Video: A mother's love: Dramatic scenes as people rescued during boat sinking off Koh Samet

webfact

Video: A mother's love: Dramatic scenes as people rescued during boat sinking off Koh Samet

10pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

In yet another Thai boat incident thirty people were rescued from a sinking vessel traveling between Ban Phe and Koh Samet on Thursday evening.

In one clip uploaded to YouLike from a Pattaya page a screaming mother can be seen desperate imploring rescuers to save her son before she cries with him in her arms.

A speedboat was quickly on the scene to save the 30 people as their boat took on water in the stretch between the mainland and the holiday destination.

There were no reports of casualties but local police are investigating, said INN.

Last month many Chinese tourists died when the Phoenix sank near Phuket.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-03

50 minutes ago, Darcula said:

Please, this story is not about safety issues, or tourism. It's about a mother's love.

I do not see a mothers love there. She abandoned her child on a sinking boat. Saved herself them ask others to get her child.  I feel a real loving mother would have taken the child with her to the safety of the rescue boat. 

Leaving her child to the care of others well taking care of herself is not motherly love sorry.

Maybe I should rephrase that. Leaving the life of her child to others,after abandoning.

18 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I do not see a mothers love there. She abandoned her child on a sinking boat. Saved herself them ask others to get her child.  I feel a real loving mother would have taken the child with her to the safety of the rescue boat. 

Leaving her child to the care of others well taking care of herself is not motherly love sorry.

Maybe I should rephrase that. Leaving the life of her child to others,after abandoning.

Stop your delirium, it was a few seconds and going from one edge of a boat to another with a child in the arms for a woman is dangerous, with the risk of both falling overboard, certainly, the man who carries the child did offer her to do it.

Besides, it is a sailor who speaks I participated in rescues as a volunteer of the SNSM and I would not have let a woman carry her child even against her will I would have done it myself.

But I know the Thai bashing it's fashionable for some :whistling:Pfffffff

It makes you wonder on whether or not Thai people know anything about prevention and maintenance of their boats ? I very much doubt it..

its like go until it breaks down kind of scenario, same thing goes for their planes and whatever vehicle that carries people.. I always feel like I’m putting my life in danger here more so than anywhere else I’ve been and travelled to..

A thought for the mother, why not passing her child over to the safe zone before making sure she’s alright ?

At least none of their passengers drowned or did they ?

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Stop your delirium, it was a few seconds and going from one edge of a boat to another with a child in the arms for a woman is dangerous, with the risk of both falling overboard, certainly, the man who carries the child did offer her to do it.

Besides, it is a sailor who speaks I participated in rescues as a volunteer of the SNSM and I would not have let a woman carry her child even against her will I would have done it myself.

Ya right. 

a few seconds and going from one edge of a boat to another with a child in the arms for a woman is dangerous, with the risk of both falling overboard, certainly, the man who carries the child did offer her to do it.

I do not believe a word of this I feel you fabricate as you go.  I do not think abandon ship time is that orderly .People scramble for their life.

But I know the Thai bashing it's fashionable for some :whistling:Pfff

I do not Thai bash try again.

All of a sudden letters went small strange huh

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

As is making excuses for them each time they balls something up. However I have to give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

6 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Ya right. 

a few seconds and going from one edge of a boat to another with a child in the arms for a woman is dangerous, with the risk of both falling overboard, certainly, the man who carries the child did offer her to do it.

I do not believe a word of this I feel you fabricate as you go.  I do not think abandon ship time is that orderly .People scramble for their life.

But I know the Thai bashing it's fashionable for some :whistling:Pfff

I do not Thai bash try again.

All of a sudden letters went small strange huh

I do not believe a word of this I feel you fabricate as you go :cheesy:

The danger is not imminent the boat takes the water for sure but is still far from sinking,

moreover, the one who was carrying the child is probably a sailor because it comes out of the boat again so we are not already at "People scramble for their life" I have participated in many rescues at sea quite comparable but the landlubber always know better!

"But I know the Thai bashing it's fashionable for some :whistling:Pfff "

You have to be blind not to see that for some posters it's a daily sport on TV. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Darcula said:

Please, this story is not about safety issues, or tourism. It's about a mother's love.

But one might ask how she got to safety quickly in the first place -  without her son? 

the question has to be asked!

33 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I do not believe a word of this I feel you fabricate as you go :cheesy:

The danger is not imminent the boat takes the water for sure but is still far from sinking,

moreover, the one who was carrying the child is probably a sailor because it comes out of the boat again so we are not already at "People scramble for their life" I have participated in many rescues at sea quite comparable but the landlubber always know better!

"But I know the Thai bashing it's fashionable for some :whistling:Pfff "

You have to be blind not to see that for some posters it's a daily sport on TV. 

You love to arque huh

You do fabricate you have no idea what went on a board the boat.Just make it up to justify your ignorance.

You want to creat senarios. How about she held his hand and lead him to safety. Or she stayed with him well the sailor carried him. 

No she left him on his own. Took care of her self first not much love there.

I do not know how you get Thai bashing out of what I posted  But  I quess when all else fails use that to feel better about yourself.

Oh by the way I am not a landlubber. Racied sailboats for years done race community races up to the level of CISM. Been demasted in heavy weather. Sailed up to Bering Strait and back,sailed around Vancouver Island  you want more I will keep going  but wish to stay humble.

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

You love to arque huh

You do fabricate you have no idea what went on a board the boat.Just make it up to justify your ignorance.

You want to creat senarios. How about she held his hand and lead him to safety. Or she stayed with him well the sailor carried him. 

No she left him on his own. Took care of her self first not much love there.

I do not know how you get Thai bashing out of what I posted  But  I quess when all else fails use that to feel better about yourself.

Oh by the way I am not a landlubber. Racied sailboats for years done race community races up to the level of CISM. Been demasted in heavy weather. Sailed up to Bering Strait and back,sailed around Vancouver Island  you want more I will keep going  but wish to stay humble.

You love to arque huh:cheesy: me?

On 8/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, lovelomsak said:

Nicely spotted, I was thinking the same thing, motherly love from the safety of the non-sinking rescue boat crying to get someone else to hand-over her son after she abandoned ship!!

On 8/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, sirmud63 said:

and thailand shoots its self in the foot again . 

both barrels this time . 

they  should  aim  higher.  though  the  targets   smaller

I watched the video again. The more I watch it the crazier it gets. 

Looks like the young boy was the last person rescued by that boat. As soon as the boy is on board they cast off. you can see them bringing in the fenders as they motor away. 

Archived