Juicer: Seeking advice on bringing or buying after arrival...

Looking to purchase a juicer with the goal being to spend under $300 USD. 

Should I bring it from the USA (Amazon, buy it in Japan (where I plan to spend a week before moving to Chiang Mai), or just buy it in Thailand?

Would bringing it from the USA be dumb due to voltage differences in the electrical outlets?

I'll be spending about 5.5 months in SouthEast Asia (at least) and plan on drinking 1-2 juices per day.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Seems quite a lot to spend on a juicer which, after all, is a relatively simple device.

This will give you an idea of what is available here:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-juicers-and-fruit-extractors/

If you dont want to bring things in your luggage you will find that Amazon will send many items here directly, though there is a fairly large duty and shipping charge which they tell you about before you order and which they collect in advance. Technically you might be charged duty/VAT here if you import such items yourself in your luggage, but in practice it is very rare to be checked.

As you mention, you would be wise to check the voltage of the appliance if it comes from the US. You need 220V devices for use here without some sort of voltage converter. Anything bought on Lazada should be suitable.

I dont know about Japan but I would expect it to be expensive. You could check the prices on Amazon's Japan website.

My wife bought a slow juicer as apparently it keeps more nutrients within the juice as the blender type gets very hot.

It is used religiously daily  a few times for beets carrots, pumpkin as well as soft fruits.

The juice does taste a lot better IMHO to blended drinks.

The only downside for you maybe the weight if your travelling around SE Asia.

The store is based in Chiang Mai. 

https://thailandjuicer.com/en/

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Bores and sprinklers. The 40 rai and growing is part of the project and it not my project. The project is by the DLD and the locals. It happens that they located this first operations on the wife land. All training is supplied by the DLD.

Awsome. Can anybody join? At any time? Is it free?

36 minutes ago, cobbler said:

Awsome. Can anybody join? At any time? Is it free?

This project is owned, supervised and controlled by the Department of Livestock and Development. They required 50 locals for the star up on ours. The other locations are under the same requirements. All their vets are university graduates and all physical well being of the heard is at not cost to the participants. It is only opened to Thais. In Kap Choeng we happen to have and office of the DLD and DPA both are about 1.5 km from us. The DLP states that every amphur in Thailand has an office. You would need to contact the DLP and enquire for your area.<ajpr info and photos of this project is on this thread   

The people involved are and have been putting in major time and work on this project. Today my wife and others are out cutting corn stocks, they will have a major load which will be chipped up by a chipper provided by the DLD for mixing as a heifer food. There have been numerous class room sessions given by the DLD, the lastone just this past week of which about 100 locals attended. Btw even I was asked to attend. Go back to the thread I posted the link to and have a look.

Archived