Pattaya condo feud: Foreigner flees as he says press were not invited

webfact

Pattaya condo feud: Foreigner flees as he says press were not invited

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A meeting held to address residents' concerns about a new condo built nearby ended in chaos yesterday as the press were told they were not welcome.

The feud reported in Thaivisa in July involves a group of "European and Scandinavian" residents in five houses at Grand Thanyawan Home 2 near the recently constructed Arcadia Beach Resort.

The residents have said their lives are a misery with noise and damage caused to their walls and flooring after the construction of the towering Arcadia.

Yesterday Sanook reported that a delegation arrived from the Arcadia to talk to the residents.

It was headed by a "dignified foreign man" who appeared to be in charge. He arrived with a Thai woman and a Thai man both aged about 30.

But when the foreigner saw the press waiting he was anything but dignified as angry pointing ensued.

He clammed up and said: "If the press are here then we're not talking".

After saying it was now a legal matter the foreigner and the Thais fled the scene.

Sanook reported that the residents have spent a lot of money on lawyers in fighting their case.

They have even been called "stupid" for buying houses in that area by the Arcadia management, they claimed.

They say they came first and are entitled to compensation and consideration after spending millions of baht on their properties.

An organisation called Scandinavians Helping Center agree with them and have stepped in with offers of legal help to aid the residents in their fight.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-03

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

They say they came first and are entitled to compensation and consideration after spending millions of baht on their properties

Yeah well, not in Thailand where a construction permit will be given to anyone and everyone without any considerations to existing dwellings already around and good luck to anyone who will try to fight it paying lawyers and court fees for nothing,

here in Thailand it's like a crap shoot when you buy a place to live not knowing who's and when your time will be up and someone will build a monstrocity on top your head working long hours 7 days a week.....

Once again, my point is proved!  The purchase of property in Thailand is not a good idea for Farangs!  At least if you rent you can move at the end of your lease.  Once purchased, property is and will be hard to sell.

?

Good to trash these journashit... They are like rats trying to buzz anyway they can, especially in Thailand, coward rats, because they of course do not report anything about government or anything unsafe for them...

3 hours ago, wombat said:

what does the distinguished gentleman have to hide, not wanting his mug shot out there in cyber land?

Perhaps you may investigate and share your findings.

9 hours ago, rtco said:

There are some actually although they are hard to spot amongst all the sexpats, pi**heads and scammers. 

The so-called "dignified" ones often end up doing a moonlight flit with a load of other people's money.

Endless proof of this in old news reports.

An advantage of sexpats and drunkards is that at least you know exactly what they are here for.

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah well, not in Thailand where a construction permit will be given to anyone and everyone without any considerations to existing dwellings already around and good luck to anyone who will try to fight it paying lawyers and court fees for nothing,

here in Thailand it's like a crap shoot when you buy a place to live not knowing who's and when your time will be up and someone will build a monstrocity on top your head working long hours 7 days a week.....

That is spot on. On 2 building sites (one highrise, one 6 floor condo) near where I used to live they were doing all night concrete pours, often until 4 am.  

9 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Once again, my point is proved!  The purchase of property in Thailand is not a good idea for Farangs!  At least if you rent you can move at the end of your lease.  Once purchased, property is and will be hard to sell.

?

Why would you have to wait until the end of your lease to move, if you rent? All you can lose is your deposit, which would be a trivial loss compared to the alternative of living next to a construction site for at least 2 years or more.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

They say they came first and are entitled to compensation and consideration after spending millions of baht on their properties.

I can only say stupid Scandinavians if they think they can complain about construction noise in Thailand.  

I bought Paradise condo in Soi Watboon , but it was for investment only , stayed there myself for 6 months and then another condo project next door started and everyone complained but mai pen rai , just live with it or move.  I sold the unit with profit after the nearby construction were finished. 

My advise is just be patient until they are finished.  Rent in another place for a year and move back if you really like that condo so much . 

Spending 100k on corrupted Thai lawyers is not a good idea. 

Most europeans have heeded to the message to not buy property in Thailand. The law is swayed too much in favor of Thais, and there is no ownership of land, and rights are almost non-existent. 

My advise is just rent, its hassle-free, and certainly cheaper in the long-run if something goes wrong.

19 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

?

Your point is moot for some like me. I bought my home for 1.2 million (not that much as at that point i did not have the income I have now). I bought it when the Euro was high so I already win 20% on the exchange rate . I lived here for 10 years, the rent in comparable houses is 6.500 per month. So i would have paid 780.000 in rent already.  Just a few years more I will be living here for free even if I can't sell the property. 

Archived