Moving In July 07

Iam married to a Thai national, and have been for 38 years. We are returning to Thailand in July 07. We purchased two pieces of land in March of this year and plan on building our new home when we get there. Iam over Fifty so I could apply for the retirement visa, would I be better off in getting a visa to support my Thai wife? What sort of monthly income would I have to show. I have about B60,000 (at todays exchange rate) a month retirement income and other assets to prove a yearly income of more than B1,000,000. We have a banking account in Thailand now with over B120K. Does my income to support my wife have to be 800K per year or 400K? What if I want to work teaching at the local technical school, or ESL? My Thai language skills get me by with family and should get better with time in country.

Edited by rocky3

If you are thinking about working it needs to be the marriage extension of stay rather than retirement. The requirement is 40k monthly family income. You will need letter from Embassy where you state your income and have paperwork to support that letter if immigrations asks to see it. Obtain a non immigrant O visa prior to arrival and with 3 to 4 week remaining on the 90 day entry go to Immigration to extend. There is a list of things you will need (wife number one) but best to check on that closer to time and at office you will use as they do vary.

If you are thinking about working it needs to be the marriage extension of stay rather than retirement. The requirement is 40k monthly family income. You will need letter from Embassy where you state your income and have paperwork to support that letter if immigrations asks to see it. Obtain a non immigrant O visa prior to arrival and with 3 to 4 week remaining on the 90 day entry go to Immigration to extend. There is a list of things you will need (wife number one) but best to check on that closer to time and at office you will use as they do vary.

Thank-ypu lopburi3.

Edited by rocky3