A crime or a right? Some Danish Muslims defy face veil ban

webfact

5 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

All you have to do is read the mainstream press in the UK to know this is true; liberal and conservative press are reporting the same cases.

OMG... there ya have it... Just read what I read and you will know the Truth!! 55555555!!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So called "honour killings" (where daughters are murdered by parents or other family) are common in the UK; it's a Pakistani muslim speciality. Google it if you don't believe me, you will find numerous legal cases.

Cutting the clitorises off very young girls and babies (also known as Female Genital Mutilation) is a north African muslim speciality. It's also common in the UK. Google it if you don't believe me, you will find numerous legal cases.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I'll tell you what Bluespunk, try googling crimes committed by people in burkhas, then get back to me.

No. 

You're the one making these claims about veil wearing criminals. 

Back them up. 

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You are asking the impossible, There is that much crime in the UK that only the biggest crimes make the news. for minor crimes, there are many that go unsolved. I'll put something to you, you show me statistics that prove that there has been no crime committed by a Muslim woman in a burkha, perhaps working on the instructions of a Muslim man, or a Muslim man dressed as a woman in a burkha.

Any sensible person knows that crimes will be committed by people wearing burkhas  for obvious reasons, not necessary Muslims. 

Simple matter of including "facial covering" in police reports. Collect the data. Make an informed decision. Not rocket science.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m asking you to back up your defence of this ban. 

If you can’t then you shouldn’t make such claims. 

and I'm asking you, try and back up that crimes are not committed my anyone wearing burkhas.

Just now, possum1931 said:

and I'm asking you, try and back up that crimes are not committed my anyone wearing burkhas.

I never made that claim.

You are the one trying to deflect away from your original claim about veil wearing criminals. 

Back up your claims. 

Veils first please. 

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yeah, we get it. Little or no data readily available. So what to do? Make a factless decision or gather the data then make a decision?

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

You're the one making these claims about veil wearing criminals. 

Back them up. 

No??  of course you won't because there are things you will not want to read.

This debate is now over, we will just have to agree to disagree. I will not be answering any more posts on this.

Just now, possum1931 said:

No??  of course you won't because there are things you will not want to read.

This debate is now over, we will just have to agree to disagree. I will not be answering any more posts on this.

I read a lot. 

Not coming across stories backing your imaginary veil crime claims. 

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You are asking the impossible, There is that much crime in the UK that only the biggest crimes make the news. for minor crimes, there are many that go unsolved. I'll put something to you, you show me statistics that prove that there has been no crime committed by a Muslim woman in a burkha, perhaps working on the instructions of a Muslim man, or a Muslim man dressed as a woman in a burkha.

Any sensible person knows that crimes will be committed by people wearing burkhas  for obvious reasons, not necessary Muslims. 

The male muslim who killed two police women in the UK escaped by flying to the Middle East wearing a burka.

Funny really. A woman taking off a veil in the company of men who are not family members is committing a crime where many of the immigrants come from, punishable by stoning or beating by shariah law, though not to the point of death. So calling it "free choice" is disingenuous to say the least.

Anyone who has flown from Riyadh to London as often as I have will know that hiso Saudis don't give a monkey's about the full black face veil once they're over Europe.

They don't want to extend such liberties to the workers at home though do they.

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Apart from maybe Saudi Arabia, name one country that would jail you for having a bible in your luggage.

Try walking down a street in Iran or Irag with a bible and preaching to them with a hope of conversion. See how far you get.

I did hear they were going to join together and become known as Irate.

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

They want everyone to be forced into their way.

Nonsense. They do what they want, others what they want themselves. Nobody is forcing anything on others here.

Ironic when contrasted with the tourists from England upon meeting the indigenous people of the New World across the Atlantic.  That assimilation process went well. 

They displayed their bodies, favoring nudity and animal skins over proper English clothing.  They didn’t swaddle their babies and allowed their toddlers to run around naked. They had a habit of frequent bathing, exposing their nude bodies directly to the air and water—and to the view of others. And to top it off, they were a graceful, healthy, attractive people. As the Englishman John Josslyn, wrote, the women were “broad Breasted, [with] handsome straight Bodies, and slender . . . This attraction made them all the more dangerous to the Puritans; Indians, they knew, were a serious threat to the morals and piety of the Puritan community.

https://amybeldingbrown.wordpress.com/page/4/

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Try walking down a street in Iran or Irag with a bible and preaching to them with a hope of conversion. See how far you get.

If you want to lower yourself to the level of those countries, feel free.

I won't.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense. They do what they want, others what they want themselves. Nobody is forcing anything on others here.

Steve, women who take off their veil in the company of men who are not family members are committing a crime in many of their home countries. Calling it free choice and unforced is naive.

I am a lifelong liberal. Islam is the enemy of liberalism.

Just now, My Thai Life said:

Steve, women who take off their veil in the company of men who are not family members are committing a crime in many of their home countries. Calling it free choice and unforced is naive.

I am a lifelong liberal. Islam is the enemy of liberalism.

Which is not what we were talking about.

But if you want to continue there, as I said, if you want to lower yourself to the level of those countries, feel free. I won't.

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The male muslim who killed two police women in the UK escaped by flying to the Middle East wearing a burka.

Doesn't sound correct how can anyone pass through UK border control without showing their face if wearing a burka.

It is a requirement that Border Force Officers always establish the nationality and identity of all passengers.  Officers are requested that passengers wearing veils or other face coverings ask to remove the covering in order that they may be identified as the rightful holder of their passport or travel document

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-how-to-treat-women-wearing-clothing-that-covers-their-face

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

But if you want to continue there, as I said, if you want to lower yourself to the level of those countries, feel free. I won't.

Steve, surely you haven't missed my simple point. These women often come from a culture where it's a crime to take off their veil in the company of men who are not family.

For you to say muslim refugees or their children in Denmark wear the veil through free choice is naive. 

You are not helping them with this kind of thinking that encourages them to stay trapped in a mindset where women (and often men) can't vote; girls are killed for going to school; women can't work outside of the house.... etc etc etc.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

You can drink in Dubai. 

A blanket ban on citizens wearing a clothing item and a ban in a place of worship are not the same thing.

You can wear shorts in most places in Thailand, there is no blanket ban on wearing them. 

There are no bans, but there are requests, ie the DLT in Pattaya.

Not much sympathy from me for the slims on this sort of thing. If you go to a foreign country and take advantage of their hospitality and tolerance to allow you to stay and make a life, then you need to abide by their laws and customs without bringing incompatible BS baggage from whence you came. If you don't like it, then you know where the airports are...now then, that reminds me, where have I heard that sentiment often thrown around.

57 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

So called "honour killings" (where daughters are murdered by parents or other family) are common in the UK; it's a Pakistani muslim speciality. Google it if you don't believe me, you will find numerous legal cases.

Cutting the clitorises off very young girls and babies (also known as Female Genital Mutilation) is a north African muslim speciality. It's also common in the UK. Google it if you don't believe me, you will find numerous legal cases.

FGM is by no means just by Muslims.

http://www.stopfgmmideast.org/background/islam-or-culture/

2 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Not much sympathy from me for the slims on this sort of thing. If you go to a foreign country and take advantage of their hospitality and tolerance to allow you to stay then you need to abide by their laws and customs without bringing incompatible BS baggage from whence you came. If you don't like it, then you know where the airports are...now then, that reminds me, where have I heard that sentiment often thrown around.

These people protesting are Danish citizens. 

12 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Steve, surely you haven't missed my simple point. These women often come from a culture where it's a crime to take off their veil in the company of men who are not family.

For you to say muslim refugees or their children in Denmark wear the veil through free choice is naive. 

You are not helping them with this kind of thinking that encourages them to stay trapped in a mindset where women (and often men) can't vote; girls are killed for going to school; women can't work outside of the house.... etc etc etc.

Making it up as you go.

I did not say it was their free choice, I said I have not made up my mind regarding this. What I did say is they have the right to protest, and that judging citizenship based on religion, ethnicity and/or colour is simply wrong.

40 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And that has exactly what to do with the original inane statement?

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I remember the case of the Somalian who shot and killed a wpc in Bradford, it states he was believed to have fled the country wearing a muslim veil.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1537414/Murder-suspect-fled-under-Muslim-veil.html

2006 article, border patrol has changed since.

That is all you guys can come up with?

Archived