Why is Thailand heaven for foreign criminals? Thai media talk to immigration

rooster59

16 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Foreigners also brought Aids and prostitution to Thailand. Thailand is no 1 and whatever goes wrong in paradise must be because of foreigners :Thais have an infinite ability to rationalize and project. 

That's right! That's what my first Thai girlfriend had to listen to, and what upset her very much,  when she worked with local government, and male employees found out she had a foreign boyfriend: "Falang have AIDS..." - But what do you expect from a country where the educational system is designed to keep people's knowledge and mental development limited to that of 5-year-olds, just to save the semi-feudal system?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

I know Thai people generally probably don't want to accept it, but a significant reason so many foreign criminals come to Thailand is because so many Thai criminals are in Thailand. 

Like attracts like. A large number of low quality local people will attract a disproportionately high number of low quality foreign people. That simple. 

Overwhelming majority of Thai people break THIER OWN LAWS. So, why would they expect foreingers to take those laws seriously? 

When Thai people begin to show consistency of following their own laws, irrespective of money, power, status, they can then expect far fewer low quality people showing up in their country. 

You mean like soo many American criminals are in the USA, And soo many English criminals are in the UK, and soo many Australian ETCETC who also dont follow their respective country laws!

I dont quite get what your saying? 

Clearly Thai people live either in denial or in a dream world of their own, probably both,  starting from being fruitcakes and insular what kind of high thinking could you possibly have ? The sad and most frustrating thing is that they wouldn’t admit the reality as it is here  ??‍♂️ Not worth trying either..

I fully agree with all the above written comments, once again Thailand isn’t such a wonderful country as they put it, take a look at your inner corruption firstly, enforce your laws, especially on the roads !

Nevertheless, it’s not that cheap to live here anymore  ( unless you’re already well off in the begin with )  They’re  devoiding food street Thai people off the pavement, which in my opinion apart from the warm weather that’s what used to attract me the most of this place, unfortunaly the current government is making it harder for anyone to make a decent living whether  there are Thai or not ..It’s no longer attractive after all ?

Go ahead welcome the Chinese which are making  it even less attractive ?

Agh yeh open and easy borders and a non strict visa policy, plenty of sea ports. A cash economy - easy money laundering and a wild west justice system where you can get away with almost anything. Marry a thai live the dream and run around lawless. Money gets you literally anything and as soon as you enter the country you basically can dissapear

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

Foreigners also brought Aids and prostitution to Thailand. Thailand is no 1 and whatever goes wrong in paradise must be because of foreigners :Thais have an infinite ability to rationalize and project. 

Wrong, prostitution was here long before the Americans were stationed in U-Tapao during the Vietnam war.
This has been refuted already.

However, I do agree that prostitution feeds corruption, crime and vice versa - a vicious cycle.

1 hour ago, robertthesculptor said:

I truly doubt there are more or worse criminals here than anywhere. but the media loves to scream about it.

ease of movement from area to area...no that is untrue. all foreigners here are very monitored. much more so than Europe or the US or Mexico.  

truly there is a strong xenophobic feeling in official Thailand. I was not allowed to get a SIM card from DTack even though I am married to a Thai and have lived here for over 6 years with no problems.

I went to 7/11 and bought a true SIM.  No questions asked...... Not even passport required.  This was less than 12 months ago. 

The answer is simple.

Criminals from the West are likely to be nabbed in the West if they stay there.
Here in Thailand crime a free-for-all. Police aren't interested in doing anything about crime because that would mean getting off their <deleted> and doing what they're paid to do. Much better for them to turn a blind eye to crime and participate in it by taking bribes and being corrupt.

Thailand is a country that's not serious at all about crime. Any crackdowns concentrate on easy targets like foreign overstayers. The authorities really couldn't give the tiniest shit, just as Thailand doesn't give the tiniest shit about the daily carnage on Thai roads.

Criminals can get away with anything in Thailand simply by paying the bastard Police and Customs officers. Nothing will change for the better in Thailand while corruption is rife everywhere.
What a backward country.

2 hours ago, Monomial said:

He means a postpaid SIM card.  For that, you either need to be Thai or have a work permit.

I’m on a retirement visa and married to a Thai, had my postpaid sim from Dtac for over 5 years now. Had no issue getting it, just showed my yellow book, visa in my passport and bank book to prove I lived here. 

Criminals are some cops who always ask me to pull over then a weird long complicated story then i give 300 bht and i can continue driving  how about that heaven?

They always stand behind the toll gate boxes driving from hua hin to bkk they aim on foreigners maybe media can address that..

2 hours ago, trianglechoke said:

I don't believe it is a haven.

The UK is. Not only will it house you and give you free food free medical and education, free legal representation and more, then lend u money for uni u never have to pay back plus u can bring your entire family there and they get the same costing millions and millions of pounds and u can do this openly calling for the death of all indigenous brits whilst being a terrorist and a pedo grooming gang member who will get out in 3 years instead of the 22 sentenced too .... In Thailand u get fooooooooooook all for free, cant own land, a business, you bird is ALWAYS looked on as a hooker, high as hell AIDS count, the police simply target u, the locals think u are genetically inferior shit... do u want me to go on.... u guys will post any rubbish these days to get a few online hits for your advertising revenue 

Thailand only open for criminals with money ____. Rephrase that,  Thailand only open for anyone’s  money 

Archived