer in their home countries? There are plenty of very needy people where all these folks come from. But they wouldn't get all the fancy meals at the most expensive restaurants in Thailand would they? In Cambodia they called it the "NGO a GO GO"

(non governmental agency) for a darn good reason.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, GAZZPA said:

Although I am sure what you say is true about these 2 guys abusing the system it does not mean the immigration department should stop issuing visas. There are many people that abuse the system in many different roles, student visa springs to mind. I have some friends volunteering here, genuinely so. They are working for a charity organisation that houses abandoned babies until a home can be found. They get zero money from anyone, 100% volunteering their time. They both have valuable experience, 1 a retired teacher and the other a  retired social worker,,, however they are jumping through hoops and being pressed with questions as if they are criminals to get their visas and permits sorted out. 

To be honest I would not bother, instead if i wanted to help less fortunate I would go somewhere who welcomes you into their country and treats you with some respect,,, the unfortunate thing is the people who suffer in the end are the ones in most need of help, very sad, very stupid...

I don't see the experience value of a teacher in relation to house abandoned babies

I would be very surprised to learn of a christian outreach that didn’t have strings attached. Yes, some bring medicine, lollipops, and school supplies but all at the cost of being subject to their brainwashing. Believe in their hocus pocus! Proof that christian missionaries are manipulative, conniving, scammers. Either help people from your heart and allow them to maintain their unique culture or <deleted>@$ off arrogant ba$tard$. 

I would be very surprised to learn of a christian outreach that didn’t have strings attached. Yes, some bring medicine, lollipops, and school supplies but all at the cost of being subject to their brainwashing. Believe in their hocus pocus! Proof that christian missionaries are manipulative, conniving, scammers. Either help people from your heart and allow them to maintain their unique culture or @$ off arrogant ba$tard$. 
Agree 100%
Their agenda is not pretty or idealistic.

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

4 hours ago, chivo said:

I would be very surprised to learn of a christian outreach that didn’t have strings attached. Yes, some bring medicine, lollipops, and school supplies but all at the cost of being subject to their brainwashing. Believe in their hocus pocus! Proof that christian missionaries are manipulative, conniving, scammers. Either help people from your heart and allow them to maintain their unique culture or <deleted>@$ off arrogant ba$tard$. 

"Either help people from your heart and allow them to maintain their unique culture or <deleted>@$ off arrogant ba$tard$"

The Christian step programs likewise.

Lots of good from people helping other people, but the program also tries to get people to replace one crutch with another crutch.

The programs would be fine without the narcissistic religiosity.

Archived